I don’t really have any big plans to modify this stick as I feel as though the Hayabusa buttons are good enough. However, as this is an RAP and it retains the same case design as prior models, modding this stick to put in a Sanwa Denshi or Seimitsu lever or pushbuttons is very easy — while not Razer Panthera/Qanba Dragon easy — RAPs are so widespread in part because of how easy to mod they are. They are, of course, Hori’s own Hayabusa buttons. Officially licensed by Microsoft. This time, Hori has added a plexi-glass over the stock artwork which makes it easier to add custom artwork. To be fair, Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (regardless of complaints about how broken that game is) was a lot of fun on this stick, feeling much more like the classic arcade title that it’s based on. The result takes some getting used to as I have found I had to adjust the angle of my wrist slightly in order to effectively hit the buttons. The unit features a brushed aluminum top panel. This is probably because Street Fighter is a 6 button game as opposed to Tekken’s 4 button system. Your email address will not be published. EX fighting stick. Hardware Review: Hori D-Pad Joy-Con Controller For Nintendo Switch. Unlike the traditional Taito VIewlix layout you find in most sticks, the Noir layout is angled more downwards and the buttons closer together. Unboxing the Hori RAP N is pretty much a standard affair with the arcade stick and manual included. You’re right though about the lever; but personally, I can rock w/ it . I cover all that and more in this review. Onto to the buttons. Once you go Noir, it’s hard to go back. Probably, but I wouldn’t mind these buttons. Then it’s just plug in and play. I’ve already reviewed the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 which is a great fightstick. The joystick is looser than average, which is hit or miss depending on the player’s performance. It also helps that the buttons and joystick feel good. ProFightstick.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affliate sites. The Hori Real Arcade Pro N boasts fantastic design and the excellent Noir button layout adds to what is already a great fightstick. Unboxing and set up. Noir is a lot more comfortable and complements the natural curvature of the hand. Required fields are marked *. It uses the same cord compartment design as the RAP 4/V models that preceded it, with a plenty of cord (over nine feet). Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Some players prefer the slope on the front of this case as a wrist-rest, so that will be a positive for those put off by the RAP.N’s boxy case. In support of Street Fighter IV, which is set to debut on February 17, Hori U.S.A, the stateside arm of the Japanese gaming accessory manufacturer, has released the Real Arcade Pro. This is the standard place for Hori sticks and is easy to reach. Venom Multi Format Arcade Stick Review - "The Switch Stick" The Hori Split Pad Pro is a pair of replacement JoyCon which are much, much larger than your typical JoyCon, and designed for games that require you to juggle both analogue sticks in addition to the shoulder buttons. Hori hit a homerun by making the arcade stick look like a Nintendo accessory while retaining the Hori look.