I found the experience identical, if not better than, my time spent in the arcades. if (typeof siteads.queue !== 'undefined') { But real fighting game enthusiasts insist on playing fighting games the way they were meant to be played: on an arcade-style joystick. If I didn’t like them, I might still pick up the Fighting Edge, open up the bottom and swap them out. For the price though, you might be better to just buy an arcade stick, buttons and build your own controller with some MDF board. we reviewed Hori’s Fighting Edge for the PlayStation 3, now available for $US200 ($261) at Hori’s website. This looks mighty promising. The hand rest, in particular, was very comfortable and let my fingers float in perfect position above the stick and buttons. if (typeof siteads.queue !== 'undefined') { Now you can get the top stories from Kotaku delivered to your inbox. The Hori Fighting Edge Is A Beast Of A Stick - Kotaku Australia operational and functions as intended. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. The Fighting EDGE is a landmark in design and functionality. The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360-compatible stick will be available for purchase later this month for $199.99, exclusively through Hori's website. Swing through the checkout with Afterpay. In the end, I’d go so far as to say that it felt better than playing in an arcade. Buy what you want today, pay for it over time. siteads.queue.push( {"site":"kotaku","pagetype":"article","ad_type":"article","sec":"in-real-life","amp":false,"ctype":"article","article":"the hori fighting edge is a beast of a stick","article-tags":["hori","kotakucore","kotakueast","review","tweet"],"native":["null"],"aggregate":["hori","kotakucore","kotakueast","review","tweet"],"pageID":["null"],"sub-sec":"","cat":"in-real-life","cat1":"","item":{"objectid":514284,"title":"The Hori Fighting Edge Is A Beast Of A Stick","text":" <\/a>Lots of people play fighting games. When Richard Eisenbeis reviewed it for us in 2012, he mentioned resting his hand near the touch-sensitive controls and accidentally switching on “Tournament Mode,” a special setting that keeps players from accidentally hitting home, start or select functions. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. }. Already own it? If its a brushed aluminum top and not some clear acrylic cover over it. Many are happy to use their standard control pads. Type Fight Stick. It is also very loud (for those of you who like that). Everyday low prices on a huge range of video game accessories. It’s so lovely and clean. Privacy Policy. Interest free, with no additional fees if you pay on Re: Need support for Hori Fighting Edge « Reply #7 on: 02:14 PM - 03/03/15 » Well I had that CM for a long time already and T1 doesn't make any different for … Overall for a first stick, it's real nice. siteads.queue.push( {"site":"kotaku","pagetype":"article","ad_type":"article","sec":"in-real-life","amp":false,"ctype":"article","article":"horis ps4 fighting edge controller is a beauty","article-tags":["fighting edge","fighting stick","hardware","hori","impressions","peripherals","ps4"],"native":["null"],"aggregate":["fighting edge","fighting stick","hardware","hori","impressions","peripherals","ps4"],"pageID":["null"],"sub-sec":"","cat":"in-real-life","cat1":"","item":{"objectid":850695,"title":"Hori’s PS4 Fighting Edge Controller Is A Beauty","text":"Back in 2012 we reviewed Hori's Fighting Edge for the PlayStation 3<\/a>, a mighty beast of an arcade fighting controller with a fancy programmable touch panel. Kai - Flight Stick: Blue for PlayStation 4, Razer Panthera Evo Arcade Stick for PS4, RZ06-02720100-R3G1, Hori Real Arcade Pro V Kai One - Fight Stick for Xbox One, Mad Catz Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick TE2+ for PlayStation4 and PlayStation3, Granblue Fantasy: Versus - Premium Edition for PlayStation 4, Qanba Aegis Travel Backpack - PlayStation 4, SANWA GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor gate for JLF Joysticks Set of 2, Gam3Gear Brook Super Sw Converter for PS3 PS4 to Nintendo Switch Controller Adapter with Gam3Gear Keychain. If you reside in an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable. A brief hands-on with the Hori Fighting Edge revealed its quality; the buttons were responsive and the stick recognized swift, complicated controller motions during a round of Street Fighter IV. For more from E3, check out the slide show below. USB Fighting Stick Arcade Controller Gamepad Game Joystick Com... EG STARTS Zero Delay USB Encoder To PC Games Controllers For A... Mcbazel Brook PS4+ Audio Fighting Board Assembly For PS3 PS4 P... Mayflash F500 Arcade Fight Stick For PS4/PS3/XBOX ONE/XBOX 360/PC/Android/Switch. Everyday low prices on a huge range of video game accessories. Privacy Policy. }. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. I haven’t actually had a decent arcade style controller since the days of the Amiga.Modern sticks have all been too light and plasticy and never seem to do a good job of finding the diagonal directions which are a must for games like Xevious and Yi Ah Kung Fu to name a few. For more than a decade, Jeffrey L. Wilson has penned gadget- and video game-related nerd-copy for a variety of publications, including 1UP, 2D-X, The Cask, Laptop, LifeStyler, Parenting, Sync, Wise Bread, and WWE. Capcom Sale; Toy Sale; Puzzle Sale; Video Game Sale; Board Games Sale; Monopoly Sale; Merchandise Sale; Tubbz Sale; Ubisoft Sale; Gifts Under $10; Gifts Under $20; Gifts Under $50; Gamesmen Selects Board Games; Gamesmen Selects Video Games; Clearance Bin. Hori Fighting Edge Fight Stick | X360 | Buy Now | at Mighty Ape … $51.95. You can edit your question or post anyway. It feels even better. With my huge hands, mis-touches were inevitable, so I passed. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to movies, TV shows, music, Kindle e-books, Twitch Prime, and more. Frankly, if you are a competitive fighting gamer and like your stick to be massive, meaty, and designed for tournament play, this just might be the stick for you. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. It comes with a 9.8-foot cable that offers plenty of length for those moments when you just want to kick back and relax. He now brings his knowledge and skillset to PCMag as Senior Analyst. Newly Developed Stick Lever and Buttons – HORI Original stick lever and Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Twitter - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab. It also weighs nearly eight pounds, so once it’s on my lap, it’s staying there. I really love the design. buttons “KURO”, Industry first touch sensor START and SELECT buttons that can be disabled to Nobody has reviewed this product yet. No additional import charges at delivery! Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. They are a well known, trusted and reputable manufacturer of Fightsticks. Many are happy to use their standard control pads. Many are happy to use their standard control pads. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. buttons were developed with the player in mind without compromising the top