This research on Christianity as a religion effects on gender roles and gender stereotypes details a survey performed at Huntington University. One of the things that I do not understand well is, with all respect, why should a man treat a woman inferiorly in the name of religion. Lately, though, women have been pushing harder for gender equality all over the globe, especially in cases of religious freedom. A Presentation by Alexis Cameron Religion, How is it Affecting Gender Equality? While religion is historically seen as perpetuating gender norms, society often overlooks feminism’s roots in those seeking equality within religious practice, explains the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace and World Affairs at Georgetown University. While correlation is present, it is not as high of correlation expected. A poverty stricken country will often have more inequalities compared to a wealthy country. I agree with you, I think that religion has an effect on gender equality. There is gender inequality in Religion but could the condition the people live under affect their intentions. I also think that there is a limit in believing that men are superior to women. The relationship between religion and gender equality is a complex one. To be more specific, conservative churches endorse male supremacy in the household for much the same reason that they endorse … What? This is because the people are not educated about the modern day; it’s our duty to do so. Religion plays a vital role in shaping cultural, social, economic, and political norms in many parts of the world. Denmark now has women-only mosque, as does … Religion itself can also be a driver of the trend toward gender equality. Religion, which serves as a reference point for gender norms and expectations, is often seen as institutionalizing and perpetuating patriarchy, thus frustrating many advocates for women’s rights and equality. With direct correlation between the historical, cultural, and economic ties from region to gender roles this research. So the aversion of religious leaders to gender equality may be a specific case of their more general endorsement of social inequality. How did This Idea Develop? Well in religious texts, there are many ideas which support males being superior to women This contributes to the gender inequality in society today Why Should I Care?