good combined use of time. You can still get up to the bottom of (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I hope you'll come back and let us know how all the schedule planning worked out for you. It's a self guided tour. Also check for the evening offerings of fine operettas.These are presented in the former private royal theater in the Palace complex. We watched the bakery demonstration, passed through the privvy garden, spent a good chunk of time in the hedge maze, took a bunch of photographs, walked all the way around the building, and had lunch over the course of about 5 hours. Just wanted to report back (rather belatedly) that we we ended up spending about 6 hours at Schonbrunn, including lunch at the restaurant in the gloriette, at a very comfortable pace, and then spent a few hours at the Belvedere, which isn't huge, so we felt that we had enough time to enjoy the artwork, architecture and gardens there. I also concur with the poster above that says just the tour and wandering the grounds is probably enough for most folks. Worth it. Soa chance to see a little of the local life. Get answers to your questions about Vienna. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-18634348', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Vienna. Map updates are paused. Arrived at 9am, left at 2pm. You can still get up to the bottom of (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Tell me about public transport in Vienna and what are the costs? How do I get from the airport to the city center? You've all been so helpful. I agree combining Schonbrunn and Belvedere in one day would be too much. You can still get up to the bottom of (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? :), Thanks so much for the info, everyone! I hope this helps. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Schönbrunn, while modelled on (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The Palace is amazing. Beautiful Palace outside Vienna need at least 3 - 4 hours or a half day trip. 6 Hour Transit in Vienna allowed from Istanbul to UK? Be prepared to walk quite a bit in the park and go at a day with nice weather possibly. I would love to hear your opinion on this. So make sure you do that first. Schottenkirche (Church of Our Lady of the Scots), Minoritenkirche (Church of the Minor Friars), Augustinerkirche (Church of St. Augustine), The Leading Hotels Of The World in Vienna, Hotels near Tiergarten Schoenbrunn - Zoo Vienna, Hotels near Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna, Hotels near Natural History Museum (Naturhistorisches Museum). The Hofburg is just across the Ringstrasse from Le Meredien.. Tour would take depending on your interest an hour or so. The experts will provide better advice, but here's what I remember. The only setback of the stuff is that they can't manage to shorten long queues around 12. It takes about 1 hour plus for a tour of the rooms inside. If the weather had been nicer, we probably would have stayed longer - taken some rest between items, etc.. he like nothing better than playing with a chain saw!! You will see local people walking or jogging in the park. I bought our tickets for Schonbrunn online. My spelling leaves something to be desired today - so, a pupil of Le Notre designed/was responsible for the Schönbrunn garden/park. We went a couple of weeks ago for the first time, in terrible weather. You definitely are going to learn new interesting facts about Habsburg s. Outside the palace you can find more beautiful views than you can count on your hand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. If the experts contradict me, you should believe them instead of me :), This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. There is a lot of walking. angra311, is there a particular reason why you wouldn't recommend combining Schonbrunn and Belvedere on the same day? I personally wouldn't cram two significant landmarks in one day, I would take in art, history and nature unhurried, savouring the flavour of each. You don't have to arrive in Schonbrunn in the morning, so you could do some sightseeing on the way - for example Secession and Naschmarkt are on the same underground line and don't require as much time as Belvedere. The main part is the palace and that should take between 1-2 hours depending on how interested you are in the many amazing rooms. 6 Hour Transit in Vienna allowed from Istanbul to UK? However if you need a 30 minute break, it's as good of a thing to do as anything else (if you have an interest in baking...I suppose). The immense grounds, gardens, zoo and maze can be enjoyed as well as the inside palace tour. I don't see how you could spend all day in Schönbrunn (finishing with the terrace restaurant at the pool) unless you perhaps spent hours in the zoo as well. Music Concerts. My trusty Lonely Planet guide tells me they are open from 6.30am. I used a classic pass a few weeks ago. Where to buy a prepaid SIM CARD in Austria. The palace is just awesome.