COOK STEAK IN OVEN WITHOUT CAST IRON SKILLET How to cook the perfect steak If you're cooking to impress and only a tender, juicy steak will cut it, don't be fooled into spending a fortune. Chop it into large bites, heat your pan and do a quick pan fry. Cook 3-4 minutes until lightly browned on bottom. You must log in or register to reply here. This is the best filet mignon steak ever. Ready to give our steak a try? Rub the seasonings into the meat, pressing firmly. Meanwhile, in the pan, the butter will melt and after a few minutes you might see tiny wisps of smoke. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/12/butter-basted-pan-seared-steaks-recipe.html. Add the bacon grease, let it melt. Hi Stephen, I hadn’t thought about pouring the pan juice over the baked potato. You can still enjoy a flavorful, juicy steak without an outdoor grill. But, thank you for sharing your way of doing steaks with us. Because a cast-iron pan + lots of heat + a quality cut of meat = lots and lots and lots of smoke. That’s to say because thick cuts will come out with dry edges and undercooked form. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Smile. It’s my pleasure to share the recipes. Gourmia vs Presto Pressure Cooker: What’s The Difference? It only takes a minute or two to do this. Be Blessed!!! Thanks, Steve. Be Blessed!!! If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more just like it. And sweet potato biscuits too! Be Blessed!!! You need a thick steak—at least an inch thick, preferably thicker. Which is it? You are using an out of date browser. And, should you ever decide that you are no longer interested, it’s even quicker to unsubscribe. Then pour it over your steak! Enjoy! Repeat steps 5 and 6 with this side, except this time think about how your life isn’t working out quite the way you hoped it would. To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. Keywords: skillet steak, cast iron steak, ribeye, t-bone, new york strip, bacon grease, butter. Hi Steve, Once the steak has cooked enough, it will easily release from the pan without sticking. Grab a skillet. I look forward each Monday to hear from you. Add the steak. Stop by any old time. When the caramelization is done properly, the forming of a crispy crust will be easier. I love your recipes and I live by your old fashioned beef stew! Remove to plate and let rest 5 … Thanks for sharing your recipes and thoughts with us. You don’t need to let it sit for an hour or whatever before cooking because people like us who have jobs don’t have time for that. When I was a teen, my older brother would invite our mom and me over to his house for supper. Medium = 160°F Let the butter melt while the steak is cooking on the second side. Your newsletter today brought back a memory for quite a few years ago. Grilled Vidalia Steaks with Sweet Italian Sausage. Winter rains are cold here too. Let pan get hot. Your email address will not be published. I really enjoy your blog which I just stumbled on recently as I’m a recipe collector. Thank you for your visit today. Smile. So I present to you an alternate way to cook a gorgeous hunk of meat, which will be crusty on the outside and tender on the inside. Smile. https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-steak-on-the-stovetop-240330 Have a blessed day Steve! I appreciate you taking the time to write and visit. You can cook a steak in a stainless steel pan, cast iron not required. Happy August to you! I tend to go the 'sirloin tip' route. Once you’ve flipped the steak, add some butter right on top of the steak. While using the pan, make sure that the steak is at room temperature because cold steak will turn out rather uncooked. After you’ve taken the steak out to rest. Smile. About 2.5 minutes each side. After you plate, drizzle some juices from the pan over it. Make sure pan is very hot. Meanwhile deglaze the skillet with (minimum amount) black coffee. Super easy. As soon as the bacon grease has melted, swirl the pan to coat the bottom with grease. Further, seasoned skillets will sear and brown foods without allowing the food to stick to the skillet’s surface. Let sit on counter for 30-45 minutes to come up to room temperature. Many of your recipes and writings recall to my mind memories of those times and my Mama’s cooking. Garlic powder is optional, but I always add it to mine. Unsubscribe at any time. There is a boring scientific explanation for the browning of the meat called "the Maillard reaction," but I’ll spare you that. So, in this section, we have outlined the recipe (yes, even if you don’t have the cast iron skillet!). I hope you’ll do it today. I grill in snowstorms but it’s cold winter rain in coastal Massachusetts that drives me inside usually to roast something…looking forward to using your recipe for this stovetop steak. Flip the steak over and repeat the same process on the other side. Cast iron is next best. When our new furnace-A/C was installed, they soldered a bunch of copper pipes with a torch literally right under the detector, and the baggie worked fine. After you flip the steak and are about a minute from taking it out, put a knob of butter into the pan and baste the steak with it. 4 Reasons Why Mueller Pressure Cooker Not Pressurizing. Also, the hot pan will take too long to develop the crust. They’re still flavorful and juicy and quicker than waiting on charcoal to get burning good. I am a southern gal born and raised up here in Halifax Co. and enjoyed my childhood in the 60’s and 70’s.