Will you go with larger eyes? Learn how to draw the shape of eyes and how to capture people's emotions and expressions by just drawing eyes. A mirror can also be a great way to get a quick glance at proportions and how the face generally "works". Freely experiment with this, but keep in mind that unless you're drawing a character that breaks the rules, our goal is generally to associate with preconceived ideas and conventions. The human e... Do you know how to draw eyes looking down? Cats, for example, have slit-like pupils. Take your time especially, when you draw. So, for example, simple lines visually "make sense" to represent eyelashes, even if that's not how they actually look. Reasons maybe plenty, but it is a common observation that every artist begins their career with cartoon drawing and sketching. Generally speaking, eyes tend to be an equal distance apart, with about one eye's distance in between. Here are some different examples of how one could exaggerate this part of the eye. Eyes looking down. Your support helps wikiHow to create more in-depth illustrated articles and videos and to share our trusted brand of instructional content with millions of people all over the world. I associate surprise with being "wide-eyed", so I'm going to start by putting emphasis on showing extra whites in the eyes. This article has been viewed 175,986 times. That's how to draw eyes looking down. Match wide open eyes with a screaming mouth and you have terror. How do I draw the eyelashes better when drawing anime eyes crying? Even in realistic portraits, that general shape will be present for those expressions, and the eyebrows will reinforce the degree of the emotion by plunging down in the same direction as the eyes for anger, or pulling off to the side to mimic the upper line of sad eyes. Everything you need for your next creative project. When Daisy isn't making games, you might catch her jamming on her keytar or fighting virtual monsters. All the materials are intended for educational purposes only. This is a good time to think about what aspects you'd like to exaggerate. They stretch and move, just like the other parts of the face. The same eyes with a laughing mouth is happy surprise. It can also change how your work communicates. consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. It expands and contracts, typically in response to light. We know that this symbol represents an idea. For example, larger eyes might turn out visually appealing, but eyes that don't have a strong, visual relationship to each other could come off as unusual or visually awkward (unless that's what you're going for!). Keep practicing. Below are three different, stylized approaches to eyes. There is no right or wrong answer on that! You don't need to draw tears running down the chin. How can I fix this? How do I become a professional Anime drawer? Design like a professional without Photoshop. Their debut title, Tiny Bird Garden, is available on iOS and Android. That's often a key part of drawing from a stylistic perspective—finding the balance that you like between communication and proportion. The eyelashes curl out to the side, and oftentimes, the darkness of the line of lashes is indistinguishable from the tone of the iris. Here, I've drawn the eyeball in blue and then placed simple, curved lines on top to indicate where I think I'd like the eyelids to go. This is why they are typically portrayed with a rounded shape. Generally speaking, cartoon eyes tend to take advantage of exaggeration for expressive or aesthetic reasons. Wide open eyes show surprise or shock, whether welcome or terrifying. Let's try a few different directions one could potentially take with this. How To Draw Cartoon Eyes In this tutorial well discuss the basics of drawing cartoon eyes how eyes work… Written By Harios Thursday, December 26, 2019 Edit However, in the case of this example, we'll start off with a neutral face. By using a simple dot eye you can make characters look…. Put emphasis on his eyes. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/97\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/97\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-1.jpg\/aid3657840-v4-728px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/92\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/92\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-2.jpg\/aid3657840-v4-728px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/9c\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/9c\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-3.jpg\/aid3657840-v4-728px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/d4\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/d4\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-4.jpg\/aid3657840-v4-728px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3a\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3a\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-5.jpg\/aid3657840-v4-728px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ee\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ee\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-6.jpg\/aid3657840-v4-728px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/aa\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/aa\/Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-7.jpg\/aid3657840-v4-728px-Draw-an-Anime-Eye-Crying-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. © 2020 Envato Pty Ltd. Not a proble we have a guided lesson for you. However, notice how the first example looks rather sad and innocent, while the second looks stern. In fact, we can take these ideas and further use them to communicate things like emotions or even general character traits. How to Draw Cartoon Eyes with Easy Drawing Tutorial for Kids and Wanna-Be-Cartoonists Learn how to draw cartoon eyes with the following cartoon eyes drawing tutorial and guide. We've looked at several approaches to drawing cartoon eyes. These aspects can also be exaggerated! How, then, do you know which features to include and which ones to omit? The pupil is the dark, round shape inside the iris. How do I draw the rest of the face, such as the ears, nose, and mouth? Drawing Cartoon Eyes (Scroll Down on the Page) I must admit, poorly drawn and unfocused eyes are a big pet peeve of mine, as it it takes so little extra effort to draw them well. As a conscious sense organ, the mammalian eye allows vision. http://www.drawing-made-easy.com. On the left, I tried adding a spiral pattern inside the eye. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. If you make a mistake, you can rub it out. Generally speaking, the eyeball is a spherical shape. You get 10 high definition videos with simple and easy to follow written instructions. The only difference between the two is the eyes. I've applied the same concept to other aspects of the face here. wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. Please consider making a contribution to wikiHow today. You don't necessarily have to visually include the entire eyelid (if at all), but keep in mind how this part of the eye works. Again, the eyeball is round and sits inside the eye sockets—the eyelids go around and on top. It can also change how your work communicates. Our eyes generally look at the same spot, together. It takes most anime and manga artist years to perfect their skills. However, we recognize this as an eye. As an illustrator, you need to know how to draw anything from a single teardrop to copious amounts of waterworks. Drawing Cartoon Eyes (Scroll Down on the Page) I must admit, poorly drawn and unfocused eyes are a big pet peeve of mine, as it it takes so little extra effort to draw them well. Why, then, should we consider the eye's shape? Copyright 2020 ©PaintingValley.com All Rights Reserved, LIMITED OFFER: Get 10 free Shutterstock images. Here are a couple of notes from the lecture I give on cartoon eyes. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. These are very helpful for drawing different types of cartoon eyes. We all "know" that eyes don't actually look like this in our day-to-day lives. This tutorial will teach you how you can contain the eyes and eyebrows in the same plane, or basic shape, to make sure they align evenly. Eyelashes suggest feminine character. Just draw an upside-down narrow-looking 'U', or draw the character nervously lip biting. Here are a couple of notes from the lecture I give on cartoon eyes. Drawing Eyes - Eyes ... 700x700 0 0. Here are some examples. 1501 Woodside Cir | Fairfield, IA | 52556 | USA, Web: Eyes are the windows of the soul, and as such, they are also the cornerstone of facial expressions. In profile view, we primarily see one eye, but we see the eyelids from a different perspective. Collaborate. Laughing eyes are closed or mostly closed. % of people told us that this article helped them. Let's consider some finishing touches. Follow whichever you prefer, or use these concepts to develop and experiment with your own preferred aesthetic! Creating a Base With the Cross and Circle Draw a circle on your sketch paper. Like the eyes, the brows can come in different shapes and sizes. Happy drawing! LIMITED OFFER: Get 10 free Shutterstock images - PICK10FREE, Views: 1996 Images: 35 Downloads: 7 Likes: 2, Tags: Some required explanation about the cartoon eyes & methods to draw them We can also use the eyelids and eyebrows to help push the emotion we're trying to convey further.