4. By day I’m chairman and CEO of one of the largest independent publishers left in America. “I’m cooking my dinner” basically means what it says. I go home after work and I think to myself, what should I cook for dinner? Some examples of easy slow cooker recipes are soups, stews, chili, or things like pulled pork and chicken. The other two nights, I’m either traveling or we’re eating out. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/25\/Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/25\/Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-4.jpg\/aid11456989-v4-728px-Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Good strategy but you might want to avoid the cans o beans due to the BPA in the can liners. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 2,339 times. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/76\/Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/76\/Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-3.jpg\/aid11456989-v4-728px-Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. And having a few favorite recipes to go to every week make it easy to cook—and even easier to answer the question “what’s for dinner” every night! Gather together a bunch of recipes you like and then make a calendar of which meals you will cook on which days. Put into pint jars and add boiling water to 1″ from top and process 1 1/4 hours. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. For instance, if you or someone you are cooking for is allergic to peanuts, make sure nothing in the recipe may contain traces of peanut. I’m a writer, cook, organic enthusiast, romance novel lover, and major music fan who does yoga. At the end of the day, I just want to eat (and feed my family) something that is organic, healthy, and yummy. Every day? 1. Perfect recipes for the home cook. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Holy cow, it’s all too much work! This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c1\/Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c1\/Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-9.jpg\/aid11456989-v4-728px-Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. By using our site, you agree to our. If you are cooking for anyone else in addition to yourself, make sure you know whether they have any dietary restrictions as well. Your email address will not be published. Dinner will be ready and on the table in less than an hour from start to finish… some are even 30 minutes! Those ingredients determine the meal, unless there is nothing fresh…then I ask the next question: 2. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Last Updated: August 6, 2020 It was a hard habit for me to break but now I make my beans from scratch, it requires some soaking but in the long run its well worth it. Well, instead of trying to plan out what to eat on the spot everyday, I have found it beneficial to plan a weekly menu in advance to save a bit of frustration. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. My Account Sign Out. Thanks! This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. Your email address will not be published. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Do I really want to use the frozen from-the-garden tomato sauce or pesto? Sometimes it’s easy and sometimes it’s hard, but it’s got to be answered one way or the other if people want to eat. I just LOVE your blog it is always helpful and uplifting!! Medical Advice Notice: The information presented on this website is not intended as specific medical advice and is not a substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis. Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account. But five nights a week is still a lot of nights to find the answer to the question of what’s for dinner. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/04\/Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/04\/Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-7.jpg\/aid11456989-v4-728px-Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. The best-case scenario for dinner is that you have something waiting in the Crock-Pot or made a thoughtful week-long meal plan on Sunday.But not every day is a best-case scenario. Read more. I buy organic dried beans and can my own. Whatever method you decide to use, you’ll be cooking in no time! The other two nights, I’m either traveling or we’re eating out. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. I have no damn idea. But in case that isn’t enough to inspire you, the third question is this: 3. This error message is only visible to WordPress admins, A Visit to My Kitchen: Jennifer Patterson Lorenzetti, Top Ten Reasons Why Art is Essential to the Human Spirit. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b4\/Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b4\/Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-6.jpg\/aid11456989-v4-728px-Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. My latest favorite grain is farro because it’s quicker than brown rice and less processed than pasta—it goes well in soups, salads, and also just by itself with butter or cheese. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. (which stands for Mean Old Mom). So I will share with you my process for deciding. Keep in mind that the meal wheels usually don’t get too specific with recipes, but they can at least give you a category of food you can use to narrow down your choices like Italian or Mexican. One way is to think about what you want to accomplish with tonight’s dinner to help you pick a recipe. Cook for people, cook often, cook food you like, turn the lights down low instead of cleaning in your corners, and don’t hesitate to ask people to bring things. For example, maybe you don’t want to spend money on new ingredients or you want leftovers for tomorrow. They're so easy to cook! I have no damn idea. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. What expiration dates are closing in on food in the fridge that needs to be dealt with? First world problems. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/fc\/Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/fc\/Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-5.jpg\/aid11456989-v4-728px-Decide-What-to-Cook-for-Dinner-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved.