I had about 13 cups of blueberries from a recent sale. Click here and use code attainsustain to save! Add the whole sugar amount to the fruits and mix well. Thank you for this recipe. ★ Did you make this easy blueberry jam recipe? When I hit the quick release there was some blueberry juice spatter so be forewarned. At that point the blueberry jam should be ready and you can take it from the heat to cool for 5 minutes. Combine blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice in pressure cooking pot. There are directions below for both; choose the method that works best in your kitchen! Ladle into a storage container. Let cool then transfer … After 10 minutes, release any remaining pressure with a quick pressure release. You can make this easy blueberry jam recipe on the stovetop or in your Instant Pot. We add some rum into the lid before closing the jar as this prevents mold and preserves the jam much longer naturally. Lock the lid in place and select high pressure and 3 minutes cook time. blueberry jam without pectin, how to make blueberry jam. Thank you. Wipe clean the rim of the jar and put on lids and bands. Great way to use fruit on sale when you don’t want a huge amount. Read more, Previous: Growing Buckwheat: 9 Reasons You Need it in Your Garden, Next: Blueberry Ginger Spiced Nectarines in Light Honey Syrup, May contain affiliate links. Can you make this recipe and the use a water bath to seal the jars? [This is similar to the Instant Pot I have. Total Time: 55 minutes Kris, Could this blueberry jam be made with maple syrup rather than honey? Towards the end of the cooking time, use the back of the spoon to gently crush some of the berries. ], Since this is not a recipe for canning blueberry jam, you can be a bit experimental with the flavors. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. I did use the cornstarch and because I also threw in most of the zest from the lemon, I added a tablespoon of honey. Once the jar is opened, store in the fridge. Just make sure to use always sterilized clean jam jars when canning the jam. The blueberry jam without pectin can be prepared easily from scratch with only 2 ingredients. Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker and allow to sit, sealed, for 10 minutes. I’ve seen chia in jams like this, but haven’t tried it. Thanks! Thank you for clear directions! The finished recipe fit into a pint canning jar with the bale and glass lid. Here at Attainable Sustainable, I aim to encourage readers — that’s you! A Publishers Weekly top ten pick from National Geographic Books! Growing Buckwheat: 9 Reasons You Need it in Your Garden, Blueberry Ginger Spiced Nectarines in Light Honey Syrup, 3/4 C granulated organic cane sugar, or 1/2 cup of honey. It should keep in the fridge for 3-4 weeks. This recipe calls for adding cornstarch as a thickener. I just made your jam! — to embrace a more self-reliant lifestyle, one small step at a time. Cook slowly for about 45 minutes and stir sometimes. How to make jam without pectin Blueberries are high in natural pectin, which means you don’t need to add any. It’s terrific! Thank you! When you heat the blueberries and sugar together, natural pectin is released. Add blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice to a medium saucepan. Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Stirring frequently, cook over medium high heat until blueberry mixture comes to a rolling boil. Claudie Evert is passionate about living lightly on the earth. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Learn more about. You can sweeten the jam with either sugar (I prefer organic) or honey. My questions are, can you freeze this and also how long is this good for in the fridge? She digs in the garden, cooks food from scratch, and will -- someday -- master the art of picking out a ripe watermelon. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Ready to switch from store bought to homemade? This easy blueberry jam recipe is a flavorful way to use fresh blueberries while they’re in season.