I’m a huge fan of mint flavor, and adding chocolate just takes it to the next level. Chocolate Mint is my favorite drink combo ever! This is such a great idea! 2 cups powdered sugar. I’ve tried both adding cocoa powder and adding chocolate extract. Do you have an abundance of mint and don’t know what to do with it? There are over 2000 species of mint, but for this recipe you want to use one of the following: This recipe makes a great treat for kids, for parties, as a garnish or just about any time you want a sweet refreshing snack. Keywords: how to make homemade chocolate mint tea, vegan chocolate mint tea, chocolate mint tea, fresh mint tea, Tag @cleaneatingcarrie on Instagram and hashtag it #cleaneatingkitchen, READ NEXT: HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK. With just 3 ingredients and a handful of mint you can make Fresh Mint Candy. Hi there! I use fresh chocolate mint that I grow to make my own tea without having to add anything else! ★☆. My Homestead Life may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Cheers . Butternut squash might be fall's most versatile (and beloved!) Hosting fewer guests this holiday season due to the coronavirus pandemic? I’m such a huge fan of using flavor extracts in cooking. I used my Food Dehydrator on 115° for 2 hours. Then, I was introduced to chocolate extract and realize it was even more perfect than cocoa powder to add to tea. There are many different types of mint, apple mint, spearmint, ginger mint and even a chocolate mint plant. I have seen that type of chocolate mint at the farmers’ market. Your email address will not be published. However, be sure not to keep them in the freezer too long and be careful with leaving them out too long, as they melt pretty easily. The Ultimate Preppers Checklist for Non-Preppers, Fellow Homesteaders Land on National TV by Building Off The Grid, 1/2 Cup of Fresh Mint Leaves- washed and patted dry, Mix egg white ( or corn syrup) and water together. This is such a simple recipe, but I hope you love it as much as I do. Thanks for educating me. All Rights Reserved. Get inspired to make your porch your new favorite living space with these ideas designed to add a refined look to any outdoor space. We are participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. this website. This is so interesting to me. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe When you need a comforting meal but don't have a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes. I strive to be self-sufficient and sharing with others to do the same. Start by carving out a designated work area in your space. I used Rodelle chocolate extract for mine. Beat butter in the bowl of your electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Place the mint in a mug and pour the hot water over it. ★☆ Then it's like an after dinner mint! Homemade Chocolate Mint Tea is a comforting, delicious beverage that is so easy to make with just a few ingredients. We eat ours up before it ever has the chance to get soggy. Still good, but you’ve got to manage your expectations. There are so many delicious ways to use this hard-shell squash, from soups and salads to lasagna and pizza. Frosting Choices A dark chocolate mint frosting was an obvious choice for this cake. Using paintbrush, coat underside of 1 leaf with a thick layer of chocolate. Use your spoon to smash the mint a bit to release the mint flavor. From homemade remedies to livestock care. The mint plant in the photograph is a standard peppermint which I rescued from the front of a ruined cottage at the top of one of our fields. So yummy!!! Just the simple combination of fresh mint and hot water muddled together is so divine! Then try our go-to menu. How To: Grow, Cook & Use Fresh Mint - My Homestead Life. Strain the leaves. 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. But I left the mint leaf on the chocolate. Stir and serve hot. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. I personally prefer peppermint, but either will work. Chocolate Mint; This recipe makes a great treat for kids, for parties, as a garnish or just about any time you want a sweet refreshing snack. Looking forward to trying this out! I’m Amber- wife, mother of three, author, homesteader, DIY-er, teacher, tv talent, blogger, and live off-grid by the Smoky Mountains. Right now I have chocolate extract, vanilla extract, raspberry extract, lemon extract, and cinnamon extract in my pantry just begging me to make something with them. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Use a few drops of stevia to sweeten it to taste. All can be made in 45 minutes or less. I’m on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube! I grow the plant in a large pot right outside my front steps and at the end of the season I dry the leaves to use all winter until it comes back in the spring. I just adore it. 18 Fall Centerpieces That Will Elevate Your Table, The Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner Menu for Your Smaller Celebration, Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners, 16 of Our Best Fall Harvest Decorating Ideas for Your Home, The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year, How to Disinfect Your Kitchen and Your Food During the Coronavirus Outbreak, According to Experts, Your Guide to the Most Popular Fall Perennials, How to Wash Your Hands Properly, According to a Doctor, How to Plan a Beautiful, Meaningful Micro Wedding So That You Can Celebrate Your Postponed Nuptials Right Now, Six Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health While You Work from Home. Your Fresh Mint Candy will last a long time if humidity does not get to it. Explore the best in fall perennials and start planning your autumn garden's layout. I promise! From BBQ chicken to the perfect grilled steak, here you'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to be delicious all summer long. We want you to join our Homesteading Community and be a part of Your journey. This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. I served these at a party last night, and they went over well. I was in a health food restaurant many years ago when I was first served fresh mint tea. I also love making fresh mint teA! Remove your Fresh Mint Candy, let cool and store in airtight container. Martha Stewart is part of the Meredith Home Group. 1-2 tablespoons milk, if needed. Does it matter if you use spearmint or peppermint? You would never guess how delightful it is until you’ve tried it. In a small saucepan, melt the mints over low heat. It is really cold here in Texas so warming up to this make my night complete! Here, get our best grilling recipes for everything from fish and meat to pizza and oysters. Martha Stewart may receive compensation when you click through and purchase from links contained on To make this more like a traditional hot chocolate, replace the water with unsweetened almond milk. I have fresh mint in my herb garden too so this is a great way to use it up! Sounds divine! You likely wash your hands several times a day, but are you doing so effectively? Learn how to sew an easy medical face mask with fabric and cotton ribbon, amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Add a 1/4 teaspoon of chocolate extract or 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder. Chocolate Mint essential oil 3 tablespoons chocolate mint leaves 1 pint warm vegetable oil 1 tablespoon white vinegar Crush the veins of the leaves with a mortar and pestle. Hey, Y’all! Here you will find ways to enjoy your life more by living off the land. The small mint leaves just seem to melt in your mouth, leaving a fresh feeling. There are a few ways to add chocolate flavor to tea. I use fresh chocolate mint that I grow to make my own tea without having to add anything else! © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Gently grasp each leaf with tweezers, and peel from chocolate. Bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly. If you like this post, consider following me on social media so we can stay connected. vegetable. Somehow I think that using fresh mint would be a total game changer! I’m Carrie Forrest, master's of public health in nutrition. Add to the oil and vinegar in a jar. Mint. Nope, you can use either! Chocolate molded into the shape of mint leaves makes a heavenly garnish for our Chocolate-Mint Cupcakes and Chocolate-Mint Torte. If the scent is to your liking, that's it. Learn how to minimize the spread of germs with an extra few seconds of scrubbing. Cover and place in a warm sunny window for one week. 1/2 Cup of Fresh Mint Leaves- washed and patted dry; 1/4 Cup of Fine Sugar Tip: I only had granulated sugar so I put the sugar in my blender until it became a fine powder; ★☆ They’re usually expensive ingredients, but they keep forever in the pantry and can be used in so many things. Your email address will not be published. Fresh Mint Buttercream. In addition to all the wonderful ways you can use fresh mint mentioned above, I have some other articles that include mint. Be inspired here. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped very fine. Directions. Slowly whisk in chocolate milk until well blended; heat but do not boil. Pour into mugs; top with mini marshmallows if desired. It’s been so darned cold this winter (even here in California) that I’m finding myself making tea at least once a day to help warm up. Mint Tip: It’s so incredibly easy to make homemade chocolate mint tea, and it’s tastes a million times better than any bagged chocolate mint tea I’ve tried. Enter to Win $10,000 to Makeover Your Home! I live in California and have been blogging since 2009. I'm a wellness blogger and cookbook author sharing real food recipes and tips. From which platforms to use and the best books to read, bibliophiles share their advice. Look no further, I have the answer you’ve been waiting for! I once tried a bag of chocolate mint tea and loved the idea of it but really didn’t like the flavor. Pour hot water over the mint into the mug. 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, at room temperature. ★☆ Keep everything from your countertops to your dining room chairs germ-free. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Use chocolate leaves to decorate as desired, or store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 2 days.