She is a member of the American Medical Writers Association and the Society for Pediatric Urgent Care. I'm open to foods, herbs, pills, etc. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. A trip to your general practitioner may be in order. Edit: Omg took me almost 1,5 hours to go through your comments and like all of them. For me it has always been nausea and I hate it. ", "This article covered every question about nausea that came to my mind. Benadryl, or ginger root. This will stop the feeling until you get up again. Breathe in slowly through your nose, allowing your chest and lower belly to rise as you fill your lungs. Air conditioning is a god send in hot weather but, due to the fact that the UK sees so little of summer, most houses aren’t fitted with it. ", "I tried the banana and apple sauce. There are a lot of medical reasons nausea happens, from simple to severe. But, I do find lying on my stomach and calm, deep breaths help a decent amount. ", including medication. Did you know you can read expert answers for this article? Play a video game or listen to your favorite album! ", "I am suffering from food poisoning, and this article helped me a lot. Used around 15 seeds I think. Avoid spicy or greasy and processed foods such as chips, fried foods, doughnuts, pizza, etc. To cure nausea, try lying down and applying a cool, damp cloth to your forehead, which can temporarily relieve an upset stomach. Try to drink cold water or use a fan. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Vomiting can drain your body of both liquids and electrolytes such as potassium and sodium. Images and videos are allowed as long as they follow subreddit rules. Sorry for yelling guys, but I'm so happy! ", as concerned about my symptoms as I did previous to reading these signposts. Sip ginger ale. Avoid traveling on a very full or empty stomach. It is important to note that if you are actively vomiting, stick to drinking clear liquids only. Sit with your head laid back and your feet elevated. Please report posts that break rules! If you keep having issues more than a couple of days, it is possible that you may have a gastro-intestinal issue that goes beyond a "stomach bug". It’s currently 5:36 AM and I feel sick to my stomach. If your nausea is a result of chemotherapy, or other medical condition, you may be able to use medical marijuana in some parts of the world. It’s my number one symptom. Sports drinks can be helpful, when modified. However, sports drinks are actually far more concentrated than necessary for dehydration, containing far more sugar than necessary and unhelpful chemicals such as artificial colors-all to market the drink rather than necessarily what is actually best for you. It told me many things I wasn't aware of so it really helped me. Avoid loud noises and harsh light. In some cases, vomiting is caused by a need to remove something toxic from your body. // Leaf Group Lifestyle, The Best Foods to Eat While Nauseated & Pregnant, How to Cope With Nausea & Food Aversions During Pregnancy, How to Take Ginger Pills for Motion Sickness. Then breathe out slowly through your mouth. However, when there's little to no breeze this can feel futile. Repeated or prolonged nausea can be a symptom of a wide range of conditions, from flu and food poisoning to intestinal disorder and tumors. Nausea, alone or accompanied by vomiting, can be miserable and is especially troublesome if you are in pain and need to take pain medication 1. She is a member of the American Medical Writers Association and the Society for Pediatric Urgent Care. ", "This entire article helped me. ", "The help for my nausea was to lie down after a warm bath. Go through the alphabet and name an object for each letter. I get really gassy on LSD, I've come to the conclusion that's it's from eating while tripping.