Hold LB and use the right analog stick to move the in-bounder. So again, get on the 2KU court, practice with your team and learn how each player releases the ball, because although they may have a good three-point shot on paper if your release isn't up to scratch, you will struggle to drain those shots. It is crucial to learn where each player's hot spots are, particularly from three-point range, as they are more likely to be successful when shooting from these areas. I wanted Jordan to guard Kyrie and Pippen to guard LeBron. Press and hold L1. 100% Upvoted. Curry can shoot from pretty much anywhere. See our 2K21 Wiki for FAQs, Locker Codes & more. These are the basic controls that you need to compete in 2K at any level. share. Post not showing up? The Off-Ball Controls are all self-explanatory. Whilst JJ Redick and Bojan Bogdanovic might both be expert three-ball shooters, they both have very different timings when releasing their shot. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Pick a call and then press L1 again before the screener gets hit to have them Slip or Fade early. IGN has the tips, tricks, and strategies you need to succeed in NBA 2K20. share. how do you stop a build that basically has no weakness and can fade from half court? When I play my team my pg switched onto the center for no reason and doesn’t switch off. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Avoid making reposts . Press LT and RT, then press and hold the teammates' action button to have them set a screen. Each player has their own 'hot zones' based on how they perform in real life. Press J to jump to the feed. For example, I was playing 1996 Bulls vs current Cavs today. Brookyln's Kyrie Irving has some of the best handles in the game. Use the megathreads/sticky posts when available Learning players' hot spots will help massively. 2 comments. So this is something you need to remember when you're on the court. Questions? you can take the pg and flick the right stick at who you want him to switch on to. Rotate right analog stick clockwise then quickly release when dribbling with right hand. For example Carmelo Anthony has one of the fastest release in the game, whilst Dirk Nowitzki has a very slow release, so you will need to spend some time on the practice court figuring out which players work best for you. The final thing you need to do is just be realistic. Suggestions? Each player has their own different timing. Defense in 2k20?? Shooting a three on 2K20 isn't as easy as it may seem, there's a whole range of factors which come into play for those daring enough to take the tricky shot on, here's our guide to teach you how to shoot the perfect three. Dribbling isn't as simple as just taking the ball up the court. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. These are the absolute basics that any 2K player needs to know in order to play the game at any level. Now, this may seem simple, but you will not be able to shoot a three with every player on the court. Subreddit Info & Wiki. Press J to jump to the feed. Press L1, then press the action button of desired defender, Press the left arrow and select Man to Man, RB and move right analog stick up then quickly release, R2 and move right analog stick up then quickly release, Move R right then quickly release when dribbling with right-hand. Whilst a basic flat pass may work for short passes from man to man, if you can throw an overhead or a bounce pass from time to time, it will make your play far less predictable and therefore much more difficult for your opponent to defend against you. There have been a few changes from last year, but we have what you need to rain down points and win games in NBA 2K20. But to get started, you need to know the controls. 1. Move right analog stick left then quickly release when dribbling with right hand. 2K20 Wishlists Sent to 2K. How exactly do you guard that? See our 2K21 Wiki for FAQs, Locker Codes & more. That's what you need to survive on the court, but to thrive there is plenty more to learn. This will bring up a list of potential plays that you can select. Suggestions? ADVERTISEMENT: Check out r/MyTEAM, a brand new community in our family! Although basic, if you use them well, they are some of the most important controls you'll need when competing across every game mode. I'll inform our PG. Rotate right analog stick clockwise then quickly release when dribbling with right hand. Let us know in modmail. Follow post title guidelines . MyTEAM. When I play my team my pg switched onto the center for no reason and doesn’t switch off. NBA 2K20 Wiki. Use R1 to choose Roll or Fade. You mean L1 right? Pick a call and then press LT again before the screener gets hit to have them Slip or Fade early. How do I switch him back? Message the Mods. Discussion . Being able to steal consistently is vital, but it is also the control that will give away the most fouls. RB and move right analog stick down then quickly release when driving. In comparison, Lou Williams of the LA Clippers, whilst he still has a solid B+ ranking from deep, only has two Hot Zones, so you will have to be more selective when you shoot three's with the veteran shooting guard. There is a whole lot more that you need to know if you are going to be able to outwit your opponent and grab that W. Playcalling in offense will help you pick up points. New Orlean's JJ Redick is one of 7 A+ shooters from three-point range. Here is the list of those all-important dribble moves you need to know. Questions? Follow reddiquette . The advance defense controls are difficult to grasp and will take some time to master. So if all pgs are getting hof difficult shots, range, quick first step, handles for days and quick draw . When it comes to attacking, simple passing and shooting doesn't always work. it’s kinda inconsistent but it’s the only way i’ve been able to do it in the middle of the play. Community Rules. We are the biggest community for anything and everything related to the NBA 2K series. Arguably more important than offense, it is crucial to learn the defense controls like the back of your hand to stop your opposition from picking up easy baskets. Regarding shooting, it is all about timing. Close. Steph Curry may have hot zones from every position around the arc, but that doesn't mean he will make every shot, especially if he is heavily contested or rushed into his shot. their respective owners. Players all over the world are getting their hands on the title and looking to get stuck into all the new features in the game before the NBA season starts. Trademarks and brands are the property of Posted by. Rotate right analog stick in a quarter-circle from right to up then quickly release when dribbling with right hand. Hoops season is so close you can almost taste it, but if you can't wait for the NBA to get back on the court you can take it over yourself NBA 2K20. When playing on higher difficulties or online, your opposition will undoubtedly look to double up on those better three-point shooters, so you will have to be very selective in when you shoot the ball and when you don't. R2 and move right analog stick then quickly release when dribbling with right hand. Shooting an open three with a B shooter will prove far more beneficial than shooting heavily contested with an A, so know all your players and choose wisely. R2 and move right analog stick down then quickly release when driving. this free badges for all system could be game breaking in regards to guard on guard defense. You can change who is guarding who there. There's no better feeling than hitting that buzzer-beater from deep to win the game, it's something which we all love, but how many of us have the know-how to pull it off? Again, the higher the player's rating from deep, the more hot spots they will have. Like in previous editions of NBA 2K, the trick is ensuring that you time when to press your buttons and which direction to hold your joystick in order to make the right pass or bucket. With a host of new features, the only sure-fire way to crush your opponents is to have total mastery of the controls. RB and move right analog stick then quickly release when dribbling with right hand. Do not only self-promote . For more details see the dedicated Rules page. How to switch defensive matchups on the fly. Each player in the game has their three-point ability graded, from the A+ shooters, the likes of Golden State's Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, all the way down to the F grade shooters, the likes of Philadelphia's Ben Simmons, who is yet to hit a 3 in his NBA career. If the opposition's defense is consistently leaving your man open from deep, there's probably a good reason for this and that reason is probably their inability to shoot the three-ball. Thank you! Raining down threes at will is one of the best ways to dominate any basketball game and demoralize an opponent, both in 2K or in real life. Look at Golden State's Steph Curry, arguably the best three-point shooter to ever grace an NBA court, he has Hot Zones all over the court. report. Press LT, then press the action button of desired defender. Being able to use a range of different passing styles is crucial. hide. In the menu during the paused game, there is a section called "Matchups". © 2020 Gfinity. Your best bet with Lou is shooting from the corners. The best way to do this is to hit the court on 2KU and start experimenting with your favorite teams and players. Press and hold X when near the ball handler, Press and hold ▢ when near the ball handler, Press LT, then press the desired double teamers action button, Press L1, then press the desired double teamers action button, Press the view button to commit a Team Intentional Foul, Press the touchpad to to commit a Team Intentional Foul. NBA 2K20: Complete controls guide (offense, defense, shooting, dribbling, stealing) for PS4 and Xbox One Before you can dominate an opponent you … Another key element to learning how to shoot the perfect three is knowing the hot zones of your players. Use L3 to choose the pick side, Press and hold LT. Use RT to choose Roll or Fade, Press and hold L1. Why do my matchups on defense keep changing automatically? Learn how to maintain a suffocating defense in 2K20 with these top tips. Press L1 and R1, then press and hold the teammates' action button to have them set a screen. How to Call Plays in NBA 2K20 (Offensive & Defensive) First off, press L1 (PS4), LB (Xbox One) or L (Switch). MyTEAM. save. Also, if you don't want those matchups to be changed on their own, go in the coaching settings and set the "AI coach defensive adjustements" ( or whatever is called, you can't miss it) to "off" I Hate Mondays Posts: 2837 Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:41 pm Location: Romania. Learn how to maintain a suffocating defense in 2K20 with these top tips. How do I switch him back? Press LT and RT then select the teammates' action button, Press L1 and R1 then select the teammates' action button, Press the left arrow and select 2K Smart Play, Press the left arrow and choose desired Dynamic Quick Play, Press and hold LT to have a teammate set a pick, Press and hold L1 to have a teammate set a pick.