Cinnamon as a healer has been around for many hundreds of years. This comes from cinnamaldehyde, and knowledge of this has been meticulously scientifically researched. Since cinnamon also performs cellular level activity, it is also classified as an anti-inflammatory food, since it stops the release of some inflammatory fatty acids, like arachidonic acid. As we discussed, even cinnamon sticks are easy to identify in the market, ceylon cinnamon powder is a bit hard to recognize without smell, when you select products from the supermarket or any other places, make sure with the supplier about the content of the product. Real ceylon cinnamon, I would highly recommend.. Sound too good to be true? The Washington Post: You Can Spend a lot on ‘True’ Cinnamon, But Does it Taste Better Than the Rest? Paleo Diet Recipes, Information, and Tips. (9), One of the biggest benefits of consuming cinnamon is its ability to help regulate blood sugar. The benefits of cinnamon may be even greater – we simply do not have all the answers yet. Another difference besides of coumarin is the flavor Ceylon cinnamon has a noticeable milder flavor. This includes, but is not limited to: antimicrobial and antiparasitic activity, lowering of blood glucose, antioxidant and free-radical scavenging properties, inhibition of tau aggregation and filament formation (hallmarks of Alzheimer’s disease), anti-inflammatory activity, and wound healing properties. I got a very pleasant surprise for my blood pressure… Thank you. | Privacy and Cookies Policy | Return Policy. (18) Large amounts of coumarin, especially prolonged daily use, could potentially cause health problems (e.g., liver damage). Packaging and quality of the cinnamon was really good and the best part they provide a letter from their Government also regarding the quality and authenticity of ceylon cinnamon. It's about time we caught up, don't you think? Low amount of coumarin(0.004%, It is 250 times less than Cassia), This recommended for regular use. Cassia tends to be a dark brown-red color with thicker sticks and a rougher texture than Ceylon cinnamon. They did came in very good quality. The ancient Egyptians used it as a medicine, a spice, and as an embalming agent. Required fields are marked *. Christabel Lobo is a freelance writer focusing on all-things food, travel, and wellness. [/tweet_quote], The cinnamon commonly found in most supermarkets is likely the cassia variety. Ceylon cinnamon has a fresh, Exotic Aroma. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. (15). When we look at ceylon cinnamon sticks, It is not a big deal to identify real ceylon cinnamon, because there are major physical differences between these two types of cinnamon sticks. Watch out pumpkin, there’s a new and perhaps more beneficial spice in town this holiday season: cinnamon. If I’m going to choose a spice to maximize my health, I want to make sure I’m getting the full benefit – and you should too. This is where the two main differences of cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon—cost and coumarin—come into play. When it comes to colour, Ceylon Cinnamon is tan brown whereas Cassia Cinnamon takes some reddish dark brown. Scientific studies where cinnamon has been used to regulate blood pressure in prediabetic and diabetic patients, manage rheumatoid arthritis, and inhibit the process of arteriosclerosis of blood vessels have all resulted in favorable outcomes due to its anti-coagulant, anti-oxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. The Difference Between Yellow, Brown & Dijon Mustard. Happy to say I just enjoyed a very healthy breakfast covered in Golden Cinnamon. It definitely has been for me. And, for good reason—this aromatic spice has been the go-to remedy for centuries, curing everything from indigestion to the common cold. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. [tweet_quote] Ancient Egyptians used cinnamon as both a medicine and embalming agent. Cinnamon was so valued that it was considered more precious than gold at the time. Cinnamon’s value increased; although the actual source of cinnamon was widely unknown to many, it was used a great deal for its delicious taste and healing properties. Continuously When you consume cassia cinnamon for many years, It negatively affects your liver and kidney. 2) There Are Important Differences Between Ceylon and Cassia. Produced from the bark of the Cinnamomum genus of evergreen trees, cinnamon has a wide range of uses, from everyday cooking with cinnamon powder (like these cinnamon-chili sweet potatoes) to its importance in both ayurvedic and Chinese medicinal remedies. (3), Want to train your brain to be happier and healthier? if(typeof(dataLayer) === 'object'){ Very Tough, Very hard to grind for cinnamon powder using an electric home grinder. In most circles, the cassia variety is referred to as “fake” cinnamon, and Ceylon is referred to as “true” cinnamon. Excellent product and excellent customer care. Ceylon cinnamon is the healthiest one when we compare with other types of cinnamon; The main thing is the lower coumarin percentage. As a result, it became one of the most popular goods traded in many cultures, all the way up to the 1700s. I just received my order and will start using my cinnamon powder soon The service was great It took a little while to get my product but the company kept me posted and updated on the status of my order which was very reassuring. This amazing research found that multiple parts of the brain were enhanced, resulting in an overall better memory. And, Very reliable stuff, On any questions, thank you for quick response and services. If you have a coupon code, please apply it below. Cassia Cinnamon tastes stronger and hotter while Ceylon Cinnamon is full of lighter, brighter citreous tones. Each stick is the same length as the website described. Gayan at Golden Cinnamon has been great at emailing me and calling me frequently to keep me informed of the shipment status. Most cinnamon sold in the supermarket is the Chinese or Cassia variety. I will Highly recommend it to all who will be wiling to order internationally. Blood platelets can clump together beneficially when circumstances warrant it – like when you accidentally cut your skin open, blood platelets clump together to stop the bleeding and create a scab. It took a while for me to get the shipment but it is worth the wait. The main differences between the two really just boil down to the two C’s: cost and coumarin. With over 250 species of cinnamon grown in tropical climates around Asia, Australia, and many of the islands in the Pacific Ocean, it’s safe to say that we won’t be running out of it anytime time soon. There are three elements in the essential oils of cinnamon, which make it a powerful spice. Even in those who take in a lot of sugar (what we would refer to as a “high-fructose diet”), cinnamon still makes a difference. But before we get to the difference between the two, we need to discuss the benefits of using cinnamon in the first place. Be it diabetes, heart disease, mental deterioration, and many more disabilities, it's a bit of a miracle worker. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. 17 Creative Ways to Recycle Used Coffee Grounds. But the differences don’t end there. If you have already used cassia cinnamon, then it is very easy to identify the real ceylon cinnamon brand due to the pleasant fragrance. He is also an advisor for Kettle and Fire and runs his own nutrition and fitness consulting company, Eat Clean, Train Clean®. (16) Coumarin is a flavoring substance, and it can be toxic. As far as the texture or the feel is concerned, Ceylon Cinnamon is thin and papery and forms multiple layers when rolled up. (1) (2) However, there are different types of cinnamon – and they are not all created equally. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website.