There are various ways to tie nylon strings on a guitar but if you are a beginner just choose one and go for it as they all work just fine. Classical guitars need to have their strings changed regularly to get the best projection, tone, and playability. FYI, I really don’t think you need to do an extra knot on the treble strings except maybe the 1st string. If one end of the classical guitar string has less string winds, you’ll want to use that side of the string for the tuning post. From the underside of the roller, bring the string through the hole. Support the site. How to Change Strings on a Classical or Nylon String Guitar The treble strings are a clear nylon composite material. The website, newsletter, and lessons are available to everyone for free. Here is a video by the great Matthew Hinsley via Guitar Curriculum on their Youtube. Here’s a video on how to put strings on a classical guitar by our friends over at the high quality site: Classical Guitar Corner. To minimise the wrap, pull all the string through, seating the string in the nut slot as you do so. The first thing you do when you tie the strings of your classical guitar, you need to keep the guitar’s head on your knees. Learn more about our Terms, Conditions, Cookies, & Privacy Policy. Classical guitar strings  require that you tie a self-fastening knot of sorts. Insert the classical guitar string through the bridge. Learn about our Privacy, Terms, Cookies, and Security, Lesson: Slurs in Groups of Six and Rhythmic Accents, Lesson: Practicing Technique Through Your Repertoire, Bach Cello Suite No.1, BWV 1007 (Lesson, PDFs), Andrea De Vitis Plays Into the Rose-Garden by Gilardino, Asturias - Leyenda by Albéniz for Guitar (PDF, Lesson), First time here? FYI, I really don’t think you need to do an extra knot on the treble strings except maybe the 1st string. Of course, you’ll also need strings. – Bradford Werner. Some high tension strings it might be necessary for string 1 and 2. Drape the string over the roller. How to tie classical guitar strings on a 12 hole bridge via Erez Perelman. How to tie classical guitar strings on a 12 hole bridge via Erez Perelman. 19 by Antonio Jiménez Manjón, Reginald Mobley and Stephen Stubbs Perform Purcell, Terms, Conditions, Cookies, & Privacy Policy. Classical and flamenco guitars have six strings, the three bass strings look like wound metal, they have a nylon core and a thin copper wire wrapped around the outside. Leave yourself about 2 inches of extra … Get the most from the site, Bach for Classical Guitar - Free Sheet Music PDFs, Oman Kaminsky Plays l’immortelle by Gaultier, JiJi Plays Occhi Io Vissi Di Voi by Sessa, Anton Baranov Plays Suite Contatos by Bellinati, Sanel Redzic Plays Aire Vasco, op. Pull both ends tight and you will end up with this: Repeat for the B string. Here’s a few videos on how to restring nylon guitar guitars with a basic 6-hole bridge. It should be on the left side. You’ll need some nail clippers or wire cutters to clip the string ends. You're reading one of the most popular independent classical guitar publications online. How to Restring a Classical Guitar | with D'Addario - YouTube Many guitarists believe that the more windings there are on the roller, the more the string misbehaves when there are changes in temperature. If you value the website, newsletter, free lessons, or sheet music, please consider offering your support to keep its future sustainable and secure. The tension used for steel-string guitars is much higher and can damage your classical guitar. © 2019 Bradford Werner, thisisclassicalguitar.com, wernerguitareditions.com, primoguitar.com. These days there are two types of tie blocks (on the bridge), a six-hole bridge and a twelve-hole bridge, we’ll look at both. A guide to changing or replacing the strings on your classical or nylon string acoustic guitar. Some high tension strings it might be necessary for string 1 and 2. Subscribe & Follow Take the string and go over and under again 2 more times to finish off the knot. Here’s a picture of my tieblock on my Douglas Scott 12 hole bridge. Make sure you use nylon classical guitar strings, not steel strings. Slide the string through the side closest to the soundhole and exit towards the lower bout. It is important to thread the strings from left to … Also remember that nylon classical guitar strings do not have ball-ends, that is, balls attachments on the end of the strings. But it’s difficult and expensive work. That said, you can air on the safe side if you want. Also follow on Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | Patreon. I’d recommend D’Addario Pro Arte normal tension strings as a basic choice for beginners (or hard tension for intermediates) but you can see my review of classical guitar strings to see what I prefer. Check out these cool gifs from this great article on Sweetwater. That said, you can air on the safe side if you want. Here’s how to restring a classical guitar from Cordoba Guitars, I like the big demo with wood and rope. Ever. Be sure that the side you’re tying has windings that extend all the way to the end of the string. Do not use an electric tuning drill, never even bring a drill into the same room as your guitar. Also follow on Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | Patreon. The Email Newsletter is the best way to subscribe to the site. How to tie guitar strings via String by Mail. Here’s a picture of my tieblock on my Douglas Scott 12 hole bridge. This is probably the best video in terms of comprehension. Corporations and social media have caused falling revenues across the web making it increasingly challenging for independent publishers. Make sure the tail end of the string is resting down and against the back of the bridge. The Email Newsletter is the best way to subscribe to our videos, lessons, and sheet music. Brought to you by Bradford Werner, British Columbia, Canada.