I Am Malala: How One Girl Stood Up for Education and Changed the World (Young Readers Edition), Code Girls: The Untold Story of the American Women Code Breakers of World War II, We Are Displaced: My Journey and Stories from Refugee Girls Around the World, Reviewed in the United States on April 3, 2016. [Listen][Download] Cress Audiobook – (The Lunar... [Download][Listen] Keeper of the Lost Cities Audiobook... [Listen][Download] What Every BODY is Saying Audiobook... [Listen][Download] The Count of Monte Cristo Audiobook... [Listen][Download] So You Want to Talk About Race... [Listen][Download] Shadow And Bone Audiobook (Grisha... [Listen][Download] Cress Audiobook – (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) By Marissa Meyer, [Download][Listen] Keeper of the Lost Cities Audiobook – (Book #1), [Listen][Download] What Every BODY is Saying Audiobook – By Joe Navarro, [Listen][Download] The Count of Monte Cristo Audiobook – By Alexandre Dumas, [Listen][Download] So You Want to Talk About Race Audiobook. I Am Malala Audible Audiobook – Unabridged Malala Yousafzai (Author, Narrator), Archie Panjabi (Narrator), Orion Publishing Group (Publisher) & 0 more 4.6 out of 5 stars 4,634 ratings An additional theme is sex roles in Pakistan. She used to speak against a very powerful group known as the Taliban, so they start to target her and her father Ziauddin Yousafzai. on 12 November, 2020. This is an excerpt from the prologue read by author Malala Yousafzai. 'I come from a country that was created at midnight. Malala Yousafzai in this book (I Am Malala Audiobook) stands up for the girls’ rights to be able to go to school. A loyalty program that rewards you for your love of reading. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Narrated by Neela Vaswani. I am Malala will make you believe in the power of one person's voice to inspire change in the world. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time. Looks like you're in United States. ©2013 Malala Yousafzai (P)2013 Hachette Audio. This book left a very strong impression on me, especially in the wake of the scandal with representatives from prestigious American universities that take bribes from privileged US families to get their kids into schools. Women, girls, as well as young boys will enjoy reading this publication. I’m additionally encouraged and also is influenced to much better my education and learning and continue pushing myself also when it is hard. This book was eye opening and amazing to read. Instead, Malala's miraculous recovery has taken her on an extraordinary journey from a remote valley in northern Pakistan to the halls of the United Nations in New York. This book was one of a few autobiographical books I read last year, really in a phase of doing so. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Malala deserves the utmost respect for the way she has overcome her problems; she is a shining example to people everywhere. Narrated by Archie Panjabi. http://free.audiobookslab.com/audio/i-am-malala-part1.mp3, http://free.audiobookslab.com/audio/i-am-malala-part2.mp3. That’s something to be claimed of all faiths. Genre audiobooks Comment by anood Abdullah. I AM MALALA will make you believe in the power of one person's voice to inspire change in the world. Interspersed with this is some quite detailed information about the political situation in Pakistan, which wasn't very interesting and seemed strange when written in the tone of a teenage girl who can have had no real knowledge of any of this. I Am Malala. CD: It’s frightening what happens when the ignorant entered power and turn a holy book to their desires. The title should be at least 4 characters long. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? She likewise provided a short however necessary background of the society and of her moms and dads which all had actually influenced her and the person she became today. http://www.amazon.com/Am-Malala-Stood-Education-Taliban/dp/147897978X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381235394&sr=8-1&keywords=i+am+malala+audiobook Definitely a must read. Archie Panjabi reads the rest of I AM MALALA, following the prologue. Instead, Malala's miraculous recovery has taken her on an extraordinary journey from a remote valley in northern Pakistan to the halls of the United Nations in New York. Her parents had a significant impact on her and her leadership as of today. She was shot in the head at point-blank range while riding the bus home from school, and few expected her to survive. Guide likewise had her moms and dads perspective on the circumstance in which they underwent. Malala Yousafzai (Author), Christina Lamb - contributor (Author), Archie Panjabi (Narrator), Hachette Audio (Publisher) & 1 more. Loved this book. At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information. The book completely spoke about her experience in Pakistan and her job. Excellent, educational, informative ! She is the youngest Nobel Prize laureate and Pakistani activist for female education. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. She also describes the War in North-West Pakistan. The second part entitled The Valley of Death, this part describes the rise of the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan in 2006. This book is an autobiography of Malala Yousafzai. You submitted the following rating and review. These individuals are examining their divine text, yet aren’t comprehending words. © Copyright 2011 - 2020 RB Audiobooks USA LLC. Since she is a young woman as well as fight for her legal rights to be educated, she is slowly altering the society and their sight on gender roles. I AM MALALA is the remarkable tale of a family uprooted by global terrorism, of the fight for girls' education, of a father who, himself a school owner, championed and encouraged his daughter to write and attend school, and of brave parents who have a fierce love for their daughter in a society that prizes sons. Unable to add item to List. Can't wait to see where Malala goes from here. I thought the topic of the book was intriguing since I live in the U.S. and don't know much about Pakistan or its inhabitants. In it she mentions the Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho. Listen to your audiobook on Apple (iOS) or Android phones and tablets. Additionally, I intend to raise him to understand that there is no sort of individual much better than one more – individuals of all races, religions, sexes, etc. Malala values education as well as institution not only for herself however all the ladies and children. Nam interdum justo eget nisi pulvinar et condimentum orci bibendum. You can remove the unavailable item(s) now or we'll automatically remove it at Checkout. Customized Audio Player, Which Speed Control Options. While it was good to have the background and the events that led up to Malala being shot, I think it was a bit too drawn out. I AM MALALA is the remarkable tale of a family uprooted by global terrorism, of the fight for girls' education, of a father who, himself a school owner, championed and encouraged his daughter to write and attend school, and of brave parents who have a fierce love for their daughter in a society that prizes sons. She’s very courageous as a national leader. At sixteen, she has become a global symbol of peaceful protest and the youngest nominee ever for the Nobel Peace Prize. She was shot in the head at point-blank range while riding the bus home from school, and few expected her to survive. I Am Malala Audible Audiobook – Unabridged Malala Yousafzai (Author, Narrator), Archie Panjabi (Narrator), Orion Publishing Group (Publisher) & 0 more 4.6 out of 5 stars 5,490 ratings As seen on Netflix with David Letterman I learnt more about Pakistan and Afghanistan, more about the Taliban, more about Islam and Muslim religion, more about the life for people in those countries and the history of the people that live or lived there. So, the audio version is definitely worth listening to. I AM MALALA is the remarkable tale of a family uprooted by global terrorism, of the fight for girls' education, of a father who, himself a school owner, championed and encouraged his daughter to write and attend school, and of brave parents who have a fierce love for their daughter in a society that prizes sons. Audie Award Finalist, Biography/Memoir, 2014. At sixteen, she became a global symbol of peaceful protest and the youngest nominee ever for the Nobel Peace Prize. The review must be at least 50 characters long. The final part is entitled The Second Life. The bestselling memoir by Nobel Peace Prize winner Your display name should be at least 2 characters long. Get 1 credit every month to exchange for an audiobook of your choice, The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban. When the Taliban took control of the Swat Valley in Pakistan, one girl spoke out. Would you like us to take another look at this review? Try an audiobook of your choice. She was shot in the head at point-blank range while riding the bus home from school, and few expected her to survive. It’s rather emotional, hearing about how numerous children in Pakistan are unable to be educated because their bad and/or female.