Track down people doing interesting jobs and ask them what they enjoy about the roles, how they got into this line of work, and who else you should be talking to. When Should You Accept a Job You Don't Really Want? In your Job Happiness Plan, the first section should be about your work relationships. You don't need to love your job, but it shouldn't … You don't need to love your job, but it shouldn't make you miserable on a regular basis. This sentence is original and was not derived from translation. Bring in flowers. Ask for a nicer chair. The process is still unfolding. Many people are afraid of conflict, especially in a work setting when it feels like conflict can impact your professional future and financial security. Failing to address your satisfaction in one area can cause a self-perpetuating spiral; dissatisfaction at home leads to dissatisfaction at work, which leads to even more stress at home, and so on. All Rights Reserved. You can contact him on LinkedIn or Twitter. Take a look at yourself, your skills, and interests, and find something that you can enjoy doing every day. The question is – Is this you? If creating any happiness at work feels impossible, you may be stuck in a toxic work culture or a job that simply cannot be a good fit for you. added by CK, July 1, 2013 #4146208. linked by Guybrush88, May 4, 2015 #4146209. linked by Guybrush88, May 4, 2015 #4146210. linked by Guybrush88, May 4, 2015 #4146211. linked by Guybrush88, May 4, 2015 #4146212. linked by Guybrush88, May 4, 2015 If you aren't receiving regular feedback from your supervisor, start being proactive about requesting it. The survey found 10 major factors to be the most important contributors to job satisfaction. My partner works evenings, and if I could regularly work an evening shift as well, this would allow us to spend more time together. Whereas,, on the other hand," if you could", shows a complete course of action that has already occured in the past. Wall, chevron_right This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. This will lead to more positive reinforcement that increases your sense of happiness at work. Participating in a toxic work environment will increase your unhappiness, no matter how much you enjoy your job. Develop a plan and goals for your career, then pursue them. I’ll go through each factor and then a specific action step you can do to tackle it. Specifically, they found that workers with an active sex life reported higher levels of engagement and satisfaction than those with strained relationships or other stressors at home. I wish we could change your corporate culture in one step, but that’s impossible.