This fall we added another tasty, tea-based latte to the Dunkin’ menu for guests to enjoy alongside our Matcha Lattes: our new Chai Latte! Dunkin’ will unveil a new latte next week that’s tinted bright green, thanks to a trendy health ingredient: matcha. I immediately whipped my head around and yelled “Does Dunkin’ sell matcha now?” I was too far away to tell, but about a week later I saw on Instagram that they were, in fact, putting three types of matcha lattes on the menu. “As compared to traditional green tea, where the tea leaves are steeped or brewed, Matcha is made by stone grinding young green tea leaf buds into a fine powder,” explains Dunkin’s press release on the new product. It was a watered down version of Starbuck's Matcha Green Tea Creme Frappuccino. And the 16 ounce frozen version clocks in at a whopping 54 grams. The rest of the drink just tasted like a slightly thicker iced matcha latte. Guests can customize the drink with their milk of choice, but the matcha powder’s sweetness can’t be adjusted, Dunkin’ confirmed. THIS WAS DISGUSTING! It wasn’t the best matcha latte out there, but I enjoyed it enough and prefer it over the hot matcha. Matcha lattes and protein muffins will drop on Wednesday, February 26. 4. Elite Daily reports that a small hot matcha costs $3.19, a small iced is $3.69, and a small frozen will run you $3.29. If you're a scraper, please click the link below :-) Dunkin’ will unveil a new latte next week that’s tinted bright green, thanks to a trendy health ingredient: matcha. Yum! Ask the Expert: Should I Be Taking a Probiotics Supplement? But I’ve finally tried all three types of matcha from Dunkin’ Donuts and can review them now. But what the powder is best known for is its antioxidants— it allegedly contains 60 times the amount found in spinach, and 17 times the amount found in blueberries. While matcha lattes can be a healthy, alternative source of caffeine, Dunkin’s 12 ounce version of the hot drink contains 21 grams of sugar. I expected it to be very watery, but it wasn’t at all until the very bottom where most of the frozen part was. While there’s no lack of sugary coffee concoctions currently on the menu, spotting the traditional Japanese beverage—with a wellness-forward reputation, no less—is a welcome sight. Are you ready for a stop at Dunkin’ today? Overall, the matcha lattes at Dunkin’ Donuts pretty much met my expectations—some were good but not outstanding, others I wouldn’t order again. Usually I find that matcha lattes are either sweet OR grassy, not both. The new drink was first tested out in markets in Arizona and Massachusetts last year, and quickly became a menu favorite. The trick to making a good matcha latte is a good quality matcha powder. The new drink is part of a broader trend at the coffee and donut chain, which has been offering healthier options alongside its traditional glazed selection. Ask The Expert: I Hate Cardio. On the other hand, the grassy green tea flavor comes out a little bit more with oatmilk, but not in a way that is overwhelming like in the hot matcha. Available hot or iced, the Chai Latte features a sweetened chai tea blend with spices including cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg, combined with your choice of milk. In addition to this new menu item, Dunkin’ is also rolling out a new muffin flavor this week. That’s a lot of sugar. What Can I Do Instead? It also makes it my least favorite way to order matcha at Dunkin’ Donuts. That means your new morning pick-me-up of choice can translate to the hot weather months around the corner. The Tragic Story of Conjoined Twins Abby and Brittany, This search result is here to prevent scraping, Women, Weed, and Sex: What You Need to Know, The U.S. You might even luck out and get to purchase some cookies right at your very own Dunkin’, as the brand is welcoming many Girl Scout troops to set up cookie booths in their stores. Due to this strong flavor, I wouldn’t recommend Dunkin’s hot matcha latte to matcha newbies. It was somehow very strong in both grassiness and sweetness. The latte was still a little sweet due to that fact that there is sugar in Dunkin’s matcha mix, but it was less sweet than the almond milk latte. The company will also introduce a new protein muffin next week for a limited time in participating locations. tea, flavor shot, black tea, iced tea, green tea, Dunkin Donuts, Dunkin, chai, chai latte. I was in the car with my mom, and as she drove passed the local Dunkin’ Donuts, I noticed a green sign on the window. 5. A few months ago (pre-pandemic), I was home from school one weekend for my younger brother’s birthday. I have ordered Dunkin’s iced matcha latte two ways with very different results. Read more like it here: Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. I doubt it has real matcha in it – probably just an extract or more likely an artificial flavouring that has nothing to do with matcha. Matcha gained popularity in American wellness circles in the early 2010s, when it started tinting everything from granola to ice cream its signature vibrant green hue. Eight Ways to Prevent Breakouts From Wearing a Mask All the Time. Sign-up to get a daily batch of tips, tricks, and smiles to, Chocolate Spice Banana Bread Is A New Version To Bake For Fall, Buy Harry Potter Butterbeer-Flavored Peanut Butter, Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls Will Warm You Up On Chilly Fall Mornings, Tune Into A Virtual Dolly Parton Christmas Concert To Get Into The Holiday Spirit, Alex Trebek Recorded Enough New ‘Jeopardy!’ Episodes To Run Through Christmas Day, US Naval Academy Appointed Its First Black Female Brigade Commander. Or, try their delicious new Pink Velvet Macchiato, which combines Dunkin’s espresso with red velvet cake flavor, and is then topped with whipped cream, mocha drizzle and hot chocolate powder. According to a press release, the matcha latte blends a simple mix of matcha powder, your milk of choice, and cane sugar. The sweetness usually dilutes the green tea flavor, but it doesn’t in this case. Like this article? If you're a human and see this, please ignore it. Surgeon General Got Married This Weekend. The matcha latte was first introduced at Dunkin’ locations in Springfield last year, and quickly became a fan favorite. Ask the Expert: How Do I Start Cross-Training? “Dunkin’s Matcha Lattes feature high-quality Matcha green tea powder, produced in the Nishio region of Aichi prefecture, Japan, where the finest Matcha has been grown for more than 800 years.”. For curious customers game to give the green drink a shot, Dunkin’ locations will offer free samples on March 13 and 14 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., or until supplies last. While the science isn’t conclusive yet, a range of health benefits have been linked to drinking matcha, including an increased metabolism, lower cholesterol, and boosted energy.