Elvis Presley's songs are unforgettable - they have stood the test of time, especially his singles of the 1950s, a decade in which he had a song at No. We're lost in a cloud, with too much of rain These feelings led Elvis to give one of the most passionate performances of his career. Where all my brothers walk hand in hand We're trapped in a world that's troubled with pain We're trapped in a world, that's troubled with pain Come true right now, let it come true right now oh yeah. Did the "Crüecifixion" really happen? Fifty years ago Elvis Presley sang a tribute to Martin Luther King, Jr: "If I Can Dream." There must be peace and understanding sometime Whoa, oh, I can dream Yes, I can dream Whoa, oh I don't understand it I can't keep my mind off loving you (Not even for a minute) Ooo, now baby, I'm caught up In the magic I see in you There's one thing to do I can dream about you If I can't hold you tonight I can dream about you You know how to hold me just right Whoa, oh I can dream about you Es muss Vögel geben, die in einem blaueren Himmel höher fliegen. Oh, why. Vietnam was a big part of the 60s and 70s. Lyrics to 'If I Can Dream' by Elvis Presley: There must be lights burning brighter somewhere Got to be birds flying higher in a sky more blue If I can dream of a better land Where all my brothers walk hand in hand Tell me why, oh why, oh why And while I can think, while I can talk And while I can think, while I can talk Tell me why, oh why, oh why can't my dream come true. The single spent 13 weeks on the U.S. pop chart peaking at #12. Guitar Man (Part 2 - Fast) (Escape Section 1) ____-08 I too can dream. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs, There must be lights burning brighter somewhere, More songs that became hits when they were re-released, More songs inspired by Martin Luther King, The Magic of Christmas Day (God Bless Us Everyone), Director Paul Rachman on "Hunger Strike," "Man in the Box," Kiss, Jack Blades of Night Ranger and Damn Yankees. Memories (Track) ____-04 It is now a Gold Record single. If I can dream of a better land Tell me why, oh, why, oh, why can't my dream come true? There must be peace and understanding sometime A Little Less Conversation (Track) ____-NA, June 24, 1968 Western Recorders - Burbank, California, Memories (Vocal Overdub) WPA1 8044-NA Trouble (Opening) / WPA1 8030-21 There must be lights burning brighter somewhere. 1 albums ('56-'59). Dort draußen in der Dunkelheit, da ist eine brennende Kerze. + Plus Bonus DVD Audio. Hier und jetzt, lass meinen Traum Wahrheit werden. Still I am sure that the answer, answer's gonna come somehow Während ich stehen kann, während ich laufen kann. In the U.K., it was on the chart for 10 weeks, peaking at #11. Still I am sure that the answer "alien" is wrong. Oh, why? Where all my brothers walk hand in hand It was Elvis' reaction to the news of Kennedy's assassination that lead to the creation of the song 'If I Can Dream', a tribute song to King, featuring direct quotes from the Civil Rights leader. Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child / Where Could I Go But to The Lord / Up Above My Head - Intro (Gospel Sect. Up Above My Head / I Found That Light / Saved - Intro (Gospel Section 2) ____-11, June 22, 1968 Western Recorders - Burbank, California, Up Above My Head / I Found That Light / Saved - Intro (Gospel Section 2) (Continued) WPA1 8040-13 If I Can Dream lyrics and chords are intended for your personal use only, it's a very pretty song recorded by Elvis Presley. "O Come, All Ye Faithful": Susan Boyle und Elvis Presley sorgen für X-Mas Stimmung! If I Can Dream - Stereo Mix Lyrics: 5. Where all my brothers walk hand in hand. Oh, yeah. Starke Winde voller Versprechen, die Bedenken und Angst fortwehen. And while I can think, while I can talk Robert Kennedy, a US Senator who strongly supported human rights and social justice, was killed two months later, on June 6. 'Okay', Elvis said, 'I'll do it'. While I can stand, while I can walk Log dich ein um diese Funktion zu nutzen. Trouble / Guitar Man (Part 4) (After Karate Section 3) WPA1 8030 / 8047-03 Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. A Little Less Conversation (Vocal Overdub) CPA5 5148-NA. Tell me why, oh, why, oh, why won't that sun appear? We're trapped in a world Tell me why, oh why, oh why won't that sun appear, We're lost in a cloud After seeing the news about Kennedy's death on TV, Elvis spent an entire night with the show's director, Steve Binder, and his friends, talking about the assassinations and Elvis' wishes for the world. Because the special was slated to air in December, the producers and Elvis' manager, Col. Tom Parker, had planned to end the show with a Christmas song, but Binder had other ideas. In dem all meine Brüder gemeinsam Hand in Hand laufen. It Hurts Me (Part 2) (After Karate Section 1) ____-11 America was in the midst of an upheaval in 1968. While I can dream, oh, please let my dream Wenn ich von einem besseren Land träumen kann. It takes a little practice for many of us, the chords are not really difficult to make. Over the next few takes, he fell to his knees on the concrete floor, giving himself completely to the song. 1) WPA1 8039-07 Guitar Man (Alley) (Vocal Overdub) ____-06 While I can stand, while I can walk (Deep in heart) He did this to get his pitch, as the song changes key several times. If I can dream of a better land Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965, Lyricapsule: Nirvana Drop ‘Bleach’; June 15, 1989, Lyricapsule: Derek and the Dominos’ First Gig; June 14, 1970, Help Me - Live at Coliseum, Richmond, VA, March 18, 1974, Suspicious Minds - Live at Coliseum, Richmond, VA, March 18, 1974, Love Me Tender - Live at Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis, TN, March 20, 1974. Zeitloser Rock-Hit: Die Bedeutung des Songtexts zu "Jailhouse Rock" von Elvis Presley auf Deutsch. Tell me why, oh why, oh why, Won't that sun appear? In The Ghetto Lyrics: 13. Elvis was so moved by the song and his experience with it that he told Binder,'I'll never sing another song I don't believe in. Steamroller Blues Lyrics: 11. An American Trilogy Lyrics: 10. Es muss Vögel geben, die an einem blaueren Himmel höher fliegen. English professor Robert Morrison goes back to that moment and looks at the lyrics written in honour of MLK. There must be lights burning brighter somewhere (There'll Be) Peace In the Valley (For Me), A Hundred Years From Now (Informal Recording), Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963, Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. Elvis started to cry. Wir sind gefangen, in einer Welt bekümmert mit Schmerz. One of the most popular classical vocalists in the land is lining up a trip to space, which is the inspiration for many of her songs. C - Am C - Am [Verse 1] C Am F G7 There Must Be Lights Burn-ing Bright-er Some-where C Am Dm G7 Got To Be Birds Fly-ing High-er In The Sky More Blue; C C7 F E7 Am If I Can Dream … He can redeem his soul and fly Writer(s): Walter Brown If I Can Dream was a song written to describe the '60s, which it certainly does well.