Next, wrap your length of peel-and-stick wallpaper around the three sides of your Kallax unit. This hack does it with a timber frame that is then covered with baseboard to tie in with the rest of the entryway. (Leslie Goodwin Photography), IKEA Kallax diaper changing table in pink and white, A green unit looks great with a green, patterned wallpaper in a gender neutral nursery. It’s not very big, so it can fit even in the smallest corner of your bedroom. Look at your paper’s pattern and ensure you have the best part of the design running down the center. If you’re loving the rustic look, try these shabby chic kitchen décor ideas. In this post, i will highlight to you, IKEA Kallax ideas and hacks as a basis for your inspiration. Let me know in the comments below. This DIY wire basket side table is so simple and cheap to make. Kallax can be used as a nightstand, it’s very comfy as it’s not very big and can be put into even the smallest corner and can accommodate a lot of things. Once assembled, determine which way you plan to orient your shelf if necessary (e.g., landscape vs. portrait); and then measure the three exposed sides: left, top, and right. In my case, I centered the white stripe so the two black stripes would be along the edge. But the tutorial I’m about to share is going to be more of a “do as I say, not as I do” scenario since I ran into a few bumps along the way. The inserts of drawers and baskets are well chosen to finish the New England/beach style look. Kallax is a perfect storage piece that can match many types of interiors and styles, it can be turned into a whole bunch of things according to your wish, so let’s have a look. I suggest rotating the unit so that whatever side you are papering is upright, and pull the paper backing off as you go. When you buy products with my links, I earn a commission at no extra cost to you. I think the biggest surprise to me though is how subtle this makeover is. You can also place the shelf in a kids room or a play room and use it for toys and books storage. They used foam, padding, and a staple gun to turn a plain Skogsta wooden bench into a beautiful bedroom décor. Are you bored from seeing the same design in your bedroom? Please try again. Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest to see tons of great Ikea Hack … This is a great Ikea Kallax hack to start on as it shows just how much of a transformation you can make with a couple of tweaks. Kallax shelf is great for kids’ spaces: it can become a base for a changing table. PRESS ESC TO CANCEL, © 2008 - 2020 DigsDigs. IKEA Kallax is a timeless and comfy in using shelf that may be used either horizontally or vertically depending on what type of furniture you want. Kallax may be used literally everywhere: from your living room to your entryway, as a space divider, as a console, as a nightstand and just for storage – decide yourself and go hack it! The Kallax shelf unit makes for a perfect nightstand. A contemporary storage unit looks well close to an antique mirror and vintage furniture. To add these feet to the IKEA Kallax, here is what we used: the feet, the included screws, and two washers. If you need mudcloth fabric, here is my favorite one. For those who favor simplicity, the Nordli nightstand is a perfect solution. Kallax is right what you need to make one! (ARTUP BUREAU), A contemporary KALLAX unit and other plain white furniture looks great on a colorful geometric area rug. READ MORE. IKEA Kallax that used to be Expedit is a simple and cool shelving unit that must be adjusted to the wall.