It gets quite messy so you want to work quite quickly. And just when we thought we had all of her favorite chicken dishes down, she surprised us once more. You can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin. I made it eons ago on my blog and really wanted to give the images an update. On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts. It’s simple and delicate and tastes so much better than bottled dressing, and it barely takes more time to … By the looks of the full recipe, it seems like most people probably have the majority of ingredients in their kitchen already. Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4-inch thick. It was delivered by Yuppie Chef in their iconic lovely packaging with a handwritten card just before Christmas. Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate. Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4 inch thick--you can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin. I’m not sure why. Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly. If there’s one thing we’re certain of, it’s that Ina Garten knows her chicken. Named The World’s Best Pan by Germany’s largest culinary association and by the European culinary association, I can really see why. So yeah, we know what’s on the menu this week. I have wanted a large one for the longest time and I am smitten. On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. "If I had to choose my all-time go-to dinner (besides roast chicken!!) 11 %. If necessary, keep in the oven at a very low heat until you are ready to serve. From Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook, 2002. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. https://www.food.com/recipe/barefoot-contessas-parmesan-chicken-202411 it would definitely be my Parmesan Chicken!” she captioned the post. Pound the chicken breast between two pieces of cling film or in a thick plastic bag until fairly thin and even. Learn how to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. The new season of Barefoot Contessa: Cook Like a Pro debuted this weekend, and according to Food & Wine, in the first episode Ina said the Parmesan chicken, from her Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook, is her favorite, 30-minute weeknight dinner. I have a small one which I’ve been using for 7 years and it absolutely rocks my world. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission. Southern Living is part of the Meredith Home Group. WATCH: This is Ina Garten’s OTHER Go-To Dinner Recipe. They look so good. Ina Garten Reveals Her ‘All-Time Go-To Dinner’ (Surprise: It’s Not Crispy Mustard Chicken). The ingredients are adequate for 5 chicken breasts but I made 4. These simple and spectacular Southern cakes deserve a comeback, These sides will be the real stars of Thanksgiving dinner. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The Barefoot Contessa declared her love for the dish with a photo on Instagram Thursday. Drizzle and Dip https://drizzleanddip.com/, I am so thrilled to see stone fruit start tricklin, This rainy weather has me craving a comforting sou, I made a liquorice ice cream with a chocolate & sa, I round up a few of my favourite vegan recipes for, This Chicago deep-dish style pizza is more like a, Sticky toffee, fig & walnut pudding with toffee sauce, Malva pudding with ginger & pears poached in rooibos tea, Dutch baby pancake with caramelised Pink Lady® apples & cinnamon, Easy plum muffins with a hint of lemon & cinnamon, This is not another post about how to make sourdough bread, Jamie Oliver’s gnarly peanut chicken with lime & chilli, Crispy pan-fried feta with thyme & black pepper infused honey, Hummus toast with poached egg, avo, feta, tomatoes, rocket & za’atar, Guavas poached in a chamomile syrup with vanilla & cinnamon, Delicious beetroot tops sautéed with garlic & fennel, a delicious pull-apart bread with brie & sun-dried tomatoes, roasted Pink Lady® apples with butterscotch sauce, Sous Vide chicken kebabs with soy, ginger, honey & lime, Moroccan carrot & fennel salad with sultanas & pistachios, Roasted broccoli, green bean and burrata salad with lemon, Whole roasted silverfish with Asian flavours, nuoc cham & a green papaya salad, A perfect & easy whole wheat bread recipe, oven baked lentil falafels with beetroot {vegan}, Pizza Bianco with prosciutto, nectarines, thyme & honey, Ottolenghi’s mushroom steaks with butter bean mash, Roasted cauliflower hummus with sultanas & cashew nuts, Easy lemon & blueberry yoghurt muffins with oats, Berry smoothie with banana & almond butter, warm cocktail with lapsang souchong tea, whisky & lemon cordial, gin & tonic with lemon cordial & rosemary, rooibos & mint iced tea with lychee, lemon & ginger, green juice with cucumber, celery, mint & ginger, chicken & dumplings in the Instant Pot {video}, lamb shanks with red wine, rosemary & bay leaves, bang bang cauliflower with a spicy dipping sauce, melon, mozzarella & parma ham salad with a honey & mustard vinaigrette + an italian feast, how to make menemen the most delicious turkish scrambled eggs, Liquorice ice cream with chocolate & salted caramel swirl, Chicago deep dish pizza with mushrooms, bacon & Cheddar, Black pizza with chipotle BBQ chicken, mushrooms & red onion, Nutty black & white rice salad with peppers & raisins & a ginger, soy & honey dressing, The Delaire Graff Restaurant launches a new chef and her summer menu, Luke Dale Roberts Mentors Lunch – A trip around the British Isles, The new spring menu at Greenhouse Restaurant, Tryn restaurant opens at Steenberg Estate, a magnificent spring dining experience at la colombe, the new spring menu at la petite colombe in franschhoek, the lovely angama mara in the maasai mara, san gimignano, siena & cinque terra, Italy, vanilla snap biscuits: a delicious little cookie, my healthier veggie loaded butter chicken curry, Ottolenghi's mushroom steaks with butter bean mash, 4 – 5 skinless free-range chicken breasts, 1 cup of flour (seasoned with 1 tsp of fine salt and 1/2 tsp of black pepper), 2 eggs lightly beaten and set aside in a flat-bottomed bowl, 1/2 cup very finely grated Parmesan cheese, 1 tsp sea salt flakes (Maldon) or kosher salt.