Stephen Hodgkinson from Sydney Australia on March 25, 2013: Tammy (author) from North Carolina on March 25, 2013: Thanks for the lovely comment Que Scout. Me (31M) my ex girlfriend (36F) broke up last Friday over a phone call! “Competing with an electronic device is not easy. I personally find it to be very disrespectful. I WOULD HAVE TO COMMENT FURTHER ON SOME OF THEM. It is increasingly common to walk into a convenience store to pay for gas and find that the cashier is deep into heavy gossip on a cell phone. Is my boyfriend behaving rude or am I being unreasonable? – With 10 Tips, Software Advice and Mistakes to Avoid, Whitepaper: Leveraging AI to Make Humans More Humane, 10 Ways to Keep Call Centre Employees Engaged as 2020 Winds Down, How the Cloud Can Reduce Contact Centre Costs, Contact Centre & Customer Services Summit Nov 2020, Customer Experience Professional Masterclass and Exam Preparation Workshop – UAE, Lockdown Brits Shun Smart Clothes for Virtual Work Meetings, New Study Shows the Value in Creating a “Connected Culture”. I certainly appreciate this website. bullying lying cheating is rude behavior including yelling. I prefer texting. Probably that parent needs to be there more than the "mightier than thou" parishioner! As Annette Miesbach, a senior product marketing manager at NICE inContact, says: “Advisors should be trained to try to salvage the conversation with patience and empathy, if possible.”, “Preparing for these difficult situations and conversations includes appropriate training, documentation of high-difficulty responses and procedures, as well as supervisor availability in case of escalation.”, For more customer service phrases to avoid, read our article: “Calm Down, Dear…” Words and Phrases an Advisor Should NEVER Say to an Angry Customer. Chances are that is it a heated conversation to begin with if it ends in a hang up. Yes, I had this done to me once, and It felt like it hurt more by text cause, you don't even get a chance to ask questions or express how you feel. Yes I had girlfriends at 13 too. This happens a lot and the offenders often get angry if you attempt to say something about it before the child arrives or after. My #1 is cyclists in the city: they run red lights, cycle fast on sidewalks, cycle wrong way down one-way streets. Monitor your own driving so frustrated drivers won't have to cut in front of you. This can happen when one person’s phone is locked and the, If your spouse is commenting about the time. For example, perhaps the advisor has given their three strikes, but they still feel comfortable and confident that they can turn the conversation around – hanging up may not be the best decision. if someone want to broke up thn they should do it face to face. Any terminated or escalated calls should be listened to afterwards with the team member, as part of ongoing development and support. Yeah. Even in the digital world, phone calls should not be taken lightly. What does that accomplish? The horrible drivers problem tops my list. I mean to say that if you've genuine reason than only you should proceed to it. Despite how commonplace these behaviors have become, it is still rude to be texting on your phone while also having a conversation with someone else, to talk on your cell phone during meals, to text or call while driving (which is also very dangerous), to browse the Internet during dates and dinners, and to answer a cell phone call while attending to other business. “If you become irritable and anxious initially, it is probably a good sign that you are becoming too dependent on your device. I love the picture you managed to capture of Katie Price (Jordan) picking her nose. This is not a representative sample of our "future" leaders. Oh my gosh! She always hangs up. Thanks for this excellent suggestion. yes it is. What do you want the president to prioritize in the next four years? Get all the latest news straight to your inbox, policy for dealing with abusive customers, “Calm Down, Dear…” Words and Phrases an Advisor Should NEVER Say to an Angry Customer, “I’d Like to Speak to a Manager” – 7 Ways to Deal With Difficult Customers, How to Handle Contacts From Challenging Customers, A Policy for Dealing with Angry and Abusive Customers, The Top 10 Most Important Customer Service Skills, 20 Things Advisors Can Do to Improve the Customer Experience, Contact Centre Reports, Surveys and White Papers, Webinar: 5 Clever Ideas to Improve Contact Centre Efficiency. You make some excellent points dell535. Many people think their need to get to their destinations is more important than the safety of everyone on the road. Mary from From the land of Chocolate Chips,and all other things sweet. And I confess I have not read them all (maybe that is rude of me?). Sadly, using the turn signal benefits the one who is turning left or right from being rear-ended or side swiped on a busy highway. I am humbly proud of not being guilty of any of these items, but was prompted to google the topic as I have been on the receiving end of quite a few of them. We can all relate to how irritating it is to pull into a gas station where two or more cars are blasting their bass. 24 CUTTING IN LINE. While the “three-strike rule” may be a mainstay in many contact centres, is it really OK to subject an advisor to criminal behaviour or sexual harassment more than once? I don't mind when they do that because i hate being on the phone. You hit a raw nerve listing what are also the pet peeves of others. Thanks a lot. The caller is being consistently arrogant and completely refuses to listen to logic (e.g. Grooming in public? Like many Americans, I no longer watch movies in theaters but in the peace and comfort of my own home. But it has become a cliché for a reason. choosing that little glass box over you. Their job is to understand the motivations behind the call, their position, and take whatever actions are necessary.”. by Lazarus Long. People should remember that good manners are the responsibility of the parent. It's Aisle, not Isle. I am really surprised by how many people comment about the bad behavior of senior citizens. If couples are really serious about breaking the phubbing cycle, then they might want to consider taking some time to wean themselves off their devices and using them only when absolutely necessary. Come on let's grow up a lot and start acting human. what happened to all of us? The cycle continues on and on. Hint: his main target is the U.S. banking system, and the disaster it provoked in 2008. keeps insisting that he/she is right and that the representative is wrong, regardless of the information being presented). Coaching resilience as an important advisor skill and empowering advisors to decide when enough is enough is one way to approach this.