In April 2019, students of The University of Massachusetts Amherst Isenberg School of Management will be able to access the school’s most innovative building to date. You are now leaving the Isenberg School of Management web site. Isenberg School has been ranked number one undergraduate public business school in the Northeastern United States. 30%. The Isenberg School of Management at University of Massachusetts--Amherst (Isenberg) offers these departments and concentrations: entrepreneurship, finance, health care administration, and marketing. “I have leveraged my Operations Research work to this date in my current role at a F500 CPG in a supply chain strategy capacity.” He now works as a Senior Strategy Consultant at IBM. The Isenberg School of Management is experiencing a monumental shift. in a survey that they believed their business degree was worth its cost in tuition and 60 percent said they believe their business degree from The University of Massachusetts Amherst would help them climb to a new socioeconomic status. Oracle -19 4.) Davies DeCesare-Fousek, Class of 2016, said that he engaged in three rigorous independent studies with professors in operations research and business strategy while at Isenberg. They added that 79 percent of students from the Class of 2017 found full-time jobs within a couple of months of graduating from The University of Massachusetts Amherst, and with the Class of 2018, this number rose to 82 percent. STUDENTS GET ‘POWERED-UP’ BEFORE STARTING FRESHMAN YEAR. University of Massachusetts Amherst - Isenberg School of Management Isenberg Online MBA. Another alumnus, Christine Cavallaro, said that as part of her honors thesis, she had to act as a market consultant for a real company with real clients, and was given a problem to solve with extensive research. Simulations: I took part in two simulations during my time at the business school, one of which tasked students with working together in a small team to run a multinational business and the other which asked students to come up with an idea for a small business which could be created within the business school. Isenberg School faculty members have nationally recognized strengths in financial risk analysis, alternative investments, operations and quality management, organization theory, sport marketing, financial and behavioral accounting, hospitality management, sport marketing, entrepreneurship, business leadership, and many other areas. Copyright 2020 Poets&Quants, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Acceptance rate: 25.5 percent Total number of applicants: 683 ... University of Massachusetts Amherst Isenberg School of Management. Students can choose from a number of focus areas (including Business Analytics, Healthcare Administration, and Sports Management), and the hybrid style of learning involving theory, hands-on practice, and working with companies facing real life business challenges means that “classwork is challenging but valuable.” “[Members of the] administration often are very close with students” and are “easily accessible and always looking to improve the student experience.”, Center for International Securities and Derivatives Markets (CISDM), McCormack Center for Sport Research and Education, Massachusetts Small Business Development Center (MSBDC) Network, Sustainable Enterprise is a required course for the undergraduate online certificate in Sustainable Business Practice 3.48. Thesis included hosting a speaker panel for the business school, the larger university, and the surrounding “Five College” region which featured several of these CEOs and prominent leaders in the sustainable business field. “This work allowed me direct access to researchers, practitioners in the field which ultimately developed my expertise over the course of a semester in an area I was passionate about,” DeCesare-Fousek said. The University of Massachusetts Amherst is a public research university in Amherst, Massachusetts, where the community of about 39,000 is made up mostly of UMass students, and students from the nearby Amherst College, and Hampshire College. The Marketing major is now an Associate Marketing Manager with Arnold Worldwide and said that her business school experience was very life-changing. About 82 percent of alumni from the Class of 2016 said that their first job after graduation was in their desired job function, and 80 percent said that their first job was at their desired company.