Also, the bottom of the cake was very sticky after I removed the parchment. You don’t know how much I appreciate this article! Or is it necessary to add additional amount of milk for green tea powder recipe? I used the 17cm recipe, it is almost fail-proof! Pour cold water into the large roasting pan till the water reaches halfway of the cheesecake pan. Japanese sponge cake is bouncy like a piece of sponge, with the soft and delicate texture resemble cotton when you tear it open. The top part as in after you inverted or before? Satsumaimo chiffon cake 4. Sugar – Sometimes people try to reduce the amount of sugar for whatever reasons (mainly health reasons) though do not reduce the amount of sugar for a chiffon cake recipe. Each oven is different… even though the oven says the correct temperature, inside oven may not reach to that temperature. So far the process is relatively straight forward. The amount of sugar is one that you can increase or decrease without affecting much of the final texture. Please advise! I have another question if you don’t mind. There is always discussion on how much you should beat the egg whites. I am glad that you like it. They remain strong even in the oven and help the batter rise higher and fluffier. Hi – I made this recipe today and I have the same complain as above. Thank you. Use aluminum pan (which is NOT a non-stick pan). i am using the aluminium tube pan. Add sifted cake flour in 3 parts. Also, if I use the round pan, what size should I use? Here are my suggestions: Chiffon Cake with Fresh Pineapple. It seems less if you’re baking a typical chiffon cake size though. Can I use all purpose flour instead of cake flour? We hope this helps! That way, everyone can have a similar result. Will it be too strong? Hi Wendy! KP Kwan. I have made a birthday cAke using your recipe. I think the chilled egg white trick came from European baking trick as most of western baking in Japan is influenced by European desserts and not American. I will go for 40 minutes, then check the doneness to decide if it has to be extended. Pour in a cloth bag or cheesecloth, drain and squeeze out the juice, and use only the pandan extract. Your cake could be one of them or maybe both. However, the water at the lower part of the cake brings down the temperature, causing the upper part to expand faster than the lower part, resulting in the bottom becomes denser than the top.To solve this problem, I have made two adjustments:– First, increase the temperature to 160 °C/320°F.– Put the cake on the lowest rack of the oven. Air bubbles were not even and didn’t keep the structure and collapse. This mixture of corn starch in a cold liquid is called a "slurry.". Otherwise, my cake will sinking very badly if I remove immediately. Another question is, it seems like chiffon cake is popular in England but not so much in America. Hi! There is a chiffon cake knife you can buy in Japan, too. Now i would like to try to bake it in a pizza electric oven, I’m wondering if the cake would rise up perfectly? KP Kwan. Depends on the ingredients or climate you live in, it might be better to keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Thank you for the lovely recipe. I use the simple home oven with top and bottom heating elements, just like you. Will keep you updated I understand, but thank you for replying! Can you not find a conversion table online? Eggs – I used large size eggs. Can u help ps, Hi Gin! For timing, I have to constant check the doneness of cake so as not to over bake and dry up the cake. should it be NON STICK pan or NOT? Is it golden color or really dark brown “burnt” color? Can advise what’s happening and how to rectify? I tried the 6inch and 8inch recipe. I love yuzu everything!! You cannot use a non-stick pan. Sometimes they carry SE Asian ingredients. If so… I would be very careful… anything with oil, the consistency will change and there is chemical reaction. Hello! Always read ingredient lists from the original source (follow the link from the "Instructions" field) in case an ingredient has been incorrectly extracted from the original source or has been labeled incorrectly in any way.