I made this and the taste is amazing however, the ice cream is rock hard the next day. Your email address will not be published. Thanks Michelle! Freeze in the coldest part of your freezer until firm, at least 4 hours. I’m an ice cream lover, but I’m also a bit lazy, I’m looking for recipes where I can just mix everything in a Vitamix, then pour into my ice cream maker. Bring the mixture back to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring with a heatproof spatula, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. He obviously has his mother’s taste :). Turn the Vitamix on low. Any idea how can adapt the recipe to make caramel ice cream? One year ago: Zucchini & Orange Marmalade Muffins with Cranberries & Pecans I did a comparison of my own Buckeye with the purchased flavor and I couldn’t tell the difference. I forgot to add the cocoa powder in one of the chocolate smoothies…EEK! In this vanilla ice cream recipe, the exquisite cream flavor is lifted up and exalted by vanilla's natural, subtle hints of honey, jasmine, leather and smoke. Your photos are amazing! I don’t know how this compares to using the stove, but it’s easily some of the best chocolate ice cream I’ve ever made. To test our new machine, yesterday, I made the vanilla and this chocolate recipe. 7. By clicking “I agree” below, you consent to the use by us and our third-party partners of cookies and data gathered from your use of our platforms. OMGGG, I love it! Kind regards Tanja. Hi Seth, I’ve only ever used a frozen canister, so I’m not sure that it would make a difference. Your previous recipe for chocolate ice cream has been my absolute favorite and go-to for a long time, so if you say this one is better, I HAVE to give it a try!! By clicking “I agree” below, you consent to the use by us and our third-party partners of cookies and data gathered from your use of our platforms. Whisk the cream cheese and salt in a medium bowl until smooth. And many thanks for the link to the errata list. Hi Michelle thank you for getting back to me…do u think might be able to substitute the cocoa for corn flour n chocolate for caramel chocolate?we love the texture of this ice cream…. Combine the remaining milk, heavy cream, evaporated milk, sugar and corn syrup in a 4-quart saucepan. I started Googling and found that there is an error in the cookbook for the milkiest chocolate ice cream recipe – there should really be 1¼ cups of heavy cream, but it is only printed as ¼ cup. Add the salt and whisk until the chocolate is completely melted and incorporated. Pour the mixture into a 1-gallon Ziploc freezer bag and submerge the sealed bag in the ice bath. I was wondering the same? Hi Brittany, Yes, you can do that, but you’ll still need to use an ice bath, as it should be room temperature before you refrigerate it. Sorry, not a You could certainly do that, although it will obviously be much softer. My father-in-law loves chocolate ice cream, so I made a cone for him and asked for his opinion… he said it was the best chocolate ice cream he’d ever tasted. I would have to agree with Joseph and your father-in-law, it’s wonderful!