Reviewed in the United States on November 29, 2018. I, however, would strongly disagree. Any information you have available in your personal profile, such as medications and allergies, is shared with medical personnel. In fact, it comes with a LED flash which makes taking pictures easy to do. GreatCall Jitterbug Smart is a smartphone device that quickly summons help during emergencies. Even caregivers can expect some peace of mind knowing that their seniors will have an easy-to-use smartphone that can help them stay safe. In fact, it features the best FCC hearing aid capability of M4/T4. What’s really sad is that I bet some of the elderly people who had Great call probably passed away not even knowing that they even had a phony past due bill where a person’s family most probably had to pay Great Call where here an elderly person never owed any money but their remaining family members probably felt that the person who is no longer around owed money when here they did not and never did. Just a simple phone to make calls in an emergency. Wrong....When the phone arrived it was not a new phone, it was a used refurbished phone that they replaced my new phone with. We are on a fixed budget and that was a hard loss. I called them and told them I had previously cancelled the plan and was told it wasn’t complete on their end. It is very important to do your own analysis before making any investment based on your own personal circumstances and consult with your own investment, financial, tax and legal advisers. Calling for help with Jitterbug Smart is as simple as pressing the 5Star button always displayed on the phone. Other design touches include big buttons, a more powerful speaker, a flashlight app and a magnifying function for those with vision issues. Companies pay us to be accredited or when you click a link, call a number or fill a form on our site. On the other hand, the Jitterbug Smart2 phone is a better choice for those who prefer a smartphone. This device features plenty of standby time with its 3000 mAh battery. Everyone is on a fixed income right now so this is very upsetting to me. You can turn the Jitterbug Flip into a personal safety device, making it more than just a cell phone - with our Health and Safety packages. Now for another interesting observation as I checked this phone out and on Google it definitely does say that this jitterbug flip phone is a prepaid service with no contract. And what's the point of a wifi connection if you have to sign up for a plan? I'm pointing this out repeatedly because the Smart2's negative Amazon reviews largely come from people who had trouble with activation or customer service, or who didn't understand or want the Jitterbug service package. This simplified approach takes all the guesswork out of using a smartphone and puts everything right at your fingertips. It also allows for immediate connectivity to emergency assistance, providing 24/7 of protection for the seniors. There are also extra services that can be availed of, depending on the network provider. Here is an Update with nuisance texting from PELA. Received messages on 3/14 and again today on 3/20. Then, the 5Star agent dispatches emergency personnel, roadside assistance, a locksmith, or a close family member for aid. We would like to look into this further with you, please look for a private response from us. Called Great Call customer service. The Jitterbug was first launched in 2006 as one of the very first cell phones designed just for seniors.Created by GreatCall, the company’s sole mission is to bridge the technological gap 1 between seniors and the high-tech, intimidating cell phones that can overwhelm them. In short, they’re a range of services designed for older adults that provide convenience, safety, and general wellbeing for the user. Hello John, we are sorry to hear of your experience and appreciate your feedback. For families, the most obvious benefit that is offered by Touch3 is its health and safety services. It also connects the users to skilled and highly-trained professionals in order to assess the situation, sending the needed help instantly. Great Call is a skeevy company and here my question is this to Great Call “WHAT ARE PEOPLE CANCELING? Talk and text services are available for additional fees. The Smart2 is actually an Alcatel A30 Plus with custom GreatCall software on it. But low-light photos are dim and grainy, and the slow processor means that you have to "hold the phone still" (as the UI says) to take HDR shots. I wanted something simpler but as as useful as my IPhone 7 and with good follow up when things didn't work as advertised. This feature allows the users to text easily. She got this phone in May 2020 and it worked fine for the most part until mid August. With the touch of a button, you'll immediately connect with a US-based IAED-certified agent who can dispatch help. With the Smart2’s five and a half-inch screen, I had no trouble accurately typing, and the same goes for dialing numbers. The Smart2 has a very simplified interface, with messaging and camera options clear and prominent using words, not confusing icons. Take a Medical Alert System Quiz. It is very important to do your own analysis before making any investment based on your own personal circumstances and consult with your own investment, financial, tax and legal advisers. All in all, the Jitterbug Flip phone is a simple and no-frills flip phone which sends texts, makes calls, and get you connected quickly to emergency services. We confirmed this is normal in a conversation with customer service. It features a simple interface with lots of effective features for seniors. The back of the phone is made of plastic, though it is less glossy than the one in front. Sign up for What's New Now to get our top stories delivered to your inbox every morning. These phones don't require 5g, so just let them run at the lower setting. It also features one-gigabit memory that is built in it, along with a storage capacity of 1,000 or more images, 200 contacts, and 50 texts. It is an amazing option for families since it offers peace of mind knowing that your older adult is fine and safe while doing their usual activities. I spent 25 in telecom. The Flip model features a 2.0-megapixel camera. The Link app also sends notifications for certain actions, such as when 5Star is utilized. I was basically told “too bad” and that the plan was now cancelled and we were squared. Original Review: I purchased a Jitterbug flip phone for my 86 year mom on February 29, 2020. When we received the phone, the device itself was of superb quality. PCMag.com is a leading authority on technology, delivering Labs-based, independent reviews of the latest products and services. Had volume issues but realized the volume control was on low. Hello Elaine, we are sorry to hear you have encountered a problem with your Jitterbug phone and we appreciate your feedback. PCMag, PCMag.com and PC Magazine are among the federally registered trademarks of Ziff Davis, LLC and may not be used by third parties without explicit permission. Comparisons and Conclusions. Cell Phone Signal Booster Verizon 4G LTE Signal... weBoost Home Room (472120) Cell Phone Signal... Phonetone Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home... 5 (Provider) Buy iPhone 12 mini and Get up to $700 Discount, Top 5 Boost Mobile New Customer Deals 2020, The 5 Best Simple Mobile Prepaid Plans in 2020, 10 Best Assurance Wireless Compatible Phones 2020, Top 12 T-Mobile Deals For Existing Customers in 2020, 6 Buy One Get One Free iPhone Deals (Updated 2020), 10 Best AARP Cell Phones for Seniors 2020. Did not inform me when I signed up. Here’s a closer look at each of them. About a month ago, my sister tried to call her and she didn't answer, so of course she was concerned, and went home to make sure she was ok and she was sitting there. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Jitterbug Smart smartphones have a simple navigation menu that is accessible when you power up or unlock your device. In fact, it is just about palm size. There is no sound quality at all as even my uncle noticed that all you could barely make out was some muffled sound like someone talking while wearing about 20 coronavirus masks all at one time. I have been with Jitterbug/Great Call for over a year and I have added 2 phones since then. The Flip model, on the other hand, provides easy YES/NO buttons which also makes navigating really easy. GreatCall Jitterbug Flip cell phones can summon help in the event of a fall or other emergency. Not only was the replacement phone a used refurbished phone, but it also had the same issues as the new phone I purchased on 2-29-2020. All Rights Reserved. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Even though there is no doubt that Jitterbug Smart2 is slower when it comes to internet connectivity in comparison with other smartphones, it is a dependable model – one that is easy to use. ConsumerAffairs is not a government agency. This latter type of plan provides you with features that can turn your Jitterbug Smart2 into a personal emergency response system, but more on that later. The contents of this site may not be republished, reprinted, rewritten or recirculated without written permission. The basic rundown: It's a 5.98-by-3.03-0.33-inch, 5.57-ounce plastic phone with a 5.5-inch, 720p screen on the front. We would like to assist you further, please look for a private message from us that is requesting additional information. Designed with the special needs of seniors in mind, the Jitterbug Flip also … This is unbelievable and I hope people read this because I care about the older people and I do not want the elderly to get unfair service and get drained out of their money.