Let’s borrow that match Speedwagon is holding to shine a bit of light on this line of his: I’ve lived in the underworld ever since I was born, coming across all sorts of scoundrels. Or, perhaps, this entire adventure itself? Zepelli Zepelli is an eccentric Italian with a taste for wine and sandwiches who, after watching everyone he knew and loved being killed by a vampire, has devoted his life to seeking and destroying the stone mask which Dio took his power from. Whatever you do, it needs to be something you can consistently come back to day in and day out until “Japanese time” becomes a fixed part of your routine. While we’re at it, here’s a few more: On the off-chance that you’re wondering whether or not Dio is a team player, here is how he responds when asked about his (childhood) relationship with Jojo: 友情だった?綺麗事を並べてにこにこするなよな、クズどもが! What was Dio’s father’s dying wish for him, and how did Dio feel about that? Speedwagon, despite being a thug from the slums, has an eye (or perhaps a nose) for character and is not a crook to his core. We’re talking about a several-thousand hour commitment here, after all. Title. Speedwagon calls off the mugging and begins to accompany Jojo, becoming a loyal companion. Let’s see: And what, furthermore, is the difference between the power that Dio and Zeppelin wield? Whatever you do, it needs to be something you can consistently come back to day in and day out until “Japanese time” becomes a fixed part of your routine. Jojo leads what seems to be an idyllic life until his equally noble father takes in a recently-orphaned Dio Brando, whose single-minded pursuit of wealth and power sparks a conflict that lasts for 8 seasons. English Translation. Jojo leads what seems to be an idyllic life until his equally noble father takes in a recently-orphaned Dio Brando, whose single-minded pursuit of wealth and power sparks a conflict that lasts for 8 seasons. Get notified when new articles are posted: Japanese with Anime is a blog about learning Japanese written by someone who's learning Japanese to read manga and watch anime in Japanese. As mentioned  above, LingQ allows you to import your favorite content and create interactive lessons. While it’s true, for example, that lifting a 200 pound weight will build more muscle than a 20 pound one, it takes a certain… power level… to use that 200 pound weight in the first place. In the manga and anime JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, a certain character screams. English Translation. Years later, Dio is taken in by the Joestar family upon his father’s death. Years later, Dio is taken in by the Joestar family upon his father’s death. Futile! (Dio). Futile! Take your content anywhere you go, look up words, listen to the audio, save your words, and much more. THEY ACTUALLY END UP SAYING IT! Takehito Koyasu, Dio’s seiyuu, just does a great job of delivering an old sense of villainy that is now considered comedic by today’s standards, but appropriately makes his presence known. LingQ takes each line from the script and lays it out sentence-by-sentence or paragraph-by-paragraph so that you can follow along, instantly look up unknown words in a dictionary of your choice and then upload these words into an SRS flashcard system for later study. To put it into a nutshell that doesn’t do justice, this is a very over-the-top, dramatic and bizarre adventure in which Jojo (or his kin) try to impede the diabolical plans of his adopted brother, Dio (or his kin). Futile! 徐々. Hello, I am originally from the states and have lived in Japan since 2009. As to why we explored this from a Japanese perspective, in our opinions, JoJo is just one of those series that should be viewed in Japanese. I decided to use LingQ to make lessons out of one of the greatest anime series of all time, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure. Today I’m going to show you how. I will transcend (being human)! Let’s take Jojo’s title quote, for example: 相手が大きいやつだからって負けるとわかっているからって Even though his opponent is a big guy and he’s sure he can’t win, 紳士は勇気をもって戦わなくてはならない時があるからだぞ。 There are times when a gentleman must be courageous and fight, anyway. Japanese needs to become a daily habit, but it takes awhile to make a habit: pop culture suggests a month and.