(voice), People of Solis Here’s hoping we can blow this bridge up. I wasn’t disappointed. Just Cause 4 Reloaded includes additional premium content as well as all previously released improvements and additions to the game. To Avalanche’s credit, there is some significantly improved enemy diversity that prevents you from blowing through their ranks quite as easily as before, including flying drones, soldiers with grapple-proof shields, stealth suits, grenades that drop when they die, and even occasional suits of power armor that function as mini-boss fights – because when attack choppers and tanks can be slapped aside like insects, you need the Iron Man Mark I armor to stand a chance. As someone with a pretty firm grasp of the basics, I was very pleased to not have to earn all of that back again before the party got started. I also saw a few brief glimpses of this new mechanic, but it does seem cool. It does learn from and address many of Just Cause 3’s mistakes, especially when it comes to some of the more annoyingly repetitious mission types, but it doesn’t really come with a must-have new idea to give it its own identity. Just Cause 4 has everything you expect from a Just Cause game, almost to a fault. We’ll always tell you what we find. A deputy is sent to the town of Hope County to arrest Joseph Seed, a corrupt evangelical religious leader who rules the town with the help of his disturbed followers. Jade is the Gaming Editor at Trusted Reviews. Seen at outlets such as MTV UK, Kotaku and Trusted Reviews (obviously…. After the murder of his surrogate family at the hands of the Italian mafia, Vietnam War veteran Lincoln Clay seeks vengeance on those who took away the only thing that mattered to him. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Though there are tons and tons of unlocks to earn, Just Cause 4 wastes no time in giving you access to your parachute, wingsuit, and grapple – everything you need to wreak destruction anywhere on the island. Players traverse/explore an open-world environment and use machine guns, rocket launchers, and explosives to attack and kill enemy soldiers. Sadly, I only briefly encountered a lightning storm, so can’t speak to how extensive its effects are on Rico and his surroundings. Just Cause 4 Reloaded JUST CAUSE 4. Also, flying a jet with the keyboard is all but impossible because you can’t use the mouse to steer. One example saw the developers spawn in a tank, before causing it to float in the air with a series of balloons. Directed by Francesco Antolini. Add the first question. One of the big new features of Just Cause 4 is the alternate grapple modes, but they’re more of a physics novelty than gameplay innovation. When they roll up in a tank, all you have to do is look at it and push a button and suddenly their tank is your tank. Just Cause 4 The Lightning Gun is a pretty underwhelming damage hose, but the Wind Cannon is basically Rico’s version of shouting FUS RO DAH and blasting everything in his path. 7.9. The ones I did experience weren’t anything special, only causing to highlight the simply average gunplay and vehicle controls. During my hands-on session, the developers alluded to mysterious forces working in the shadows, causing the unstoppable tornadoes and lightning storms tearing their way through the wilderness. The soldiers you need to capture a territory are generated by going slightly out of your way to blow things up, so if you’re anything like me you’ll have more than you’ll ever need. That said, it’s a bit of a downer how many missions are built around the idea of finding switches to disable indestructible turret cannons. This is a very iterative sequel, and therefore it’s just as gloriously over-the-top and action-movie stupid as the last one. Enter mankind's greatest conflict with Battlefield V as the series goes back to its roots with a never-before-seen portrayal of World War 2. ESRB M. This is a third-person shooter in which players assume the role of a man (Rico Rodriguez) who teams up with rebels to battle an evil dictator. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. While we were given free reign with completely upgraded tools, the real experience will be somewhat more mediated. Avalanche Studios has done a phenomenal job of making them feel like a legitimate force of nature. Check out our editors' picks for the movies and TV shows we're excited about this month, including the premieres of "Marvel 616," Proxima, and more. The capital city is hounded by a sequence of tornadoes, while snowy mountains have to contend with a rapturous blizzard tearing apart military facilities. Like I said before, it simply feels amazing in practice. As long as you keep moving and remember to bail out of a vehicle before it explodes, you’ll probably win. (voice) (as Cristina Vee Valenzuela). You’ll unlock new attachments while progressing through the campaign and causing chaos amidst enemy strongholds, the latter of which is a far better outlet for creative freedom. Switching between parachute and gliding to cover huge stretches of terrain quickly is virtually unchanged since Just Cause 3, and I have no problem with that. Sadly, I was underwhelmed by Just Cause 3 in every conceivable way. The Best TV Shows About Being in Your 30s, Javi / It means you’ll never walk anywhere, always seconds away from a maneouvre that propels you into the air, ready to deploy your wingsuit. It’s present and accounted for, with Rico doing battle with an evil organisation known as The Black Hand across the island of Solis. But, at the same time, that’s all carried over from the previous game, and I’d have loved to have seen Just Cause 4 double down even more on destructibility. Continuing to deny the laws of physics, Rico’s trusty hook can propel him across the world in a matter of seconds when used in combination with his unlimited supply of parachutes. I can’t stress enough how big a part of the satisfaction of Just Cause 4 comes down to watching a thunderous chain reaction of detonations. Title: Upon seeing my first tornado, I immediately spawned a jumbo jet and blasted my way towards it. Solis is a beautiful setting, too. It controls brilliantly, creating a true sense of scale as you explore the world. Just Cause 4 is a slightly better version of Just Cause 3's destruction-fueled action, but lacks a big new idea to give it an identity of its own. With Orion Acaba, Elizabeth Maxwell, Joe Zieja, Bradford Hastings. After initially being hopeful that I’d have some meaningful control over how my weirdly pastel-colored rebellion would spread across Solis, I was disappointed by the conquest map. 1 year, 5 months. After losing his niece in an assassination attempt, Aiden Pierce, a street-smart vigilante, uses hacking apps on his phone to take over a new operating system in Chicago to hunt the criminals that killed his niece. Rico’s mission is to stop this, helping out fellow citizens and rebel forces the best he can. Check out this collection of photos we love from some of our favorite video games. Just Cause 4 - Dare Devils of Destruction Launch Trailer, ADV: Disintegration: Multiplayer Tips, Teams, and Strategies, Resident Evil Village Gameplay Shown Off... By Tennis Star Naomi Osaka, Mass Effect's Future Just Got Brighter – Unlocked 469. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Just Cause 4 Review. Just Cause 4 - Dare Devils of Destruction Launch Trailer. MATURE +17. With the push of a button you can cycle between three loadouts: the traditional retractor, attachable balloons straight out of Metal Gear Solid V that let you lift sheep or anything else high into the air, and jets which (when manually activated) launch a victim uncontrollably through the air. Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. Absurd as it is to pull off tricks like completely avoiding fall damage from any height by grappling the ground and pulling yourself toward it faster than you were already falling, it’s a fantastic mode of travel that’s unique to Just Cause, and using it effectively it involves an element of skill. This FAQ is empty. See our Video Games Guide for more. That leaves me with a distinct “more of the same” feeling. He’s a gruff, masculine and wise-cracking fella with an endless array of silly weapons at his disposal. I only played through a few missions during my time with Just Cause 4, largely because of how fascinating the systems outside them are to experiment with. Rico Rodriguez fights against a paramilitary group called the Black Hand who have very sinister plans to test experimental weather weaponary. Set during the Stone Age, Far Cry Primal follows Takkar, who rises from an unarmed hunter to the leader of his tribe. Lead the fight against the Highwaymen, as they seek to take over the last remaining resources. After liberating his homeland in the last game, our hero is turning his attention to more serious means as he goes up against highly advanced mercenaries and a series of seemingly man-made weather calamities. The spy thriller takes the assassin across international locations, from vibrant Miami to dangerous rainforests. If you’ve played Just Cause 3 then you’ll feel immediately at home with how the fourth entry feels to play. Once caught up in its winds, the tornado throws Rico around like a ragdoll, sucking him off alongside countless other bits of animals, debris and other parts of the dynamically reactive world. What’s better than one exploding helicopter? Instead, it’s buttery smooth, reflected in how responsive Rico feels as you deploy your wingsuit in-between jagged cliffs and claustrophobic sequences of road. After completing missions, destroying enemies and their equipment in the open world, you’ll be provided opportunities to expand your territory. Just Cause 4 Reloaded delivers an expansive and explosive gameplay experience in an all-new package! All the while he is being stalked by someone from his past. This is depicted through the in-game map as you push forward frontlines and, presumably, overpower the enemy. For Just Cause 4, this might just be enough to supersede the series’ past failings. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor. Don't buy this garbage. I did have some issues with the weirdly mapped menu controls on mouse and keyboard, including the extremely stupid lack of support for mapping controls to the mouse thumb buttons.