DigitlHaus, 30 Days with the Kershaw Blur — Knife Review, Smith & Wesson Military and Police Knives, favorite Kershaw Blur on our website here, Reversible (tip-up/tip-down, right) pocketclip, Handle: 6061-T6 anodized aluminum, Trac-Tec inserts. The durability of an Kershaw Blur Edc will be contingent on the materials used as well as the quality of the manufacturing process. The Link is a great knife, but the Blur’s 14C28N steel is slightly tougher than the Link’s 420HC. Amazon does all of this quite well. Navigating the Amazon site is easy. I'm an independent knife and EDC gear reviewer. I have had three Kershaw knives with the SpeedSafe and have been pleased with each one. By this I mean that it isn’t a deep carry pocket clip. The pad of your thumb gets a solid spot to rest and as you flick your thumb forward and up (the same motion you used back when you were shooting a marble as a kid) the blade snaps right open. I’ll admit my OCD kicks in when I get a brand new knife in and I have to tinker for several minutes getting the blade “just right.”. Here is what happened. Then I realized, the edge on the thumb studs was catching the back of my hand as I put my hand into my pocket where the Blur was resting. Store Hours:Mon-Thu: 8 am – 5 pmFri: 8 am – 3 pm, © 2020 BladeOps | All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Built by The fit and finish on the Blur heavily outweighs its price tag. There are arguments both for and against assist-opening blades, but I really have no preference as I enjoy many different deployment options. And I have to say I wouldn’t have it any other way. My goal is to help you find the best knife to fit your needs and budget. So problem solved. Amazon is not the only store that sell Kershaw Blur Edc. If you are looking for a high quality assist knife, the Kershaw Blur definitely fits the bill. Some prefer to have their pocket knives to sit above the pocket, and that’s all personal preference which I respect fully. I try to keep my knives in the best shape I can but some finishes wear more than others. Most variants I have seen come with the DLC-coated black blade, but others come in a nice stonewashed blade finish which really shows of the Blur’s smooth lines. Kershaw Ken Onion Blur Review. It is soft enough that it doesn’t scratch and pull at your hand. The Kershaw Blur has been around for years now, but it took me a ridiculously long time to finally get one. It just makes opening the knife that much easier. Durable blade steel that is easy to maintain. Overall Length: 7.9 inches. If a product has been around for a while and still has a high demand, it is likely a good product. Hey, I'm Drew! Another great option from Kershaw is the Model 1776 “Link.” The Link is very similar in overall size and features, but its blade steel and materials are a little bit different. 14C28N is also durable steel which is a must for a knife you’re going to use daily for various tasks. Instead of traditional round thumb studs though, the Blur’s thumb studs feature a slight angle to them that allows the SpeedSafe technology to do its thing. In a world full of options, it can be tough to pick a good pocket knife. We all know how pesky those small T6 screws can be on some pocket knives. It healed ok, but I only have about 80% strength in the thumb. I like the clip. I wear size Large gloves and the Blur fits my hand very well with a full four-finger grip. Do you need a large Kershaw Blur Edcor a small one? I like Kershaw’s effort in making the pocket clip reversible for those who prefer either tip-up or tip-down carry, but either way you slice it the Blur sits too far out of the pocket for my liking. In the case of my knife, it is olive drab. This is a hard charging, built to perform knife that is ready for action when you pull it out of the box. I was in love with the knife, but if it was going to slice my hand up–no joy. Here is where I am glad that companies make aftermarket parts for the Blur. Knife collectors all around the world trust the Blur for its durability and overall quality. Make sure the Kershaw Blur Edc you are considering is backed by a good manufacturer’s warranty. Although most Kershaw Blur Edc are similar, there are several differences worth noting. Upon further study, I realized two things had solved the problem. These standoffs can also be replaced by custom titanium variants from a variety of different custom accessory companies. Tip down or tip up, the pocket clip can be set either way. These premium steel variants do come at a higher price tag but your time between sharpening and overall durability will be even better than the standard version of the Blur. We’ll be doing a full review on it in the near future, but the Flash also features an assisted opening blade, an ergonomic handle, and a deep carry pocket clip. While I was at it, I figured I would cut a bunch of cardboard to see if the blade would stay sharp. Some spring assists are hard for me to operate because of this. I cannot stand the pocket clip. From apples to cardboard to little odds and ends around the office, I sliced a bit of everything. When you put your thumb on these studs, the angle makes for a very natural thumb placement. Fitment is still phenomenal after months of use and none of the screws have backed out to date. EDC KNIFE REVIEWS. The knife has a reputation that boasts that it is the ideal EDC. Other variants feature stonewashed blades and more premium blade steels such as S30V. The Link features a 420HC steel blade in a more traditional Drop Point shape and the aluminum scales lack the extra traction given by the Trac-Tec inserts. How to Choose the Best Kershaw Blur Edc (with Price and Reviews) Although most Kershaw Blur Edc are similar, there are several differences worth noting. Most photos make the inserts appear to be sandpaper-ish in nature, but they actually have more of a textured rubber feel in hand. All Knives in Stock, Free Shipping on Every Order. Here are the results. What you are looking for in grip tape is one that will keep your feet from slipping but won’t scratch the living daylights out of your hands when you grab your board in the middle of a jump or trick. I’ll be the first to admit that the Blur does not scream “look at me!” in a fashionable sense, but it is a great-looking knife regardless. Most of my time is spent on the road as a patrol officer for a local police department, but I spend most of my free time researching, collecting, and using my knives! Fits well in different hand sizes; One-handed deployment and closing (Strong lockup). It is a fairly durable black finish is reasonably hard and scratch resistant. [custom-twitter-feeds search=”Kershaw Blur Edc”]. If you’re looking for a knife that will do just about anything, is made in the USA, and comes with a lifetime warranty, check one out today! The assist mechanism is blazing fast. Amazon checkout is easy, especially if you already have an account. Find your favorite Kershaw Blur on our website here. I couldn’t figure out what was going on at first. So with that in mind, I set to work slicing everything I could put my hands on. If you are wondering what a blade belly is, check out my blog post from last week on Quick Knife Terms. The belly shape makes this a great knife for slicing actions. Kershaw Blur Edcs also come in a variety of colors. Three stainless steel standoffs keep the Blur both visually appealing and incredibly durable. It will scratch, but not easily. They also make your shopping experience a little easier by showing you items that you recently viewed. Lockup is incredibly strong and I have put my Blur through a handful of various tasks that should typically be left to a fixed blade. Kershaw Leek Carbon Fiber Stonewash Finish with CPM 154 Steel; Ken Onion Classic Design with SpeedSafe Assisted Opening and 3 Inch Medium-Sized Drop Point Precision, Slicing and Piercing Blade, Kershaw TX-Tool (TXTOOL); 4.8 in. So what I noticed quickly was how sharp the blade is on my Kershaw Blur. This is no fancy knife that can’t be carried and used. The next thing I noticed was how fast the blade opens when the thumb studs are activated. Kershaw SpeedSafe (Assisted Opening) Knives. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. The Blur has been around for about a decade now and has proven itself in that time. Kershaw Link Gray Aluminum Blackwash Tanto Knife (1776TGRYBW) with SpeedSafe Assisted Opening, 3.25 In. Customer rating is one of the best criteria for choosing an Kershaw Blur Edc. However, there are several compelling reasons why you should buy Kershaw Blur Edc from them, with the suitable Price and Reviews. This makes it easier for you to see exactly what you are purchasing. I wish more knife makers would include these thumb studs on their knives. If you’re looking for a more “tactical” looking everyday carry blade the Flash is definitely one to look at, but most people in a day-to-day work environment tend to prefer a more discreet look which the Blur is better suited for. The liner lock is plenty strong. In addition to scratch and wear resistance, the DLC coating on the Blur gives it a nice matte black look.