★☆ 2 cups cheese, shredded (cheddar cheese or Monterey jack cheese work great in this recipe!) If a thinner sauce is desired, add up to 1 cup water or chicken broth. First of all, gather all the ingredients and the kitchen equipment needed. Rich and creamy, this keto enchilada sauce is perfect for those Mexican dinners you thought you had to give up! The perfect blend of spices to pair with gluten-free chicken enchiladas. This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love! One of the main ingredients is chicken broth which is collagen-rich and nutritious and will give your dish a very rich taste. Now, whisk in the tomato sauce and chicken bone broth until everything’s completely combined. This is a photo of the very first test batch of keto enchiladas I made. Melt the butter in a pan over low heat. Add the onion, and cook, occasionally stirring … The enchiladas are stuffed with shredded chicken, onions, and shredded cheese. If you are practicing a low carb lifestyle then these store-bought low carb tortillas would be a good option for you. You’ll also need some spices that I’m sure you already have in your spice cabinet, chicken stock and tomato paste. Tag @tasteslovely on Instagram and hashtag it #tasteslovely. We will prepare a red version. Whisk together. 3 tbs chili powder Turn the heat down then stir in the sour cream and green chiles. Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat until it shimmers (until hot… The sauce enchilada can be white, green and red. Be sure to turn the heat down when adding the spices to the oil. Your email address will not be published. Fill each keto tortilla with a layer of shredded chicken and cheese. This post may include Amazon links. Hope your enchiladas were fantastic! Mix the shredded chicken with green onion, ¾ of the shredded cheese, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper. It's an old technique that I still use to this day! If you don’t use the keto enchilada sauce immediately, or only some of it, how do you store it? Homemade Keto Red Enchilada Sauce Recipe + Video Demo – a low carb mild spice enchilada sauce. Disclaimer: KetoVale.com does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Preheat your oven to 350F. Whole30, paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food. If you practice strict keto, I would stay away from low carb tortillas. Please do not post or republish this recipe and/or images without written permission from Easy Keto Dishes. Well, first off, let it cool down. 3 tbs butter Don’t worry what’s in the sauce when you yourself put in every real ingredient. Let it cool or use immediately for chicken, beef, or cheese enchiladas. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I doubled the garlic powder and added in some chipotle powder for a bit if heat. 6. Remove from the heat and stir in the apple cider vinegar. If you want to share this recipe, please share the link rather than the whole recipe. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Spread the rest of the green chile sauce on top of the cabbage rolls, then top with the remaining cheese. In small batches like this. Let's dig deeper →. Yields 8 servings of Keto Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sauce. You do have the option to use a Red Enchilada Sauce that’s premade to make dinner super easy but I will warn you, there are some ingredients in there that are not necessarily keto friendly. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Trying to recreate enchiladas with low-carb tortillas can be a pain, especially if you try and make them yourself. Your email address will not be published. Pour the enchilada sauce on top of the rolled enchiladas. Then pour it into airtight glass jars and place in the refrigerator for up to a week. The tortillas are perfect!! Spread the rest of the green chile sauce on top of the cabbage rolls, then top with the remaining cheese. Good luck! Doubling the garlic powder and adding chipotle powder sounds delicious! This is the thinking process that keeps me sane with doing keto! Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and chicken broth. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Adjust the spice to your liking and enjoy on low carb chicken enchiladas or whatever you choose. listeners: [], Now you can make a low carb and keto-friendly version of enchilada sauce for all your Mexican keto dishes. So yumm and easy! Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. So if you’ve made gravy before, you can make an enchilada sauce! In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil in. The result is flavorful, creamy, and delicious! Copyright © 2020 Explorer Momma on the Foodie Pro Theme, « Keto Asparagus Fries With Spicy Garlic Dip. Remove the bay leaf if needed. I used to use Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce because it tastes amazing. Top tipWhat are your favorite Mexican foods?? This is also a really good recipe you can use when you have leftover chicken too! To the saucepan add seasonings and cook for about 1 minute. 1 tsp garlic powder Also, he was especially impressed by one dish, rolled up with ingredients inside, the enchilada! Continue to fill and roll the remaining keto tortillas as instructed. Usually enchilada sauce is thickened with flour or cornstarch. Usually enchilada sauce is thickened with flour or cornstarch. } I like to freeze everything using the same small cookie sheet so that I can stack them easily in the freezer. Easy Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe in Pickle Juice Brine. I made this Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowl on the stove top, but it can easily be made in a slow cooker or an Instant Pot by adding the chicken, enchilada sauce, chiles and onions together and letting them cook on low heat all day. Hmmm. The homemade Keto enchilada sauce we made came out absolutely amazing. To keep this keto friendly and Whole30 friendly, I’m using tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch). In a medium-size saucepan, melt the butter first. 8 to 10 keto tortillas Mince and toss in the garlic. Enchilada sauce is essentially a Mexican flavored gravy. Your email address will not be published. Once you try this homemade keto red enchilada sauce, you will never buy store bought again! If we go back in time to the golden age of the Aztec Empire, you’ll find enchiladas had already been around for quite some time. Place it next to the stove. So if you’ve made gravy before, you can make an enchilada sauce! Everything we do is devoted to inspiring people to transform their lives by changing the way they eat and how they feel through the ketogenic way of eating. Starch Substitutions: If you don’t have tapioca starch (aka tapioca flour), you can also use arrowroot starch (aka arrowroot flour). It came out AMAZING and the whole family loved it! Next, heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat until it begins to shimmer, or until hot. The family nearly devoured all of them before I could make a bigger batch! Cook it for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Melt ghee in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Here’s a video to show how we made these amazing keto enchiladas!