Jamie Kennedy in the lead was funny as well and kept it moving. Twenty years later, Justin (Jamie Kennedy) awakes with the mindset and experience of a 12-year-old. Coming Soon, Regal I found absolutely nothing funny except for when the kid wakes up after his coma and asks why they don't show music videos on MTV anymore. (as Michael Miguel Hanus), Female Bartender I have to say as dumb as it looks, this movie was pretty funny! Jenny, a young American woman, moves to Paris and gets involved with Jack, who is seemingly the man of her dreams. Coming Soon. At least, until he flipped off the stage and sent himself into a coma. There are no approved quotes yet for this movie. | | Even the romantic part. All rights reserved. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Bobby Lee and Miguel Nunez were hilarious and the story although weak and predictable was not horrible. Kickin' It Old Skool is one big unfunny pop culture reference that doesn't feature many laughs. What results is a D.O.A. Kennedy's lowbrow comedy best for '80s veterans. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. PG-13. What more do you want? Torture throughout. A high school senior branded uncool in the ninth grade gets himself expelled so he changes his image to cool kid at the town's other high school. Search for "Kickin' It Old Skool" on Amazon.com, Title: Kickin' It Old Skool (2007) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. But sadly, these fleeting cameos provided the only respite from moviegoers going into a self-induced boredom coma. Release Dates Waking up twenty years later, he's a child trapped in a man's body and still has the urge to break dance. Bottom line: Should've been dropped like third period French. | Rating: 0/4, April 30, 2007 | Rating: .5/4.0 Company Credits Forgot your password? From 2006 through 2007, he produced a variety of awful straight-to-video horror films, which I've actually seen simply because Anchor Bay sends me copies for free. | Rating: 1/6 Archer Review: Ron Cadillac Makes the Rules! Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. At a talent show in 1986, young Justin Schumacher suffers a head injury and slips into a coma. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. And, if that doesn't sell you: there's a special appearance by David Hasselhoff and KITT. Despite an unsuccessful and decidedly short tenure on television, Freaks and Geeks employed funnier ‘80s-inspited gags in 1 minute than this movie did in its entire running time. A pathetically unfunny comedy that should have been shipped straight to video, if not recycled as guitar picks. Filled with old 80's songs and retro suggestions with a really funny cast, it was not that bad. I like Kennedy but he doesn't make it easy for me. |, April 23, 2009 9 of 13 people found this review helpful. However, he has a lot to hide and Jenny quickly gets entangled his dangerous lifestyle. The percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie a positive review. Rubik's cubes, DJ Tanner, He-Man and Rockem Sockem robots are the name of the game here. Cinemark |, May 5, 2007 Although technically a coming-of-age film, Kickin' It is, in every way, regressive. He decides to reunite the members of his former dance team and revive their short-lived careers. | Rating: 2/5 The dance scenes weren't even fun. | Top Critics (14) Copyright © Fandango. Probably not.So if you're in your twenties and want a flashback, this might be something for you. The reunion of the multi-ethnic Funky Fresh Boys triggers a fusillade of un-PC misfires as the not-so-fab four try to alleviate their personal woes by entering an American Idol-esque dance-troupe contest. movie that ironically could only be construed as funny to someone born well after the ‘80s…like, say, yesterday. Besides, shouldn't we as a culture being moving on to depleting the comic potential of '90s nostalgia by now? Extremely enjoyable! If you like dancing films then at least watch films like Dirty Dancing or Step Up, not this garbage. Cinemark Regal (as Terri-Anne Welyki), Dancer Don't have an account? Kickin' It Old Skool Its somber and realistic plot centers around sibling relationships and custodial matters. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. Knight Rider"), special effects assistant: tech advisor (segment "K.I.T.T. while Jamie Kennedy's character of Justin is supposed to be an 11-year-old in a 30-year-old's body, it seems he has suffered irreparable brain damage in his coma, If you were alive and watching TV during this decade, you'll find something to give you a smirk. Looking for something to watch? When they meet they discover that they haven't changed much. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. | They won't be able to see your review if you only submit your rating. Coming Soon. PG-13 (Language|Crude and Sexual Content), Box Office Wrapup: "Disturbia" Threepeats Over Dead Weekend, Box Office Guru Preview: Just What Moviegoers Want, Another Nic Cage Action Flick, December 3, 2007 Don’t worry, it won’t take long. 1 hr 48 min. For most people, this gives hi ma clean slate. In the PG-13-rated comedy Kickin’ It Old Skool, a man (Kennedy) wakes up in a drastically changed world after being put into a coma 20 years earlier by a freak break-dancing accident. If this sounds like something you'll appreciate, dig in. Just confirm how you got your ticket. All Critics (44) Meg has the life she thinks she wants. | Rating: 0.5/4, April 30, 2007 | Rating: 0.5/4 By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. | It was right up my alley.I'm not sure who this film is catering to, besides me. The 1980s references were cleverly woven in, and the style of humor was low-brow without being tasteless. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". (2007). | Rotten (43). The image is an example of a ticket confirmation email that AMC sent you when you purchased your ticket. You're almost there! |, August 6, 2007 |, April 30, 2007 Technical Specs, See agents for this cast & crew on IMDbPro, Gay Dude 30 Rock's Josh Siegal and Dylan Morgan seal deal with Sony Pictures Television, Tsawwassen, Delta, British Columbia, Canada, The Best TV Shows About Being in Your 30s. Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. Hey, I liked it... but would my mom? Everything else was absolutely unnecessary. Oh no!" Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. A new music teacher in a 1955 West Texas home for wayward boys brings new vision and hope for many of the interned boys. Comedy. Waking up in 2006, he looks to revive his and his team's career with the help of his girlfriend and his parents. The film's cast includes Jamie Kennedy, Bobby Lee, Maria Menounos, Michael Rosenbaum, and Vivica A. Fox.This movie was released on April 27, 2007 and grossed $2.49 million in its opening weekend. Reading the list of actors was more entertaining than 95% of the film. I suppose people in their mid-20s to mid-30s. DIRECTOR. A young breakdancer hits his head during a talent show and slips into a coma for twenty years. J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs & The Church of the SubGenius, Fall TV First Look: Find Out What’s Coming, The Best Peacock Original Shows and Movies, All Upcoming Disney Movies: New Disney Live-Action, Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and More. . Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! What anyone would do -- form the team together again to win the local break dancing contest and pay his parents back for all his medical bills.This film comes from first-time director Harvey Glazer. | Rating: C- | Fresh (1) and the Terms and Policies, This distant swamp area was used hundreds of ... See full summary », Four single women reunite together after not seeing each other in so many years. Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. Use the HTML below. Employing a formula more clandestine than Colonel Sander’s 11 secret herbs and spices, Kennedy’s (Malibu’s Most Wanted) inane brand of comedy must have been dreamt up in a high school study hall. |, September 13, 2020 For years the Boy Scots have been under the government microscope and finally ... See full summary », Over the course of 2 years, a police officer turned filmmaker and his wife traveled the United States and brought together experts and current/former law-enforcement officers in an effort ... See full summary ». Urination, juvenile behavior and the like. | Rating: 1/4 So what does he do? | Rating: 1/5 View production, box office, & company info, Rated PG-13 for crude and sexual content and language, How Star Wars: The Force Awakens Is Kicking It Old School. For me, I look at his past endeavors as a producer and cringe. Were the filmmakers really so wedded to every scene they couldn't find 15 minutes to cut? Of course, any movie featuring a cameo by legendary Him-Bo David Hasselhoff, ex-wrestler Roddy Piper, CHiP's actor Erik Estrada, AND diminutive Webster star Emmauel Lewis should have been suspect from the get-go. The plot was horrible. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. I have no idea why it's rated soo damn low! We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future. |, April 30, 2007 Only this would explain Kickin’ It Old Skool’s reliance on insulting jokes that chiefly diss Asian-Americans and the mentally-challenged, which is troubling for a film whose hook had promised a comedy taking aim at the Me Generation. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. |, February 20, 2008 Then she turns 39 and realises there's something she's been missing...a baby. But before long, I found myself distracted from my Pabst Blue Ribbon and game of cards and actively watching this one. In the PG-13-rated comedy Kickin It Old Skool, a man (Kennedy) wakes up in a drastically changed world after being put into a coma 20 years earlier by a freak break-dancing accident. A young breakdancer wakes up from a 20-year coma and tries to revive his team’s career with the help of his girlfriend and his parents. The rest of the humor might turn off the older crowd, because it has a youth focus. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. (as Simon 'Young' Marlow), director of photography (as Robert Stevens), second assistant makeup artist (uncredited), special effects assistant: Techt advisor (segment "K.I.T.T. A group of students travel to a remote and sacred Native American patch of land, in order to complete a thesis on Native American Folklore.