Mix all ingredients together until smooth, using the minimum amount of liquid. Yes, it was the best banana bread I have ever tasted. Copyright © Thanks Vanessa, they area really nice muffin. Banana Crumb Muffins are the best banana muffins ever and I am being completely honest with you. For the topping, in a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, and cinnamon. King Arthur Baking Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Remove from the pan and enjoy warm. Note: If desired top with a powdered sugar drizzle after muffins are cool. The recipe says to use butter or margarine. Whisk the banana mixture into the flour mixture. Made these muffins just before my husband came home from work. Get recipes, tips and NYT special offers delivered straight to your inbox. The house smells wonderful as well. If you keep them in the refrigerator, you can reheat the muffins in a microwave for about 6-8 seconds before serving. And it went on to say how there was a Junior Competition at the local fairs put on by King Arthur Flour where these muffins had to be made. May I ask how long will the bake time be? It is a digital cookbook and cooking guide alike, available on all platforms, that helps home cooks of every level discover, save and organize the world’s best recipes, while also helping them become better, more competent cooks. Because sometimes, you just have to gild the lily. Yes, it was the best banana bread I have ever tasted. The bananas in the United States are usually much bigger than the ones found in Asia, about 4 ounces in weight each. Use ripe bananas. Hi Lee, I am not sure. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. I just finished baking and savouring my first bite. This is our new favorite. Featured in: | Support I know not everyone can access the New York Times without a subscription, so you might not be able to see this article entitled “Heating Up Ovens For the State Fair.” It was written by Andreea Zimmerman after she spent the afternoon with the Cwikla family in Connecticut as the daughter, Anna Marie baked for the fair. The recipe is so easy no special equipment is needed. Please enable Cookies, MASTERCOOK 2020 PRO HEALTHCARE/FOODSERVICE, 1/2 cup King Arthur unbleached all-purpose flour, 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, room temperature, 1 1/2 cups King Arthur unbleached all-purpose flour. Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter YouTube LinkedIn. When it comes to baking, I use King Arthur … First of all, they’re perfectly good without it, but if you’re not eating the muffins warm, right away, and give them a chance to cool enough for the glaze, let’s just say, you won’t be sorry! They were moist, had great banana flavor and we loved the crumb topping. May I ask how long will the bake time be? The easy recipe, which doesn't require any special equipment – just a couple of bowls – was adapted from one originally developed by a 9-year old named Meghan Cwikla. They are definitely the BEST banana crumb muffins ever! Yes, this is the King Arthur Flour’s banana crumb muffins … You can keep freshly baked muffins for up to 2-3 days, wrapped up in aluminum foil or a tightly sealed plastic bag. Just wondering can the butter be replaced by olive oil ?I am trying to avoid saturated fat. Refrigerate while preparing muffin batter. If you know what recipes you are going to bake with your bananas, rather than chucking the bananas in whole where they take up so much room, add the right amount to a Ziploc, mash them right inside (with a tablespoon of lemon juice if you don’t want them to brown) then flatten them out so it stores easily. Thanks! | Testimonials Whisk together and set aside for 10 minutes. Add butter or margarine and mix with a fork or pastry cutter until crumbly and most of the crumbs are pea-sized. Using hands, arrange coarse, pea-sized crumbs over muffin batter. 💗. This is now my “go to” recipe for banana muffins! Combine the yogurt, egg, oil, mashed banana, sugar, and oat bran in a bowl. They serve their purpose. Work the topping ingredients together until the mixture is crumbly. But when I do, that muffin either has to be really good and/or serve a specific purpose. Mix well. Check out my Recipe Index, follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and sign up for FREE email newsletter. All Rights Reserved, Javascript is required. I don’t know about you, but I always seem to have bananas in my freezer. This is a slightly adapted King Arthur Flour recipe. Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done with a cake tester. Maybe I need to deviate more often, lol!! loading... X. Hi, thanks for the awesome recipe . This is our new favorite. Sep 21, 2019 - A hearty loaf of banana bread is an excellent way to use up a pile of leftover bananas, but sometimes you want a lighter option These tender banana muffins are crowned with a delightfully crunchy cinnamon crumb … I was pretty intrigued with that because I love to make oatmeal and often have some leftover in the fridge. For an afternoon tea party, I recommend the following sweet treats to go with the muffins. Bake for 40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Your email address will not be published. It’s so moist . I love it that these muffins are not overly sweet, so the crumb topping adds an extra layer of sweetness to the muffins, making them absolutely delightful. I removed my other muffin recipe and replaced it with this one. Most of the recipes I make take three bananas; it seems to be a “standard” measurement for things like muffins, banana bread, and cake. A tad too sweet for me. That eliminates the possibility of bringing any “peskies” into the house. My vote’s always for butter even if it does cost a bit more. They will ensure that your muffins are moist. You don’t even need a stand mixer or electric beater, just mix and stir everything together in a bowl with hands! Your email address will not be published. Rasa Malaysia contains affiliate links and sponsored posts. Then, it holds its shape so much better than if it’s just refrigerated or left at room temperature. Scoop into the prepared muffin cups, filling them almost full; the muffins won't rise much. I bet this is totally delish with a morning cuppa joe. If you are in Asia, double up on the bananas or make sure you measure the weight of the bananas to match the recipe. I made these last night, and they are fantastic! One is a recipe to use up leftover oatmeal. Put aside while preparing muffin batter. —The New York Times. Moist, tender, and banana-y, these muffins represent comfort food at its best. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Hi Kim, thanks for trying this banana crumb muffins. As a matter of fact, it’s not unusual to see frozen streusel in my freezer – when I like a recipe and know I’ll be making it again, soon,  I’ll double the streusel and after it’s hardened in the freezer, put half of it in a Ziploc. Required fields are marked *. Rasa Malaysia © 2002–2020 Bee Interactive Corp, « GoWISE® USA 3.7-Quart Programmable Air Fryer Giveaway (CLOSED). I haven’t mentioned it for a while, but anytime I bring any flour or flour-based items into my home, they go right into the freezer for three days. It’s not very often that you’ll see me post a muffin recipe. First of all, it’s very simple to make; secondly, they consist of everyday ingredients that you already have in your pantry. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Hi bee,just wanna ask about the crumb,i might doing it wrong way cause it doesnt come out crunchy but its like sticky on top ,is the butter should be melted first before adding to flour brown sugar and cinnamon? This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Just wondering can the butter be replaced by olive oil ?I am trying to avoid saturated fat. Next, time I will just reduce the sugar . And that’s where these marvelous muffins, King Arthur Banana Streusel Muffins come in. slightly adapted from King Arthur Flour, via the New York Times. Welcome! I can’t guarantee results if the ingredients are replaced. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This year I used King Arthur’s 2018 award-winning recipe for banana bread. Learn how your comment data is processed. Hi i am wandering if this recipe will alright to bake in a loaf pan instead of muffins. Remove from the oven and let rest in the pan for 5 minutes. For the muffins, in large bowl, combine dry ingredients. 2020 Click "Show Link" to generate a url you can copy and paste to your favorite social media site, personal website, blog, etc to share. Then I’d stock up. Whisk the banana mixture into the flour mixture. Try easydelicious.recipes. The original recipe was a blue-ribbon-winner in the … Welcome! ©2020 MasterCook. Check out my Recipe Index, follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and sign up for FREE email newsletter. You can also keep them in the refrigerator. There are many toppings that you can can add to your muffins but I love this topping idea that combines brown sugar, flour and ground cinnamon as the crumb. 1/2 cup King Arthur unbleached all-purpose flour; 1/4 cup sugar; 1 teaspoon cinnamon; 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, room temperature These are wonderful banana muffins! No part of the content (digital photographs, recipes, articles, etc.) Cool in pan 5-10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). I don’t recommend freezing. | Terms of Use, MasterCook™ is a registered trademark of ValuSoft Finance. Mix well. NYT Cooking is a subscription service of The New York Times. I made these last night, and they are fantastic! Bake the muffins for 20 to 24 minutes, until the muffins are set and browned. You can also use a toaster oven to reheat the muffins. Try easydelicious.recipes. This is now my “go to” recipe for banana muffins! I love a super easy muffin recipe like this one, and I especially love a recipe that doesn’ t need to have buttermilk, which I hate buying. No part of the content (digital photographs, recipes, articles, etc.) These Banana Crumb Muffins are the best banana muffins ever, with crunchy and sweet crumbs. ☕️. Apart, it’s:so simple . Scoop into the prepared muffin cups, filling them almost full; the muffins won't rise much. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. No offense intended to any chemists out there! Subscribe now for full access. I followed the ingredients and instructions exactly. Add your email to follow all my fabulously frugal food adventures! For the topping, in a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar and cinnamon. Can't spell Rasa Malaysia? I’m glad, though, that I came across that old recipe…and I hope you’ll be glad, too, if you give these a shot. Remove from the pan and enjoy warm. Imagine buttery, aromatic and moist banana muffins with crunchy sweet crumbs and topping that add sweetness and texture to banana muffins.