There’s not too much trial and error now that the fish are on the beds. You will be glad you did. With water temperatures still very hot there has not been any further movement into the creeks, and the best activity remains early and late on the main lake. i fish almost every day.  In recent years Lake Wylie has started to gain recognition as an up and coming blue catfish fishery. View Profile View Forum Posts Visit Homepage View Articles … Lake Norman and Lake Wateree both have some striper and hybrid striper action and they all have very solid largemouth bass populations. I love doing this because it seems to catch larger fish. Sign up to get exclusive fishing reports and special offers delivered directly to your inbox. That fisherman might not catch a bass, but I guarantee you he has put the fish in that area on notice. Of coarse they are eating other fish too! Bass Fishing & Custom Truck Build With Britt Myers (Season 3 Ep:2) - Duration: 39:19. What’s the best bait for bedding bass? They guide on Wylie and Norman. Topwater baits lake buzzbaits, Whopper Ploppers and walking baits are all working, and fish can also be caught on jigs and big worms around docks. While later in the season bait and then fish will be grouped up in the main channel on the lower end, for now they are only starting to move that way. As it gets colder the fish will get easier to catch and bigger, and they will also group up tighter. I have pulled up with customers in a cove and caught the limit right off a tree or shallow brush pile. Coastal Angler Magazine and our interior (freshwater) publication, The Angler Magazine, are monthly editions dedicated to fishing, boating, and outdoor enthusiasts. Surface water temperatures in the morning are down to about 71 degrees and the lake is turning over in some areas. There is no doubt that bass fishing is improved on Lake Wylie, and tournament angler Reid McGinn of Fort Mill reports that overall fish seem to be biting pretty well. AHQ INSIDER Lake Wylie (NC/SC) Fall 2019 Fishing Report – Updated December 9. by Jay; 09 December, 2019; December 9 . Above Buster Boyd is muddy while below the bridge is fairly clear. Bass don’t get big by being stupid. There is a significant amount of debris in the water from recent rains. The water remains relatively clear. In the Thursday Night Tournament Trail championship the winner had about 14 pounds per day, but second place was in the 10-11 pound range. They’re on the bank. Learn more. They guide on Wylie and Norman. The lake remains relatively clear, although there are some slightly stained areas in the creeks. There are still some fish in deeper areas in 18-23 feet. There have been some big flatheads caught recently. 4 Rivers Orvis Fly-Shop.  While the focus will primarily be on Lake Wylie because it is my “home lake” over time as I roam I’ll cover other bodies of water as well and document my fishing excursions and any tips I find. The Lake Wylie catfish bite still rates as “very good”, and Captain Rodger Taylor (803-517-7828) reports that fish still haven’t gotten into a winter pattern. This is taking place on both the main lake and in the creeks. Overall bass fishing has been a little tough on Lake Wylie, and tournament angler Reid McGinn of Fort Mill reports that in the recent CATT tournament 13 pounds was good for the win. The best bet for blues is drifting, and 20-25 feet is a good range to probe. The lake has some stain to it.  Lake Wylie fishing is primarily driven by catfish and largemouth bass. Crankbaits, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits, and Alabama rigs will all catch fish. Take a kid fishing! There are also some fish relating to docks in both areas, and the birds can also point you in the right direction. Also, keep your eyes open for fish signs off main lake points. FEBRUARY Lake Wateree Crappie. Are you in the know? Lake Wylie is at 97.6% of full pool, and water temperatures are in the mid-50s. Catfishing is great in April. Keep a diary! They will be near white perch and feeding on them. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. If you are less into the beach and more into the mountains, again a 3-4 hour car ride will put you into the Great Smokey Mountains. All of the better fish recently have come on cut shad anchored in shallow water, particularly up the creeks. Lake Wylie fishing offers up some great blue and channel catfish fishing, but for some of the best blue catfish water in the world, the Santee-Cooper lakes are within range as well. Lake Wylie is at 97.2% of full pool. The topwater bite has been improving, with the best activity still early and late. While numbers have been good tournament weights have been low, but it took a better 15-pound bag to win yesterday and so there are signs that some bigger fish are starting to bite. Lake Wylie is at 96.6% of full pool. The Lake Wylie catfish bite rates as “very good”, but Captain Rodger Taylor (803-517-7828) reports that fish still haven’t gotten into a winter pattern. Capt. There are some groups of fish up shallow eating bream, and bass can also be caught around docks on jigs or big worms. Their goal is to make your outing fun and enjoyable. Underspins have also been working pretty well, and there has also been a good jig bite around docks. Capt. You can pick up your area’s local edition at over 11,000 marine specific businesses, retail outlets or big box stores. Lake Wylie Bait Shops. The mid-lake may be fishing a little better than the lower end right now, and it may take a cold snap to make the bait and fish group up in a tight band in deeper water on the lower end. PRESS RELEASE January 21, 2019 Your outdoor adventures begin at the Progressive® Insurance Louisville Boat RV & Sport show® January 23-27, 2019! American Legion Lake 6.7 miles. Reel in the big fish with one of our handpicked fishing reels.  The Cherokee Indians have a hatchery system in Cherokee NC that is out of this world for sustainability and they stock some streams on a very frequent basis. If you are looking for Bass, Crappie or Catfishing they can provide this service at a reasonable price. However, the bulk of the fish seem to be waiting on cooler water before moving too far in. Powered by Pinboard Theme by One Designs and WordPress, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Davidson River Fly Fishing Trip – 08/21/15. Walking baits, Whopper Ploppers and buzzbaits and are all working for shallow fish. Lake Wylie Bait Shops, Tackle Shops, Fishing Reports, and Fishing Charters (South Carolina) 3.0 4. Water temperatures are rising again on Lake Wylie, and without seasonal cooling tournament bass angler Reid McGinn of Fort Mill reports that fishing is pretty tough. Captain Jim Durham, owner of Captain Jim Fishing including StriperFun Guide... Read More . Surface water temperatures in the morning are in the mid-80s, rising to the high-80s by afternoon. Jerry Neeley – Writes the Wylie forecast ~ www.carolinasfishing.com ~ 704-867-5113. In addition to the creeks there are still plenty of fish on the main lake, and in both locations spinnerbaits and buzzbaits are working pretty well. Still, electronics are very important right now. Join AHQ Premier for unlimited Free Shipping & access to the AHQ Report. The best fishing has been in the 16-22 foot range, and while there is tons of small bait in the shallows the overabundance seems to make it harder to catch fish there.  I have some personal tips for a great place to stay somewhat off the beaten path here and when I get to it I’ll be happy to share any local knowledge I have with the community at large (Except for my favorite gps coordinates!!). Lake Wylie is at 96.7% of full pool. Slow down and fish. Jerry’s Fishing Guide Service is a service that has more than forty years of fishing experience. They are usually easy to catch. Some of the largest catfish are caught in this month trolling in the creeks. The best pattern seems to be fishing Alabama rigs and jerkbaits in 8-18 feet of water for suspended fish. Thanks for visiting the best fishing guide service on Lake Wylie and Lake Norman. Allison Creek 5.4 miles. As is often the case on Wylie, there are also fish related to docks and so don’t be afraid to fish a jig around them.  While they are a stretch for a day trip, there are charter and headboats available along the coast and they provide some excellent opportunity for spanish mackerel, king mackerel and redfish (red drum) as well as some larger fish like tuna and mahi-mahi on a regular basis. With over 1 million print readers per month and the industry’s most expansive distribution network, we have emerged as one of the largest outdoor publications in the United States and abroad, thus solidifying our place as a preferred resource. I have a few places that hold spawning fish. See how and where the big ones …, I traveled from Europe to Africa and beyond. Numbers are pretty good but normally there would have been some monsters caught by the end of October, and Rodger has mainly been catching lots of 8-14 pound blues with some fish up to the low 20s. As you can see there are a lot of ways to catch crappie in April. Prospecting on deep flats and ledges there have been some small fish, and lots of birds and bait, but the better fish still seem to be shallow. There is a significant amount of debris in the water from recent rains. Chris Nichols fishes out of a 22 foot Sea Pro Center Console Bay Boat equipped with all the latest technology. Right now it’s hard to get a big bite, but small fish are feeding relatively well. There is also starting to be a jigging spoon bite. Follow us and be up to date with upcoming giveaways & outdoor news! Overall Captain Rodger Taylor (803-517-7828) reports that the blue catfish bite is fair, mainly because fish are so scattered right now. Surface water temperatures in the morning are in the upper 70s.