I genuinely love this multitool. Condition is "Used". The FREE P2 pocket clip is also removable if you want to just carry it like a pocket knife; the pocket clip on the Skeletool CX is attached with a rivet. I have 6 of their multitools and this will be my last. My mother need to cut the excess wire and I quickly went for my new Leatherman. Purchased directly from Leatherman as a gift that was never given. How does it stack up to the competition? Needlenose pliers2. There were multiple times where I would be working and realize I needed pliers to complete the job. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. The Skeletool CX wire cutters are forged with the pliers head and have small 5/32″ blades while the FREE P2 uses 154CM replaceable steel blades that are 1/4″ long. The Skeletool CX has only the most necessary of multi-tool features, because sometimes that's all you need. The Skeletool CX by Leather man has only the most necessary of multi-tool features, because sometimes that's all you need. If yours does have a problem you can rely on Leatherman’s 25 year warranty to get it fixed. With the FREE P2 you have 1.5″ of reach before the handles interfere. First Aid Only 299 Piece All-Purpose First Aid Kit (FAO-442). Hard wire cutters4. Regular pliers3. Can't believe it, first time using the wire cutters. Das Skeletool CX beschränkt sich auf die wichtigsten Multi-Tool-Funktionen, denn manchmal braucht man einfach nicht mehr. If anything, the magnets help keep the filings and grit away from the pivots and messing up the action. I called leatherman and they said i would have to pay to ship it to them and they may be able to fix it and it would take up to two months... very poor customer service from leatherman. The Skeletool CX has only the most necessary of multi-tool features, because sometimes that’s all you need. Other than it being folded away and you have to open it when you need it, the bottle opener is just as easy to use on the FREE P2 as it is on the Skeletool. Came in either already broken or leatherman has just gone cheap now days. We were able to cut zip ties cleanly in one snip and 550 paracord with two snips. las pinzas tienen muy buen agarre y no se doblan al aplicar fuerza. Even though it is slightly larger and heavier, the FREE P2 packs additional functions that make the trade-off worthwhile. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges. When Leatherman launched the Skeletool line in 2007, multi tool manufacturers were competing with each other to include the highest number of tools possible on their designs. Das Leatherman Skeletool CX konzentriert sich auf das Wesentliche...und sieht dabei so cool aus. The Skeletool CX has only the most necessary of multitool features, because sometimes that's all you need. The Skeletool CX has only the most necessary of multi-tool features, because sometimes that's all you need. We like that the spring action re-opens the jaws to about a 50° angle and you can manually open them further if needed. Since that time the stainless steel Skeletool comes with a combo edge and the CX has a straight edge blade in 154CM blade steel. Excelente material, diseño y muy practica. The sleek new Leatherman Skeletool CX gets you back to basics very cool basics. FREE P2 vs Skeletool CX – Screwdrivers: No surprise, we greatly prefer the flexibility and performance of the bit driver on the Skeletool CX. You can pick up a Skeletool CX for significantly cheaper on Amazon – check current prices. Proudly made in Portland, Oregon. 4.9. The Skeletool has just seven essential tools and packages them in a 4.2 inch, 5 ounce frame that is easy to carry with the pocket clip. It is a great utility tool crafted from high quality and study materials for professional and tourism lovers alike. The Skeletool CX by Leatherman is the answer. It's not as good as it's bigger brothers but it's comfy and durable! Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. With a 154 cm stainless steel blade, pliers, bit driver, pocket clip and carabiner/bottle opener, you're set. Scissors are one of the tools I use the most when I have them and simply work better than a knife blade for making precise cuts. I don’t recommend the Skeletool CX as a survival knife where you will be batoning the blade, but it does work well as an EDC general purpose knife. The Skeletool CX has only the most necessary of multitool features, because sometimes that's all you need. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. Wood/metal file9. This is my 3rd skeletool. $119.99. 1. Leatherman carried the weight-cutting design elements into the knife blade with three holes that also serve as decoration. This is my 3rd skeletool. Copyright © 2020-2020 Multi Tool Mountain | All Rights Reserved, link to Gifts For Guys - 5 Top Rated MultiTools, link to Leatherman Discounts for Military, First Responders & More, what is an awl and how to use it correctly. The good: -Tool is lightweight and easily clips on and off of belt loop. These things are amazing! The sleek new Skeletool CX gets you back to basics... very cool basics. Leatherman FREE P2 Problems: After carrying the FREE P2 over the past year I have to say there is not much to complain about with this tool. Sure, I believe it, but I don't use the pliers for any work that puts that kind of stress on it. The replaceable blades are the same one used on the heavy-duty Surge so you can use them all you want and replace the blades if they get damaged. The knife comes out of the box very sharp which is always a plus. The Leatherman Skeletool CX is an ultra-light,full-size multi-tool with a knife blade made with premium 154CM steel. 1. With a 154CM stainless steel blade, pliers, bit driver, pocket clip, and carabiner/bottle opener, you're set. The difference between the Skeletool and the Skeletool CX is the CX is a bit lighter, however the CX has a straight blade where the original has a straight blade with a serrated section which is great. The receiver of this gift is a farmer and he uses it almost daily. Nice tool! This is a used tool that is in good condition. Wire cutters5. The opposite handle has a friction fit slot to hold a spare bit and it will hold any of the flats bits from Leatherman so you can customize it for the bits you use most. FREE P2 vs Skeletool CX – Knife Blade: Despite the upgraded blade steel on the Skeletool CX, this comparison is closer than it looks. I have owned this for 6 years and sadly lost it recently and I feel like I lost my best friend. The FREE P2 has a can opener that looks like it should work if you need it, and the bottle opener is on the shank of the Phillips driver. The sleek Leatherman Skeletool CX gets you back to basics... very cool basics. If size and weight are at a premium, the Skeletool CX edges out the FREE P2. The blades meet precisely and cut cleanly. Except for the scissors, awl and pry tool the other tools on the FREE P2 are unremarkable: Leatherman Skeletool CX – Carabiner: With the Skeletool CX you have additional carry options using the carabiner. The blade... this knife has it all... high quality, durable build that you'd expect from Leatherman, and absolutely stunning finish. 21 users rated this 5 out of 5 stars 21. Am I glad to have done that! With a 154CM stainless steel blade, pliers, bit driver, pocket clip and carabiner/bottle opener, you're set. Please use a different way to share. Leatherman Product #830845 Skeletool Stainless Steel combo edge 420HC steel, Leatherman Product #830849 Skeletool CX straight edge 154CM steel, Leatherman Product #831788 Skeletool SX combo edge 420HC steel, Leatherman Product #832198 Skeletool Coyote Tan combo edge 420HC steel, Leatherman Product #832199 Skeletool Green combo edge 420HC steel, Leatherman Product #832200 Skeletool Blue combo edge 420HC steel, Leatherman Product #832306 Skeletool RX fully serrated 154CM steel, Leatherman Product #832419 Skeletool Topo combo edge 420HC steel, Leatherman Product #832627 Skeletool Stainless Steel & Black Oxide combo edge 420HC steel. The magnets also hold the other tools in place, which makes them much easier to open than the ‘nail buster’ nail nicks and nail grooves on other multi tools. The FREE P2 is fun to fidget with and will bring attention when you use it in public. But having one-hand capability is really a game changer. Pliers broke right out of the box. We are sorry. I've had it for about 3 years now... and it is holding up really well. It is compact and easy to use for light-duty work. While I talked up the tool I could not get the wire to cut and would jam up. The FREE P2 puts the scissors opposite the knife blade and both are one-hand opening, along with the pliers. We are compensated for referring traffic and business to Amazon and other companies linked to on this site. Awl12. I never used it to carry the tool from a belt loop – not my style – but the carabiner came in handy a couple of times when I was working on a ladder. The first was great and I am still using it, I wanted this one because I liked the color pattern more than the blue one I had. Whether he is an outdoor sportsman, home handyman, technology geek or just an average Joe - there is a multitool that he will love. So it is more of a side note that Leatherman did not include a can opener on the Skeletool CX and just went with a bottle opener on the carabiner. Can opener13. After that your pretty prepared for about... Nice tool! Please try again. It is compact and easy to use for light-duty work. Me gustó mucho la multiherramienta la recomiendo al 100%. Leatherman Skeletool. There is always the same amount of resistance to open the pliers handles that doesn’t change with wear. Wire Cutters, 5. This is the non serrated correct? These networks cater to military service members, law... Hello I'm Dan Sawyer, the guy behind Multi Tool Mountain. They are still releasing new models of pocket knives but no new multi tools since the launch. Leatherman was smart and beefed up the Phillips and medium flathead drivers to a 1/8″ shank thickness, matching the thickness of their proprietary flat bits. At a mere five ounces, this new, full-size multitool features the essentials. SKELETOOL® CX An ultra-light, full-size multi-tool with a knife blade made with premium 154CM steel.The sleek Leatherman Skeletool CX gets you back to basics… very cool basics. They start thicker, taper to a narrower tip, open wider and have longer jaws with more reach. Leatherman FREE P2: Leatherman launched the FREE series with drop-point knife blades, perhaps they are moving away from the clip-point style they have used for decades. It quickly became my go-to tool for those odd jobs instead of using a dull screwdriver or risk my knife tip. Have a question? LEATHERMAN - Skeletool CX Multi-Tool, Stainless Steel with Nylon Sheath + Leatherman 42 Piece Bit Kit Set + Leatherman Bit Driver Extender 4.7 out of 5 stars 95. Sure, I believe it, but I don't use the pliers for any work that puts that kind of stress on it. Es una multiherramienta que para su tamaño y material es ligera, se siente de buena calidad y bien ensamblada al abrir la hoja o las pinzas no tiene ningún tipo de juego tiene un embellecedor de fibra de carbono real es un bonito detalle las pinzas cierran perfectamente a... Es una multiherramienta que para su tamaño y material es ligera, se siente de buena calidad y bien ensamblada al abrir la hoja o las pinzas no tiene ningún tipo de juego tiene un embellecedor de fibra de carbono real es un bonito detalle las pinzas cierran perfectamente a tal punto que puedes coger un papel.