It looks tasty, I want to try it! 1/4 cup water Add the minced garlic, dried thyme, and paprika and cook about 2 minutes more. Simmer until it’s hot and slightly thickened, about 15-20 minutes. Serve hot. Boil until the leaves are semisoft, about 10 minutes. I actually have nothing against brown rice I just somehow missed that step in the directions! This cabbage lasagna is as tasty as it sounds. 1 can (15 oz.) . You can enjoy it absolutely guilt free and trust me, once you take a bite you won’t be able to stop devouring this phenomenal dish. It can not get better then that. Drain the cabbage in a colander set in the kitchen sink and let cool while you make the ground pork stuffing. 2 cups mozzarella cheese. This amazing dish is a fun mashup of lasagna and stuffed cabbage. Pour the white sauce over the cabbage and sprinkle with reserved cheese. Layer another 1/3 of the cabbage leaves over the stuffing and add the remaining meat stuffing. Sprinkle with salt and spread half the ground meat over the cabbage. Thank you for your interest in my dishes . tomato sauce Add 1 cup of marinara sauce, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. If you love cabbage like I do it should become your must try baking dish. Would you like to get an easy recipe for ground pork? 1 tbsp finely minced garlic I am happy to share my recipes with you . You get all the taste, texture and flavors of the stuffed cabbage but with a fraction of work. Season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat; add ground beef and cook until it’s browned and cooked through, breaking it apart as it cooks. ( Log Out /  Apr 17, 2012 - The domain name 'brk.to' is parked at Register.TO Domain Registrar Add the cabbage leaves and return to a boil. Then add the diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, and ground beef. 1 large onion, chopped fine Directions: I am happy to share my recipes with you , cabbage leaf lasagna is wonderful! Thank you Alyssa, Ooh. And did I mention this lasagna is very low carb? This low carb lasagna made with cabbage is awesome. Layers of chopped cabbage leaves and made from scratch meat sauce with melty mozzarella cheese (you can use not just mozzarella but ricotta or parmesan or even a mixture of it) and topped with marinara sauce. I’m glad! 95% lean ground beef I recommend letting it cool slightly before slicing. Thanks for visiting Reagan Rambler! Cover tightly with foil and bake 40 minutes, or until the mixture is just starting to bubble on the edges. Cover the dish with parchment paper. Place 2-3 cabbage leaves on the bottom of medium-sized bowl. Got this from SkinnyTaste (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/kalyns-stuffed-cabbage-casserole.html), and will definitely be making it again soon! Feel free to add it in and look at the original recipe. The addition of fragrant onions, basil, balsamic vinegar and sweet carrots really balances out all the flavors of this mouthwatering filling. Time to serving. Cover with the remaining cabbage leaves. Organize the cabbage leaves into three piles. This cabbage lasagna is as tasty as it sounds. can be made from any of your favorite ground meat like turkey, chicken, pork and beef. Ingredients: She says of this recipe, "When I have leftover meat from a stew, I grind it and freeze it.... With ground pork, I make a pork and cabbage lasagna: layers of ground meat and cabbage leaves with a white sauce on top. Finish with the cabbage leaves. Layer 1/3 of the cabbage leaves in a buttered 3-quart rectangular or oval ovenproof baking dish. Home » Recipes » Lasagna » Cabbage Lasagna . Discard the tough outer cabbage leaves. Take the cabbage lasagna out, spread the remaining 1/2 cup of marinara and add some cheese on top. Change ). The recipe is easy, extravirgin, delicious and absolutely foolproof. While it simmers, cut cabbage in half, cut out the core, and remove any wilted outer leaves; chop the cabbage coarsely into 1 inch pieces. Guilt-free way to get your italian fix in. . Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. But the result is a phenomenal cabbage lasagna that will please even the pickiest eaters. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cabbage lasagna recipe easy is perfect for breakfast. I will definitely cook it! ( Log Out /  Oh, I love low carb cabbage lasagna.Cook it every holiday. Because the pork is already cooked, this is a relatively quick dish to prepare." I think this is a good cross between lasagne and cabbage rolls with a very appetizing appearance. Remove the hard core from the center of cabbage. Be sure to feed this dish to all your family and friends . Set aside 2 tablespoons of grated cheese. petite dice tomatoes with juice Place a baking tray on top of the bowl and flip the lasagna cake pie onto it. This stuffed cabbage lasagna is nice. Because living healthy means feeling good, feeling good means looking good, and looking good means living longer. 2 tsp olive oil, divided No need to waste minutes and roll individual little pieces when you can form a gorgeous lasagna and save a ton of time and effort. This recipe cabbage roll lasagna is awesome. Using a small pointed knife to help disengage the leaves, gently separate the remaining leaves from the stalk. Heat remaining olive oil in a large frying pan or dutch oven; add the cabbage and cook over medium-high heat until the cabbage is wilted and about half cooked, turning it over several times so it all wilts and cooks. Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground pepper, and hot pepper flakes. Organize the cabbage leaves into three piles. I live in sunny Florida with my family, a feisty chihuahua mix named Bandit and rampant gators roaming around my backyard on a regular basis. It’s so nice! Bake the casserole in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes; discard the parchment, and continue cooking uintil the cheese browns slightly. Layers of chopped cabbage leaves and made from scratch meat sauce with melty mozzarella cheese (you can use not just mozzarella but ricotta or parmesan or even a mixture of it) and topped with marinara sauce. Spread a generous amount of meat sauce onto the cabbage leaves, and add some mozzarella. Using a wooden spoon, whisk the egg into the ground meat with the remaining cheese. Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray and the layer half the cabbage, half the meat mixture, remaining cabbage, and remaining meat mixture. Add ground meat and cook for 10 more minutes, stirring, and breaking the meat with spoon. Total Carbohydrate Sprinkle with salt and spread half the ground meat over the cabbage. Add carrots and cook for another 5 minutes. Repeat layers until you ran out of sauce and most of the cheese (reserve a little for topping). ( Log Out /  Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Spread 1/2 cup of marinara sauce on top and bake at 350F for 30 minutes. dried thyme Continue until the entire cabbage is peeled and all of the leaves are cooked through. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and brown the ground meat for 2 minutes; add the onion, garlic, tomato paste, and tomato sauce and stir. 1/2 tsp. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Heat remaining olive oil in a large frying pan or dutch oven; add the cabbage and cook over medium-high heat until the cabbage is wilted and about half cooked, turning it over several times so it all wilts and cooks. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. (My dish was 13″ x 10″) http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/kalyns-stuffed-cabbage-casserole.html.