My son asked what this was called because he has had it in a restaurant before. Lamb curries are best if they are cooked slowly so the lamb is really tender, which means this is a great meal to make when you are going to be at home for a few hours before you plan to eat. When it is hot, add the bay leaves, cardamom pods and cinnamon stick. If you do make it with chicken, you don't have to cook it for as long either, although cooking it slowly will help all the flavours to develop. She loves easy healthy recipes that taste great and often involve spices. The only thing I did different was to add more coconut milk, about double to what the recipe said. It also serves a number of people, making a roast lamb more economical for large families. and popped them both in the fridge to make this tasty Lamb and Spinach Curry the following night. This tasty lamb and spinach curry is slow cooked to make the meat super tender. . 07 Sep 2015, Definitely will make again. Cook for about half a minute then add the onion and green chillies. They are really easy to make so do check them out as well! Small chunk of ginger, peeled with a teaspoon and chopped, ~3 cups leftover roast lamb, roughly chopped, Leftover vegetables if you have them (i.e. You definitely cannot beat good curry and the homemade one is the way too go for sure. I'm a busy mum with 2 young children and am always trying to tempt them to try new things.  -  Remember to enjoy thrifty roast leftovovers! I love curry and I can just smell how delicious this is. If you've never made your own curry then just have a go at this easy lamb and spinach curry and I'm sure you'll be a convert. Love the look of your lamb saag Corina and as lunch time approaches I could definitely do with a nice portion x, I'm so pleased you like it Jo! I didn't know if was National Curry week and I'm unfortunately not making my own this week, but we are going out for a curry on Friday so hopefully I can be forgiven! Yes, you do need a few spices, but this easy lamb and spinach curry is a great one to start with as it doesn't have a really long list of ingredients and the spices it does contain are ones that are very widely used in other recipes too. The only thing I did different was to add more coconut milk, about double to what the recipe said. I used leftover leg of lamb I slow cooked the night before. Why not also check out my recipe collection for easy spicy recipes that are perfect for midweek. After dinner, I popped the leftover roast lamb and greens into one container and the leftover roasted potatoes into another (it wouldn’t all fit in one!) If all you have is the leftover roast lamb and nothing else, then that’s fine too.  -  Add a splash of water if you think it might be a little dry. The lamb was completely delicious cooked with olives, tomatoes, anchovies and white wine. Any leftover lamb saag will keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to three days. roasted potatoes, steamed peas or beans) – about 2 cups, 1 cup lentils (I used Puy lentils but red lentils would be perfect), 2 cups spinach, finely chopped (or you could use silverbeet). Love all your international dishes you've been making recently, including this one! If you have any gentleman that are like my dad and are super fussy and think that rice is ‘bird food’ then try this recipe. if your not a fan of peppers as i .I cut back to only 1 small pepper and it still overpowered all the flavours shame really was looking forward to try it. I love lamb curry and your version sounds really delicious. Thank you! About 5 minutes to read this article. Something went wrong. I used leftover leg of lamb I slow cooked the night before. Please try again. Heat a little oil in a saucepan. I love to get feedback from readers. Ingredients 1 tsp vegetable oil ½ onion 1 clove garlic 2 tsp curry powder 1 tsp turmeric powder 2 tsp plain flour 150 g leftover roast lamb (diced into 1 cm cubes) 240 ml lamb or chicken … My son asked what this was called because he has had it in a restaurant before. I love easy healthy recipes that taste great. Corina Blum is a busy mum with 2 young children. Lamb leftovers are transformed into an aromatic and flavourful curry in under an hour with this great recipe. I'm Corina and this is the place where I share my recipes. Put the ginger, garlic and onions into a food processor and whiz to form a paste. So you can see where I’m going here with this thrifty thing…. and then add the paste, chillies and a pinch of salt. 18 Comments 956 words. Stir in the lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper and one can of water (I like to fill the tomato can with water to ensure all of the tomato bits aren’t wasted). https://www.olivemagazine.com/.../meat-and-poultry/lamb-and-spinach-curry Cook Blog Share hosted by Cat at Curly's Cooking. Serve with rice or Indian bread with a little chopped fresh coriander on the top. 27 Sep 2015, if your not a fan of peppers as i .I cut back to only 1 small pepper and it still overpowered all the flavours shame really was looking forward to try it More often than not this ’leftover’ dinner also turns into another lunch. You can also freeze any leftovers for up to three months. The Importance of Self-Care & Filling Your Cup... Breastfeeding Louie…from overfeeding to weaning. I wish I had some left now as the leftovers were so good too! x. Cook and stir for 1 minute until popped. And thanks for hosting #cookblogshare too! Any leftovers are almost always turned into lunch and more often dinner the following night. I have been a curry lover for a long long time and although you can get great takeaway curries and even fantastic ready meal curries these days, nothing beats the taste of your own homemade curry. Add the leftover lamb and vegetables if using) and keep stirring until browned. We were lucky enough to source some beautiful organic lamb a few weeks ago so on Monday after a crazy busy weekend, I whipped home during my lunch break to slow roast a lamb shoulder for six hours while I returned to work (I know, I wish I could have stayed home and enjoyed that slow roast aroma too!). Poppadoms are fun and crunchy to enjoy with the curry if you have them too. I usually reheat curry in the microwave but you can reheat in a saucepan or in the oven. This tasty lamb curry is very easy to adapt. Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander. It was so tasty - you can't beat a good lamb curry. I hadn't even realised it was National Chocolate week too - I might just have to buy some now! Bring the curry to a simmer and then cover and cook over a low/medium heat for about one hour. When ready to serve, top the curry with fresh coriander and serve with a small bowl of thick Greek natural yoghurt and steamed brown rice. Curries are great reheated as the flavours have even more time to develop. If you want to cook this recipe in the slow cooker, follow the instructions in the recipe card below but then transfer the curry to the slow cooker in step 4. Chocolate Chunk Cookies (gluten- + egg-free). Nice saag spinach recipe. -  Cook until the onion is soft (about 5 minutes) then stir in the ground coriander and garam masala as well as the ginger, garlic and tomatoes. Taste and add any additional salt and pepper if needed. Add the leftover lamb and vegetables if using) and keep stirring until browned. So, what's your favourite curry recipe and how will you be celebrating National Curry Week? This looks delicious! I’ll even send you a FREE printable. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. National Curry week starts on Monday 22 October and what better way to take part than to enjoy a healthy homemade curry. Thank you! I have lots of curries here on Searching for Spice including an entire recipe collection for easy homemade curry recipes! It works with just about anything! Add all of the spices and cook for a couple of minutes. Copyright © 2020 Searching for Spice on the Foodie Pro Theme. Simmer gently for 20 minutes until the sauce is thick and creamy then stir through the remainder of the spinach until wilted. Nutritional information is approximate and a guideline only. Cook it on low for 8 hours but add the spinach an hour before the end of the cooking time. Cook for another half hour. Add the carrots, peppers and curry paste and cook and stir for 4 minutes until fragrant. And I love spices too! The fieriness of this curry, really depends upon the strength of the chilli peppers. Just reheat thoroughly before serving. Which means there’s hope yet! Season well then add the lamb and some fresh coriander (reserve a little to garnish). This recipe is truly one of the best ways to use up leftover roast lamb. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Easy Healthy Recipes with a Touch of Spice, easy spicy recipes that are perfect for midweek. Add the lamb and a dash of water. Curry is not difficult to make at home. Add the spinach. I'm afraid I don't eat lamb, but my brother in law would absolutely love this! This tasty lamb and spinach curry is slow cooked to make the meat really tender. I often make a raita to go with it and you can also see some of my homemade onion bhajis in the background of the first picture. about me! Do let me know if you make this lamb and spinach curry. Not only it's delicious but you know exactly what's in it plus it's so much more economical too! 09 Mar 2017. You can quite literally throw in whatever leftovers you have. Check on the curry and stir the mixture frequently adding more water during cooking if necessary. Welcome to Searching for Spice. x, It looks delicious, I do like stewed lamb! I think this would be great in the slow cooker too - or maybe in my new pressure cooker!! However, be careful as sometimes the chillies can split and make the whole curry a lot hotter than you might be expecting! Yummy, didn't have enough curry powder used garam masala and 2 chillies. In a food processor combine the ginger, onion, garlic, chilli, curry powder, 1 tablespoon of the sunflower oil and half of the spinach and blend until it becomes a smooth paste. You can also stay up to date by following on Instagram, Facebook  and Twitter. I love international dishes and discovering new recipes. Alternatively, you can make it one evening, keep it in the fridge overnight and then eat it the next day. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. But now, this is what I love the most about roast dinners…the opportunity to create an inventive dish the following day. Yum! As it's homemade it's a healthy curry too and is great when reheated. It looks so authentic Thanks for sharing with #CookBlogShare. Curry is the spice of Life. The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. I like to serve this lamb curry with rice and naan breads. Privacy policy, Yummy, didn't have enough curry powder used garam masala and 2 chillies Serves: 4 3 carrots, sliced 2 red peppers, seeded and chopped 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes 1 (160ml) tin coconut milk salt and pepper, to taste 600g I used leftover lamb, potatoes, broccoli and courgette, however you could use leftover roast kumara or pumpkin, peas or carrots. Even my dad loved it. Stir in the lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper and one can of water (I like to fill the tomato can with water to ensure all of the tomato bits aren’t wasted). Heat the oil in a deep pan or curry pot (I used a pan that I could serve from to save on washing dishes!)