Transfer the pie to the fridge for 4 hours or until cooled completely. Your email address will not be published. Lime Meringue Cookies submitted by Cake Lab. I squeezed them to the last drop and made myself these wonderful lime meringue cookies. Add more red paste or a couple of red chili peppers to zip it up a bit more. awesome way to use up egg whites, sounds delicious! Rotate the pan and bake for another 30 minutes. Related. Submitted by: CHEF_MEG, Full ingredient & nutrition information of the, Fruit-Filled Chocolate Meringues Calories, mint chocolate chip meringue cookies Calories, Peppermint Chocolate Chip Meringues Calories, Broiled scallops with sweet lime sauce Calories, Psyllium Husk Coconut Flour Seed Rolls (low carb/gluten free), Psyllium Husk Coconut Flour Seed Rolls (low carb/gluten free) Calories, Tex-Mex Light and Easy Turkey Tenderloin Calories, Fruit Salsa (strawberry, kiwi, pineapple, peach, lime juice), Fruit Salsa (strawberry, kiwi, pineapple, peach, lime juice) Calories, Crock Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken Calories, Wicked Thai Chicken Soup (Tom Ka Gai) 1cup = serving, Wicked Thai Chicken Soup (Tom Ka Gai) 1cup = serving Calories, Layered Mexican Dip with Baked Lime Chips, Layered Mexican Dip with Baked Lime Chips Calories. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt on medium-high speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Learn how your comment data is processed. Are you a food blogger who would like to be featured in the Behind the Blog Blogger Spotlight? GET THE RECIPE. Bake for 30 minutes. I love it! Merengues de Limón (Lime Meringue Cookies), Dulce de Noche Buena (Christmas Eve Dessert), Dulce de Cascos de Limón (Candied Lime Shells), Grilled Steak with Cilantro, Scallion and Cumin Butter, Ensalada de Salmón y Papa (Salmon and Potato Salad). Lime Meringue Cookies submitted by Cake Lab, Filed Under: Cookies, Sweets & Desserts Tagged With: Cakelab, lime, Meringue. Heat until the peaks of the meringue turn golden brown, anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes, depending on your oven. Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. I love citrus, as you know, so these treats look melt-in-your-mouth wonderful! By continuing, you agree to their use. How many does this make? These bite-sized cookies are the perfect finger food dessert to serve at parties, or any time you’re craving lemon meringue. Erica, in case you don’t know, you can freeze them and use them whenever you like. I am sure the children are enjoying them. I squeezed them to the last drop and made myself these wonderful lime meringue cookies. Privacy and Terms. I somehow stumbled upon some limes. super easy, simple meringue cookiesSubmitted by: SHARI78, Wonderful!!! Just make fresh meringue and assemble the mini lemon meringue pie tarts to create a tasty little dessert! How can you go wrong with meregue…You call the green limones y nosotros limas. Crunchy, sweet, low calorie, no fat! I add some lemon juice as well as it helps make 0meringue stiffer. In a bowl using an electric mixer, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla extract on high speed until foamy. yummy and low fatSubmitted by: IMAOFSEVEN, Quick Easy Light DessertSubmitted by: CD1538181, for 23 calories per 2 meringes, you can splurge this Christmas without bulging!Submitted by: TOBICAE, A light and minty holiday cookie!Submitted by: CHEF_MEG, Rather than creating a fatty lime sauce, this modified recipe coats the scallops in honey and lime juice and gently broils them.Submitted by: KRUSTYNUTZ, OLD FAMILY RECIPE, THE BEST I HAVE EVER TASTED.Submitted by: MOMDUCK75, Based on Maria's "Healthified" Sub recipe (http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/2012/07/toasted-Sub-sandwich-and-panini.html)Submitted by: SNAPSHOTSTACY, My Cuban De Lite!Submitted by: VEHAMILTON1, These meringues are a fun treat when served with low-fat vanilla ice cream and fresh fruit. i love cookies that just dissolve in your mouth, and these definitely fit that description. With mixer running, gradually add sugar in 2 additions beating for 3 minutes between each addition. For the cookie base. Beat until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes longer. Set aside. Lemon Meringue Cookies have all the flavor of a lemon meringue pie without the hassle of making an entire pie. Instructions. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar. Fish roasted in a bag with lime slices and cilantro sprigsSubmitted by: DAJAGR, Easy to make frozen lime dessertSubmitted by: NEW_HOPE, "Real" Key lime pie with fat free sweetened condensed milkSubmitted by: SEITZRIC, http://veganyumyum.com/2008/06/sweet-chili-lime-tofu-with-wok-steamed-collards-and-quinoa/Submitted by: TOTCHIKO, Perfect to serve with whole wheat tortillas or over rice.Submitted by: VAHUFFMAN, This soup is excellent. #cookies. https://www.dominicancooking.com/784-suspiritos-meringues.html !Submitted by: 96HOCKEYMOM, Delicious rich tasting, chocolate cookiesSubmitted by: CHIPAWAY, The original recipe is for the yogurt/cool whip combo frozen in a prepared graham cracker crust. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F; line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Filed Under: Desserts Tagged With: Cookies, Kid friendly, Meringue, Sweets. I prefer single serving size, so I put the yogurt combo in mini-muffin pans and stick an animal cookie "handle" in each one.Submitted by: LMAXIN, Printed with permission from the American Institute for Cancer Research. To serve, slice with a hot, wet knife in order to avoid dragging the meringue. nice job! I prefer to eat this "dip" with a fork or raw vegetables. Submitted by: CHEF_MEG, Recipe courtesy of the National Turkey Federation, for more like it, please visit www.eatturkey.com, Make sure to check out "Cinnamon Tortilla Chips", for chips to eat this with.Submitted by: RILEY2004. Preheat oven to 250°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Great alternative to regular fried potato chips! All rights reserved. Submitted by: DEBDURDA, My dip has all the flavor of the original, but it's much easier on the waistline. I am doing a project on Colombia and I am bringing in food, but I need to make sure that I have enough for everyone in my class. Follow Yum Goggle Categories. The original recipe is for the yogurt/cool whip combo frozen in a prepared graham cracker crust. We use cookies to ensure that our site functions as intended. I always have some leftover from other recipes and make them into meringues. Sancocho de Gallina (Chicken or Hen Sancocho), Arepa with Beef Liver in Creole Sauce (Arepa con Higado en Salsa Criolla). Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. My family and friends loved these at Christmas time.Submitted by: SUSIEDERKINS21, Yummy and healthy tilapia fish tacos recipe! Great served with our Chili Lime Tortilla Chips. If so, contact us through this form. Mini Frozen Key Lime Desserts. Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Look in the frozen foods in your asian market for Tom Yum soup base Kit. I prefer single serving size, so I put the yogurt combo in mini-muffin pans and stick an animal cookie "handle" in each one. I squeezed them to the last drop and made myself these wonderful lime meringue cookies. Drop about 3 tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. The pie will keep for … 3 egg whites; Pinch of salt; 3/4 cup of granulated sugar; 2 teaspoons of lime zest; Directions. With a spatula fold in the lime zest. Turn off the oven and allow the meringues to cool completely while still in the oven, about 2 hours. galangal and lime leaf can be a bit hard to find but it is worth it if you do. blogherads.adq.push(['medrec', 'skm-ad-medrec-6']); Copyright © 2009 - 2019 My Colombian Recipes ®. I somehow stumbled upon some limes. These cookies look very melt in the mouth good! A couple of weeks ago I had some leftover egg whites and I didn’t want to waste them, so I decided to make a lime version of meringue cookies. Filed Under: Cookies, Sweets & Desserts Tagged With: Cakelab, lime, Meringue. Ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides. Primary Sidebar. I hope you enjoy my Lime Meringue Cookies as much as I did. I absolutely love classic meringues and this lime version is very good and super simple to make. #cookies Click to Tweet.