Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. If you’re familiar with my recipes, you know that this is not the first time I’ve shared a recipe for vanilla cupcakes. Hi Natasha, Can I replace eggs with anything else? Keyword vanilla cupcakes. That might help. So are you using whole milk or did you use a whipping cream? I hope it becomes your new favorite. Allow to cool in the tin for 2-3 minutes and then carefully remove cupcakes to continue cooling on a wire rack. Hi Tyler, I have never noticed a funny taste to these. So basically this easy cupcakes recipe is the result of everything I’ve learned over years of making vanilla cupcakes and cakes, all wrapped up in one simple recipe. I do recommend using an oven thermometer to make sure it is calibrated. You can freeze the vanilla cupcakes before they are frosted. Hi Natashia! Seriously it was getting ridiculous. Beat on medium-high speed until combined, then beat in the sour cream. Hi Faythe, you can search sites like this and plug in the URL to view the old version of the recipe. Carefully pour in about half of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth and well combined. I’ve tried looking it up but can’t seem to find it. Plain kefir will also work well instead of buttermilk. Sprinkles not optional, but you already knew that. Set aside. Hi there, my name is Hailey and you’ve inspired me and I found out that making cakes/sweets for a living is my dream job. Do you think I would be able to add sprinkles and make this a confetti cake? Since the new version of the recipe does not have baking soda (just baking powder) do I need something with acid like buttermilk? These were moist and fluffy, truly amazing! Welcome to my kitchen! But there are tons of easy ways to dress them up and make them even prettier! I never thought of this. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, mixing to incorporate with each egg then blend in vanilla and scrape down the bowl. How long can the cupcakes stay fresh after cooking? Cuisine American. Do you have any alternatives for buttermilk? We are so happy you're here. It’s so good! What size of cupcake did you make? I haVe two questions though. 1 teaspoon baking powder. You can also make your own buttermilk at a ratio of 1 cup whole milk to 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice. Let us know if you try it! These are soooooo good! See how squat it is? Everyone agrees, these are the best cupcakes. I know that you have a 9 inch cake recipe but wanted a smaller cake. Could I add lemon zest and juice to this recipe to make a lemon cupcake? Please let us know how it goes if you try it. Yes, they’re from sweetapolita. https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/moist-vanilla-layer-cake/, Hi Lindsay, to make 24 cupcakes would I double the recipe ingredients? Making 54 cupcakes. I’ve been using this recipe for a few years now, and I’m sad to see it was changed. Looking forward to your reply ASAP. I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Lulu! If you experiment, let me know how you liked the recipe. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Also, the buttermilk doesn’t come through as tangy but ti does balance the sweetness of the cupcake and helps with the rise and texture. Prep Time 15 minutes. Let me know what you use. This is the only vanilla cupcake recipe you will need. Hi Saira, a double recipe should work great! 1 vanilla pod Thank you very much dany, Hi Daniela, is you scroll down to the recipe card we have a metric conversion option there. You may need to whisk it all by hand to make sure there are no lumps at the bottom of the bowl. Please read my privacy policy. We have the full closed butter pack posted. I would really like to use this recipe but dot it with frozen raspberries that have been dusted with flower. I’m so happy you enjoyed this recipe!! Thanks Hi Gloria, once the cupcake base is baked, the milk products are not a concern. Hi..Can use cake flour instead of all purpose flour for this recipe and if so how much..what would be the ratio for the vanilla cupcakes? Using two teaspoons, divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases. Thank u very much. Resulted un moist, light cupcakes, way beyond my expectation. This is my favorite recipe for homemade vanilla cupcakes. I’m so happy you all enjoyed it! The texture turns out so fluffy, soft and phenomenal. Too little butter. These cupcakes made my mouth water and I want to make them tomorrow for my moms birthday! The recipes I tested are as follows: Billy’s Vanilla, Vanilla Cupcakes (tasted great but had a hard crust on top), America’s Test Kitchen White Cake (pillowy soft and delicious, but too delicate), Dorie Greespan’s Perfect Party Cake, via My Baking Addiction (subbing vanilla bean paste), and My Favorite Vanilla Cupcakes, by Cookies and Cups, which was adapted from Back in the Day Bakery. Thank you for that lovely review Katy! As a foodie, I couldn’t detect any lemon flavor in the cupcakes. You might have to do an experiment on that one. Bake for 19-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I hope it becomes your new favorite. https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/lemon-poppyseed-cake/, I plan on doing these cupcakes and adding a different flavor as well. Hi Sai, It is most likely due to changing the process of making the batter. The best vanilla cupcake recipe ! Is it okay to add a cup of dried cranberries? I wrote down the cupcake recipe back in July 2018 and when I went to use that today, there were so many different things than this current recipe? They’ll keep in the freezer for 2 months. Can’t wait to try it! . These are our top-rated cupcake recipes: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners. thank you. Add half of the powdered sugar and mix until it’s smooth and well combined. You’re welcome, Sheila! Thanks! My twins loves it and I start doing it at least 2 week once. Hi Matilde, I haven’t tried this specific recipe as chocolate cupcakes. Thank you so much for such a great recipe! Better for little hands. Thank you! I used one 8inch pan and baked it for about 30 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated. They are my go to cupcake and everybody loves them, but of course you need to plan ahead with having the sour cream. I don’t have that version yet but feel free to share it with me if you find it. You could try it, but yes, you’d likely need more cooking time and depending on your oven, might need to rotate. It would be difficult to blend the butter and sugar the same way without an electric mixer. i tried these on my sisters birthday..with chocolate ganache and coffee cream…it was a family hit…thanks natasha for sharing the recipe. Hi Sumayyah, are you referring to vanilla bean by chance? Hi Anna, we updated the recipe and posted a new video tutorial. Thank you so much! Learn more... Natasha's top tips to unleash your inner chef! Other websites say 125g. So incredibly easy and simple yet absolutely yummy. Second question: could I add gel food colouring to the icing recipe or would this jeopardize the texture? The best cupcakes! I wasn’t thinking about the size difference. I’ve spent countless hours making many, many cupcakes – and taste testing them too! Lightest fluffy cupcake ever. So great to hear that you enjoyed these vanilla cupcakes. Thank you, Sam. I watched your video and it looks like you are only using a half stick of butter but the recipe calls for a full stick of butter. Can You Use This Recipe And Bake This In [3] 6 Inch Cake Pans? Thank you for sharing that with us, Jais! We recommend tossing the frozen berries (do not thaw) in 1 Tablespoon of flour before adding to the batter. How can I get my cupcakes to have the spongey centre when I bite into them.