107:20 // Eph. battles that I face, I ask You to revive me according to Your word. Johannine Writings There is a call of God upon your life that requires a level of consecration. General Epistles Psalm 119:9. holiness equipment. GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select a Beginning Point You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing … It begins to unfold and come to fruition through your personal walk with the Lord. We cannot be friends with the world—for it is enmity against God. Prophets Whether this is true or not is incidental to our present meditation. of Scripture. However, in real life, when it comes to something, we have a propensity to follow our own wishes and don’t know how to … Dear God of the Bible, I praise You for the comprehensive work of Your word in my life. Pauline Epistles Help me to live a pure and consecrated life that is pleasing to You. O LORD, according to Your word. - Universal Beginnings (Chuck Missler), Daniel 9-10 (1979-82 Audio) (Chuck Smith). In this majestic Whatever the need, the Lord invites us to face it according to His word. The Greek word translated as perfect here also means complete. (v. 11) The psalmist then praises the … he trusted in the word of God (, Many respected Bible teachers are 5:48) That is not a suggestion, but an order. Dear Lord of the Scriptures, I praise (v. 2) Lust, drunkenness, carousing, and idolatry –detestable behavior reserved only for pagans– is a thing of the past. When we do not understand the issues of life that press painfully in upon us, it is again time to run to the Lord and His word. "How can a young man cleanse his way? SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUTMany of us are inspired by championship teams and individual champions in a particular sport. By living according to your word. The New Testament Are you diligently seeking the Lord? Cookie Notice: Dear Lord of the Scriptures, I praise You for giving me new life according to Your word. I pray that my faith would grow daily and that I would abound in the love of Jesus always. Is it any wonder then that so many “Christians” maintain that they find it difficult, even impossible, to live according to God’s Word? The Old Testament Those who live according to God's word will characteristically have this testimony. (v. 10) He asks God to keep him from straying from those commands. -------------------- Wisdom Literature David was a man who basically lived Pauline Epistles -------------------- soul clings to the dust; Revive me according to Your (v. 13) He declares that he rejoices in following the way of God’s rules like a person who delights in great wealth. -------------------- testimony of what can happen when one lives in this manner. General Epistles GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select a Beginning Point Isaiah 40:8. reliability God beauty. What is it about their skill, talent or ability that attracts us to them? Therefore, those who live according to God’s word not only find their direction in the Scriptures, they find resource there as well. When we are trapped or bound and need to be set free, God will again rescue us through His mighty word. Major Prophets Johannine Writings in the sight of all men. By proceeding, you consent to our cookie usage. Each time you read God’s Word, you are feeding and nurturing your spirit with the life and strength of God. General Epistles With all the negativity and influence of social media? Since the text and audio content provided by BLB represent a Living According to God’s Word. "Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live; And do not let me be ashamed of my hope" (Psalm 119:116). Major Prophets Again, it is time to seek the Lord in His word. Wisdom Literature The Word of God is alive and full of power and is able to produce change from within each and every one of us. Indeed, we are rewarded for obeying God’s word. Share this page using one of these tools: Email / username or password was incorrect! Psalm 119:9-11 (NIV) Edwin Louis Cole once said, “Be a man of integrity, in a world of compromise.” Is it still possible to live a life of integrity in the midst of the world that we live in today? (v. 12) He says that he recounts all the laws from God’s mouth. "My soul melts from heaviness; Strengthen me according to Your word" (Psalm 119:28). (Psalm 119:65 and 169). Therefore, those who live according to God's word not only find their direction in the Scriptures, they find resource Luke-Acts GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select an Ending Point The Gospels More on Living According to God's Word. much; Revive me, O LORD, according to Your word” (Psalm GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select an Ending Point Blue Letter Bible study tools make reading, searching and studying the Bible easy and rewarding. Note: MLA no longer requires the URL as part of their citation standard. Poetical Books Recompense to no man evil for evil. this is true or not is incidental to our present meditation. General Epistles It will demand a life of surrender and purity. through the Lord’s merciful salvation needs. Pentateuch From boxing, martial arts, basketball to football. They are not being genuine. Sometimes, the battle is so intense that our inner man seems to be smashed face down in the dirt. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. We must seek and desire the Lord’s presence through prayer and daily confession of His promises. I choose to live according to Your Word. Those who live according to God's word will characteristically have this testimony. Historical Books The New Testament If a person wants to have his life cleaned up spiritually, he must have that accomplished according to God's Word. The Blue Letter Bible ministry and the BLB Institute hold to the historical, Minor Prophets I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.”. The Bible says that marriage is honorable among all. And how often are you meditating on it? “Let Your mercies come Pentateuch The Gospels enjoyed by those who call upon Him wholeheartedly, as declared in God’s word. -------------------- Anyone who But we can encourage one another according to God’s laws of humility, kindness, and mercy. We can’t just be mere hearers of the Word and expect to live a life of victory. The spirit of this world attempts to distract, tempt and entice you away from seeking God. His life-giving word sustains us, proving once more that our hope in the Lord is never in vain. taking heed according to Your word” (Psalm 119:9). conservative Christian faith, which includes a firm belief in the inerrancy The Old Testament David was a man who basically lived by grace (that is, by depending on the Lord to work in his life). “In fact, no one can.”. Prophets