Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Here Are Some Safety Tips From Doctors. Latte: Ranges from around 70 calories for a small skim to 170 for a medium with whole milk. ), I even included doughnuts. Plain black coffee: 5 to 10 calories per small or medium cup. The 14 Questions You Should Ask a Therapist Before Your First Appointment, Washingtonian’s Comprehensive 2020 Election-Night Self-Care Guide, Here Are Some Election Day Self-Care Specials to Soothe Your Anxiety, Video From Fall Real Estate Market Update With Local Leaders, Washingtonian Real Estate Virtual Happy Hour, Meet the Arlington Woman Attempting an Indoor Ironman-Style Race, Pandemic and Election Stress Are Causing Americans to Grind and Crack Their Teeth, Dentists Say, Fitness Diary: Fox News White House Correspondent John Roberts, How This Fitness Entrepreneur Keeps Up With Dance Workouts and Cooking Her Favorite Nigerian Food, Too, Fitness Studios Are Trying to Pivot to Stay Open During the Pandemic. Vous pouvez modifier vos choix à tout moment dans vos paramètres de vie privée. There's room in every healthy diet for doughnuts. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Tea. Follow Perfect Isn't Easy on WordPress.com, Protected: Personal Update – An Unfortunate Day. Why It’s Good: The oats and barley pack a punch of fiber, plus offer B vitamins and minerals. Americano. Hear me out: Starbucks is amazing, of course. What's the Lowest Calorie Donut at Dunkin’ Donuts? Yahoo fait partie de Verizon Media. Nos partenaires et nous-mêmes stockerons et/ou utiliserons des informations concernant votre appareil, par l’intermédiaire de cookies et de technologies similaires, afin d’afficher des annonces et des contenus personnalisés, de mesurer les audiences et les contenus, d’obtenir des informations sur les audiences et à des fins de développement de produit. Iced teas are amazing in the summer and can really help you cool off. Why It’s Good:  Black coffee is packed with antioxidants, and any black espresso, drip coffee, or Americano will run you just five to ten calories for a small or medium cup. ( Log Out /  While I love Dunkin’s creamy and sugary swirls, I usually get the flavor shots when I’m trying to save on calories. Make sure you say flavor shot or sugar-free because if not they give you the regular one. Change ). Nothing beats an Americano at Dunkin. Make It Better: For the plain cappuccinos, lattes, or macchiatos, to keep calories reasonable (especially if you’re stirring in a teaspoon of sugar) stick with a small or medium size. This, my friends, is where Dunkin comes in. Get an Americano with Splenda or with skim or almond milk and Splenda. So, I’d skip the optional dried fruit, which would bring sugar up to a total of 35 grams (g). Our virtual Whiskey & Fine Spirits Festival starts this week! "If you're craving a sweet, this simple doughnut choice is your best bet," says Stalte. Cappuccino and macchiato: Ranges from about 45 calories for a small skim to 120 for a whole milk medium size. And you even add french vanilla flavor shot. However, Starbucks is more expensive and are specifically known for their ‘special’ handcrafted drinks. ( Log Out /  Have a hankering for tuna salad? Get it without cheese, on a bagel, for more reasonable amount of saturated fat. Nothing fancy. Photograph by Janis Jibrin. Janis Jibrin is a registered dietitian who has spent much of her career writing about nutrition, Janis’s articles have appeared in Dr. Oz The Good Life, Self, Yoga Journal, and other magazines. The milk-based beverages can make a nice dent in your daily calcium needs. Make It Better: Because brown sugar is pre-mixed in, the cereal hits you with 15 grams (g) of sugar—about four teaspoons! Read full article You might think that a doughnut is a doughnut , and that none of them are on the healthy end of the spectrum. I usually just get the original blend, but you can get in dark roast or decaf. Why It’s Unhealthy: Buried deep in this sandwich is a healthy ingredient—tuna—rich in omega-3 fats. Iced Coffee. They are unsweetened and sugar-free. And if you order it right, you can save hundreds of calories. While I love getting mine with cream and sugar, that’s a lot of calories. I’m pretty much an addict to Starbucks and I’ve never had a bad Starbucks beverage. Healthiest Doughnut: Sugared Raised Donut. Nutrition Facts: Without the dried fruit: 210 calories, 1.5 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 250 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 5 g protein. Whenever you order an iced drink, you are surely getting a lot of bang for your buck and a filling drink. Why It’s Good: If you’re going to get a doughnut, this one has way less sugar than the other offerings, and it’s lower in calories. 680 calories, 49 g fat, 21 g saturated fat, 1,560 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 23 g protein. The citrusy zing of this Dunkin' treat is sure to please your taste buds, and with just ten grams of sugar per pastry, it's bound to fit into any low-sugar diet plan. Make It Better: Make sure to ask for white cheddar, as it has a much cleaner ingredient list than the other options. They’re also a great way to get a little taste of something sweet […] ( Log Out /  Why it’s bad: Imagine eating eight teaspoons of sugar. You don’t go to Dunkin to expect a high-quality espresso drink. Why It’s Unhealthy: You know something with “Caramel Swirl” in the name isn’t going to be nutritionally pretty, but there’s half a day’s calories and over 40 teaspoons of sugar in a large serving of this beverage. The bagel’s whole wheat also contains a nice sprinkling of manganese and selenium, minerals that may help protect us from cancer or heart disease. Starbucks drinks are higher quality, expensive and pretty delicious. However, have you ever been at an airport where the only real breakfast option is Dunkin’? Maybe you just really want a sugary, fatty, cream-filled pastry and don’t need anyone to judge you thank you very much. While Starbucks does offer lower calorie versions of some of our favorite drinks, your best bet is to always stick to plain stuff. Get tickets to enjoy the region’s best brands, score a great Washingtonian Whiskey Festival glass & more! Arguably the "best" donut, nutritionally speaking, is the raised sugared donut (via Washingtonian).It has the lowest calorie-cholesterol-fat ratio on the menu according to Eat This Not That, and only contains 5 grams of sugar (via Dunkin').Plus, there's no denying it's tasty. All of Dunkin’s hot teas are zero calories. All three doughnuts fall into these ranges: It’s the perfect storm of unhealthy fat (from both the biscuit and the sausage), white flour, and an astounding amount of sodium. A wheat bagel with white cheddar cheese. How to stay fit, eat smart, and live well in Washington. One goes to Starbucks and order lattes, macchiatos, mochas, tea/lemonades, pink drinks, refreshers, etc.