Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Learn more. I used to not be bothered about doing this but now it is such a big part of my life and I can’t stop it I am worried if it ever will. It tears me apart. It's both our first relationship and well it's not easy, which is absolutely my fault. by Lobes » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:29 am . How could comeone ever make up for that? Press J to jump to the feed. Bring her to a psychologist or counselor, she needs help. As an introvert, how can I become an extrovert? Cookies help us deliver our Services. What is it called when you make up scenarios in your head and believe them to be true? Then I don't know what's the truth. Now I tend to think about breaking up with him. You were correct to name this a “cycle.” It is. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. I have a friend who does this and trying to seek help for her. Making Up Scenarios In My Head Started by heeaffes, April 8, 2016. Actually, most kids go through a stage where they make up a constant companion. I am quite shy and don’t really have many friends so a lot of the people I make up are friends I wished I had or people I wish I knew. I have tried to stop myself from doing this before, but I couldn’t even do it for a day because I just automatically do it. You may have the makings of a terrific writer. Now it’s become a habit. Still have questions? These real life friends take the place of the imaginary ones. All rights reserved. Copyright © 1995-2020 Psych Central. Making up bad scenarios in your head. .therabh { font-size:100%!important;margin:-13px 0 0 0; } I have a lot of problems. In group, you will have the opportunity to learn those social skills. I make up scenarios in my head about it, which make me cry so fucking hard it's unbearable cuz I can't stand the thought of losing him. It's weird. I have so many details about these characters in my head that they seem like they could be real people. And so on and so on. I have these characters I have made up … Was that the reason you broke up with him? I am wondering if any of you make up scenarios in your head to almost "test" your reaction in order to prove to yourself that you would never act on your thoughts. This is something I think I've done my entire life. And your reaction then is a validation for your anxiety? Delusional, but i don't think that's the case. She made up stories how her family abused her...never happened. It's awful. It’s not at all unusual for small children who are shy or alone to make up imaginary friends. Wil the Supreme Court rule in Trumps favor 6-3 that the election was a fraud by the demos. And — by the way — you don’t need to abandon your imaginary friends. It's not thoughts of what I should do or will be doing, or any negative thoughts of me etc. Are psychiatrists held responsible for suicides? But a part of me doesn’t want it to stop because I almost rely on these characters as someone to talk to and I like the person I have made up for myself because she is better than me. Even when I am listening to my ipod I make up an imaginary music video in my head which usually contains a character I have made up for myself. Confine the activity to that time frame to make sure you don’t fall back into the cycle. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group. Losing him would make my life so empty, I guess I would be depressed. She specializes in couples and family therapy and parent education. My guess is that for some reason you weren’t able to connect with other kids your age when you were young and so you kept the imaginary scenes going. She made up stories how her family abused her...never happened. cuz its her very own fault that she didnt choose to observe you enhance up. How do you think about the answers? Everyday and sometimes before I sleep, I am always making up scenarios and characters in my head and live in them. i be attentive to shes your mom however the certainty is that she abandoned you. ? For … From England: I am 16 and I cannot stop myself from imagining I am in a different scenario and talking to people who aren’t there. #descrbb { text-align:left;margin:-15px 0 0 0;padding:10px;font-size:85%; }. And it's pretty much the only thing I'm thinking of. She made up stories in her head to make other people believe that her stories are true? I would warn you to stop doing that, Your heart will give you the courage to breakup if you feel that’s right for you, and you will probably cope better in real life than what you feel in your test run. Follow her on Facebook or Twitter. Psych Central does not provide medical or psychological You then retreat to the “friends” in your head who accept you and who aren’t a bit threatening to your sense of self. She made up story that she was raped...never happened. It's awful. It is known as day-dreaming, and everyone day-dreams. Or do I get it wrong? Then I don't know what's the truth. Get your answers by asking now. But the weird thing is sometimes when I do this I imagine that someone such as a famous person is watching the scenario in like a video or something and reacting to it. I really struggle to just go through everyday life without pretending to be someone else or talking to someone who I know isn’t really there. .therab_url { color:#4C88C5; font-family:"open sans condensed",arial; text-decoration:none!important; } It’s hard to shake it because you are still shy and you haven’t developed the skills you need to connect with peers. My anxiety tells me this is a solid reason not to be together. Sometimes I base these characters off people I know or have seen. But, it is not at all a healthy sign. I'm not quite sure if this is the right subreddit. The basic definition of disassociation is a partial, and in some cases, complete disruption in an individual’s consciousness or psychological state of functioning. 1 post • Page 1 of 1. I want to be able to live my life just being myself and not pretending I’m someone else or talking to people who aren’t there. This started when I was around 5 and now I just can’t stop. Feedback and support from the other group members and the therapist will help you gain the self-confidence you need to develop real life relationships. It is very normal, as it happens with everyone and without a single exception. The main problem is that it doesn't turn me on when we kiss (except if I'm kinda drunk or when I don't think about it too much). I make up scenarios in my head about it, which make me cry so fucking hard it's unbearable cuz I can't stand the thought of losing him. To break the cycle, you need some new social skills. jobs closing and work morale is very low, how to not get depressed? It's like I can't live with or without him. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. It doesn’t go well. Even when I watch TV I imagine the characters in the show are actually the characters I have made up, or sometimes I imagine I am in the show. Or you do it to mentally hurt yourself? You retreat to the imaginary — which makes it more likely you won’t learn what you need to learn to connect with people. You’ve said you are shy. .therabb_legend { font-family:"open sans condensed",arial; font-size:110%; padding:0 10px; } Learning To Trust Yourself Again After Betrayal, Many Seniors with Depression Faring Well During Pandemic. Everyday and sometimes before I sleep, I am always making up scenarios and characters in my head and live in them. Losing him would make my life so empty, I guess I would be depressed. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I have these characters I have made up with their own image and backstory and I have a character I have made for myself and now I just automatically slip into this character and talk to the people I have made up without even realizing I’m doing it. #therabb_contain { margin:10px 0 10px 0; padding:10px; border:3px solid #4C88C5;display:block;height:100%;min-height:150px;width:90%;position:relative; } It's more than delusional, she probably wants more attention from other people. I think I'm trying to reach out to people through Facebook but it's not working? #therabb { float:left; width:90px; margin:0 5px; } The rules of the group will provide the safety you need to get out of your head and to try out new ways of relating. You try to connect with people. Do you ever make up scenarios in your head to see how it feels, how you react to it? Sometimes I make up the scenario that one of my friends is dead and I imagine their funeral to see how I react to it in order to know how much they mean to me. 9 posts in this topic. You can sign in to vote the answer.