Inspired by the Amalfi lifestyle, Italian-owned Malfy Gin embodies the essence of La Dolce Vita. Definitely a step up from the standard gin on the shelves. Rabarbaro (Rhubarb) is an Italian specialty – and is used a great deal in famous Italian drinks such as Aperol – it rounds the flavor and gives some nice complexity with the other botanicals such as juniper and coriander (which is an excellent botanical for making the citrus flavor come forward – and thus we use lots of it!)”. Part of the Pernod Ricard gin portfolio, Malfy premium gins can now be enjoyed in Irish hotels, bars and restaurants, as well as purchased in retailers and off licences nationwide. Learn how your comment data is processed. I can’t share video’s on here, but there is one on my instagram if you fancy having a listen. It wreaked of summer holidays, blue skies and lazy days spent in tropical surroundings. However way to choose to enjoy Malfy Gin, we’re sure you will experience Italy’s passion for living the good life – la dolce vita – with every sip. There are currently 4 gin expressions in the lineup: The Originale, the lemon-flavored Con Limone, the pink grapefruit Gin Rosa, and Con Arancia with blood oranges. Fast forward to the 21st century, and … Malfy® Gin Rosa is distilled by the Vergnano Family in Italy - the birthplace of Gin - using the peel of Sicilian Pink grapefruits, Italian Juniper, rhubarb and four other botanicals with their traditional Vacuum Still. Please click here for more details. Five additional botanicals: lemon peel, grapefruit peel, angelica root, orris root and coriander are then expertly distilled in a stainless-steel vacuum still for five hours. Your email address will not be published. No spam and entirely confidential. Tart and fresh zesty citrus and dry piney juniper. Experience summer in Italy with a sip of Malfy Gin Rosa. Both are bottled at 82 proof. Ready to order more. Inspired by the Amalfi lifestyle, Malfy is a Super-Premium Gin from Italy now available in Ireland. How Long Does Baileys (And Other Cream Liqueurs) Last? I jumped up and down like a giddy school girl when I realised it had arrived, Hubby didn’t get a second glance as I skidded through the house and into the kitchen to get my hands on the scissors and open what I was certain would be my new true love. This summer, pink gin seems to be the in thing, with many adopting a candyfloss sweetness to match it’s colour. Absolutely gorgeous!! We came up with this towards the end of Gin Day, so it’s a touch on the boozy side, but utterly scrummy. Absolutely LOVE IT! Consumers in Ireland will feel like they’ve been transported to the Amalfi coast when they taste this refreshing gin. I love this combo, the grapefruit and prosecco work really well together and I did find that I’d had quite a few by the time Hubby got home from work! Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Malfy Gin Rosa is distilled with seven botanicals, most notably Sicilian Pink grapefruits zest and rhubarb. Once tried you will definitely be back for more. The Con Arancia and Con Limone are proof enough, but if you need even more convincing, say hello to Malfy Gin Rosa! Beneath the tissue was sheer liquid joy, I mean, just look at it!! Contains approximately 23 standard drinks. I’m not sure how many of you have tried any of the Malfy range before, but if you have you’ll know exactly what I’m about to talk about. A Biggar & Leith selection - trademark owner. Master of Malt supports responsible drinking - Sip, don't Gulp. Absolutely delicious, not sweet, just tangy with an amazing pink grapefruit kick to it. I would have garnished with grapefruit peel, but sadly I didn’t have any in the house. This one in particular has become one of my favourites. A veteran writer and journalist, he also operates Null Media, a bespoke content company. Aged: The bottle cork is made of Italian oak and makes the most satisfying, deep, plunk sound when it is opened. Malfy’s first expression (which we haven’t actually covered) is flavored with lemons, while a more traditional “Originale” came shortly thereafter. However way to choose to enjoy Malfy Gin, we’re sure you will experience Italy’s passion for living the good life – la dolce vita – with every sip. My absolute favourite gin. Just the ticket on a sunny afternoon over ice and great conversations with friends, Just so you know, we can't actually ship to, Order early to help us keep the drinks flowing for all while sticking to our COVID-19 safety measures, By clicking "Submit" you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to our. Although if you fancy a deliciously scrummy alternative, then try swapping out your standard tonic for Merchant’s Heart Hibiscus Tonic. Starring Malfy Gin Rosa, an elegant fusion of Sicilian pink grapefruit, Italian lemons, handpicked juniper and fine botanicals, this delicate and deliciously fruity gin provides the perfect anchor for this relaxed aperitivo cocktail. Made from the finest Italian botanicals, Malfy Gin – part of the Pernod Ricard portfolio – cannow be purchased in retailers nationwide. The next thing to hit was the aroma, I’m pretty sure the scent was just bursting to get out of the bottle. lots more cheaper gins available that taste just as nice. As pink gins go this is amongst the best we tried. (although, in the case where you only give us your name and contact details in connection with a review, we will never use that information for any promotional or marketing purposes). Sign in to see the correct price in your region. Odd stuff, though far from awful. Garnish with a rose bud…a summer must!!! Malfy Gin continues to use traditional distilling methods, said to date back to the 11th Century and local botanicals, married with spring water from the Monviso Mountain, to create a truly refreshing Italian Gin using traditional methods. B [BUY IT NOW FROM CASKERS]. Gin Reviews Malfy Gin Rosa. The grapefruit in this cheeky gin is refreshing. I previously explained that I went all Veruca Salt about getting my hands on the Con Arancia then they only went and did it again. Very refreshing. Have you got what it takes to be crowned Kenwood Young Baker? This ace Italian gin is built around the awesomeness of Sicilian pink grapefruit, and features a hint of rhubarb too. Description Veeno has put together an exclusive Malfy Gin Box to bring “La Dolce Vita” to your door. Welcome to our home. The MofM tasting notes above are about right with the fresh taste of grapefruit coming through strong at the beginning and then some more subtle undertones of the other botanicals coming at the end, making this gin very interesting indeed. You must log in to your account to make a comment. Firstly top your glass up with ice. Distilled using the peel of Sicilian pink grapefruits, Italian juniper berries, rhubarb, and four other botanicals. Sampled on 28/09/2020 Appearance: Clear, pale salmon pink. So fresh but well balanced and no nasty aftertaste like some other pink grapefruit gins. This does not affect your statutory rights. The full Malfy Gin range includes four variants: Malfy Originale, Malfy Con Limone, Malfy Gin Rosa and Malfy Con Arancia. Zesty grapefruit and lemon jumps of this fresh clean Mediterranean gin. View all posts by Gin Obsessions. *FOR A LOW CALORIE ALTERNATIVE, REPLACE THE TONIC WITH SODA. Long dry finish with zesty grapefruit and lightly bitter spice. I was worried that it may be sweetened as many ‘fruit’ gins are, but not at all. Malfy Gin Rosa is a fresh and bright gin distilled using the peel of sun-ripened Sicilian pink grapefruits, grown in citrus groves on the Mediterranean coast where the mountains greet the sea. The Con Arancia and Con Limone are proof enough, but if you need even more convincing, say hello to Malfy Gin Rosa! It should come as no surprise that the folks behind Malfy Gin are very talented at incorporating citrus of all varieties into their gin. SPIDER AWARDS, NAMED MOST INFLUENTIAL FOOD & DRINK JOURNALIST MALFY® is widely available in great wine shops and other retailers across the globe and growing. The result is a pale, pink gin bursting with fresh, citrus notes. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website. Required fields are marked *. A must buy. Malfy Gin Rosa is distilled with seven botanicals, most notably Sicilian Pink grapefruits zest and rhubarb. Italian juniper, Sicilian pink grapefruit, Italian rhubarb and five other botanicals. Also made an unusual negroni. It’s unsurprising that this tonic works well with Gin Rosa, as it is a great match for citrus gins and definitely a mixer worth trying. HOW TO MAKE A GIN ROSA GIN & TONIC BUILD INGREDIENTS IN A GLASS OVER CUBED ICE AND GENTLY STIR TO COMBINE. All Malfy gins carry the GQDI quality and authenticity stamp. I’m talking about the latest addition to the Malfy family, their Gin Rosa. The insider’s guide to good drinking. Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. To finish, a final burst of sweet orange zest offers a surprisingly smooth, well-rounded mouth-feel.”. Our elegant fusion of some Sicilian pink grapefruits, Italian lemons, fine botanicals and handpicked juniper creates the ultimate bright and sophisticated gin. Gin Rosa is the latest expression to join a delicious range of flavoured gin from Malfy Gin. Fresh and zesty. That's a promise. (I’ve popped it into my ginny scrap book…yes I am that kind of person!). The palate is again big with grapefruit, lightly sweet but quote drying after that initial sugar fades, here showing more of the classic herbal notes of gin, including coriander and an interesting thyme character, leading to a lightly bitter, palate-cleansing finish. Malfy Con Arancia is the first of its kind – it is distilled with Sicilian blood oranges which have been awarded Protected Geographical Status. Tangy pink grapefruit at the fore, balanced well by peppery juniper and a touch of thyme. This time with a gin which I’m pretty sure they must have created just for me because it is my idea of heaven. All rights reserved. I love a champagne coupe…so I used one! I like that dry sour throaty kick only other reading will appreciate, Just finished this gin after 3 months with my partner what a fabulous gin thanks to my daughter a wonderful present would definitely recommend to family and friends. Love this, delivered today. Subtle light and utterly refreshing. It is delicious freezing cold with a good quality tonic. https://twitter.com/GinObsessions SFA AWARDS, WON BEST IN MEDIA & PUBLISHING