I was totally smitten by the welcoming ambiance .. . Unfortunately August is a very hot and humid month in Dubai and you may be uncomfortable outdoors. I know this will come as a big shock to all Dubai restauranteurs but here is a new concept for you to ruminate on. Save. Really small portion and not great in taste. I just love the way they did the interior it’s gorgeous! I highly recommend that you book in advice in order to get a table but I have to say it was worth the trip. Abudhabi Breakfast at Dickey’s. Why oh why do Dubai restaurants insist on this facade when it is so unnecessary and only spoils the start of what luckily became a great evening. We really enjoyed our dinner here! Amazing team from the door to ur table u feel the attention of every single move. Overall the experience was no more than average let down especially by the service. The ambiance is cool and mysterious when we walk in, and a hostess clad in heavy Indian jewelry welcomes us in. Chef Prashant Chipkar gives us a short description of the menu and talks about Masti as a whole. The innovative and surprising menu delighted with every course. Not complicated, confused and crap. Bland food, not a lot of it and a bill that was significantly more than the consistently stunning Zuma from the night before. Other than the fantastic location Masti has chosen, does it really prove to be one of the best there? While India provides the flavour palette for the kitchen, the cooking techniques and presentations draw a wider bow, taking inspiration from as far afield as Italy, Spain and South America. Food was fabulous!More. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Simple and great gets return customers. We will possibly not visit anymore. Masti, Dubai. While you sit back and relax with your Indian-accented tuna tartare and a citrussy blue G&T, you’ll be kept entertained by the sultry tunes of Lady J, with her signature blend of jazz, pop and contemporary tunes. Both drinks are good, but the High Chai really spoke out to me. Upstairs lounge very nice, were told we could only have table for 1:1/2 hrs due to bookings, place was still empty 2 hrs later. some deliberation was given another table upstairs after sitting there another server came and told us we had to move we couldn’t sit there it was booked. virtually on the beach and the option to dine alfresco or in doors. We probably overstayed our welcome as the restaurant closed for the night, but just had such a blast that we didn’t want to leave. Will go back maybe for drinks and bitesMore, Dubai has been coming up with quite a few Indian ventures lately, and while we usually stay away from the desi food while eating out, we are intrigued to explore the much talked about Masti located in La Mer. Be one of the first to write a review! Efficient, fast, accommodating and welcoming. Overall experience -*****(5 star)", Years ago, before the skyscrapers, before the 12-lane, cafes, smart boutiques, and art galleries. With the Entertainer discount, the bill came in at a reasonable 430 dirhams. Well, who does not truffle in Dubai nowadays. if memory serves me we did just that before squeezing past a vacuum of empty table to get to ours that they coveted so much. So food is excellent but 2 maybe 3 out of 4 dishes not served warm enough. We arrived on time at 7.30 and were told we could have the table only until 9.30. Very delicious food. We do have outdoor air conditions but from past experience we know they don't work very well from July - September as it is too hot and humid. Anyway, me and my husband are suffering from the food, even if it looked good and all something went really wrong. Please do let us know who the booking is under and we will make a note on our system that you would like to sit outside if weather permits but if weather conditions are unfavorable then you will be moved indoors. Food menu nice with lots of options and the better chicken was tasty but at 140 dhs and only served with bread no rice it was pricey. La Mer has been in the...talks for a lot of things these days, the diversity of restaurants it hosts, the beautiful lights that line the streets, also the street art culture it shows when you’re walking down its alleys. Chef Prashant Chipkar gives us a short description of the menu and talks about Masti as a whole. highly recommended. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. The food was terrific - we ordered an edamame salad to...start, which was fresh and delicious, followed by buttered chicken and lamb biryani for main course with a side of cheesy naan bread. Its missing 'con' at the beginning of the word. Staff were really knowledgeable and friendly. Very expensive for the quantity. It lost the theatre and wow facto becoming an average experience. Really enjoyed the vibe and the interiors. Inspirt of asking repeatedly the spice was non existent. Street 2A La Mer South, Dubai United Arab Emirates +971 4 344 4384 Website Menu. Home to one. My favourite was the scotch eggs and tamarind roast potatoes. Bland food, not a lot of it and a bill that was significantly more than the consistently stunning Zuma from the night before. There is a few options for Vegetarian but was really tasty. Thank you for choosing MASTI. food. Restauranteurs think 'fusion' is cool. So, disappointed that Masti where we have been has now fallen so low, we were chastened by the cost and the experience - guess that is the last mistake we made, so it won't happen again now. The setting is awesome. The staff were excellent - very attentive and friendly.More, Have been planning to visit this place after recommendations from friends and for sure it was worth the visit. Nevertheless, we expect great things to happen soon. Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) Hotels, Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Dubai, Hotels near Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark, Hotels near Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, Hotels near Dubai Museum & Al Fahidi Fort, Hotels near (DWC) Dubai World Central - Al Maktoum International Airport, Mexican Restaurants for Families in Dubai, South American Restaurants for Families in Dubai, Thai Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Dubai, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Dubai, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Dubai, Asian Restaurants for Families in The Marina. Drinks were well made food was well presented but not impressive and I didn’t see the fusion of Indian taste that’s why I think I didn’t give a 5 star. Music- Great and entertaining Disappointment after the Menu Change - Overpriced. We both have stomach aches and feel sick. Nasti is a confusion of flavours and textures that never really worked together and the dishes on their own were nothing to write home about. Simple and great gets return customers. The freshly minted G&J (that’s gin and jazz) Night on Mondays at Masti includes live jazz and a free-flow of gin cocktails, from 8pm to 11pm. My party consisted of English, Indian and Brindian and we can all take our spice off the scale. Years ago, before the skyscrapers, before the 12-lane, cafes, smart boutiques, and art galleries. Service really wasn’t very good at all so slow had to get up and look for a server at one point. Masti felt quite far from our normal marina ventures, but worth every minute of traffic to get there on a Thursday night. if memory serves me we did just that before squeezing past a vacuum of empty table to get to ours that they coveted so much. The cocktail was served with a bit of theater, delivered smoking in a glass case which was then opened by the server. ", See reviews that mention amazing food and ambience, "GREAT Nevertheless, we expect great things to happen soon. Could it be that friends gather at restaurants to enjoy each others conversations, share their experiences, to raise their spirits, console the distressed and to share their love. Its not. Butter chicken as main was lovely, beef ribs was also great ( however also not warm...enough ). The portion sizes of the mains was huge but we more more than happy as both were great. The hostess was very helpful...the manager is very professional and attentive the seating were nice. Inspirt of asking repeatedly the spice was non existent. like all Dubai restaurants the thumping music did its best to drown out any hope of manful conversation. All good in taste but nothing extremely wow for the pricing. The service however was excellent and they are a great team. Other than the fantastic location Masti has chosen, does it really prove to be one of the best there? Explore bustling backstreets, treat the kids to action-packed fun, or kick back on the beach with a breeze for company. The food is amazing. and there were two tiny ribs only on the plate. A post shared by MASTI – Cocktails & Cuisine (@mastidubai) on Aug 24, 2020 at 12:53am PDT. I highly recommend this place and its now in my list of my best places.More. Claimed. There’s a reason this cool bar at La Mer picked up our Best Mixed Drinks Bar award at the Time Out Dubai Music & Nightlife Awards 2019 – because it has a real dedication to mixology. Masti. Efficient, fast, accommodating and welcoming. Maybe it was the espresso… Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Both drinks are good, but the High Chai really spoke out to me. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. I will be back to drink and maybe snack but so far would struggle to chose it for food over Zuma or Coya or LPM or indeed the cheap but wonderful Karama asian unlicensed restaurants. I highly recommend that you book in advice in order to get a table but I have to say it was worth the trip. But my wife birthday evening began with the usual nonsensical fight with the receptionist about how long we could have the table for....Having been there a couple of times for drinks on a Friday I knew beyond any shadow of doubt the venue would be 1/2 to 3/4 full at best. In the end we got up from our table at Midnight. So food is excellent but 2 maybe 3 out of 4 dishes not served warm enough. Very disappointing. Nice ambience,decor and friendly staff. ", "Everything about this place is 5 star. Slightly pricey but on the entertainer so happy days. more. Unfortunately the toilets were not clean and tissues everywhere. We aren’t new to an attempt at progressive Indian in the UAE, the popular Carnival by Tresind is one of them. ere - a cold cut. the food there was amazing, especially since they are in an already overflown with Indian restaurants, and the staff were knowledgeable and very helpful. Also, the fact that this is probably the only Indian restaurant that doesn’t serve biryani. The setting is beautiful in the La Mer area next to the beach. If they had invested as much time and money in the food as they have the decor and snappy outfits of the waiters then it would command a galaxy of Michelin stars. In the end we got up from our table at Midnight. Read more on the website. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. If they had invested as much time and money in the food as they have the decor and snappy outfits of the waiters then it would command a galaxy of Michelin stars. MASTI Dubai - La Mer, Jumeirah, 7350 Dubai, United Arab Emirates - Rated 4.7 based on 23 Reviews "Great experience. Prevent this by booking, it was Thursday night. So definitely NOT worth the money for the quantity and quality. Enjoy laid-back fun at La Mer, Dubai’s eclectic beachfront. Lower the price point as well as the music and you have an outright winner of a venue. Masti At La Mer Dubai. start, which was fresh and delicious, followed by buttered chicken and lamb biryani for main course with a side of cheesy naan bread. Masti is renowned for serving some of Dubai’s most innovative cocktails – think smoke-filled glass chambers, quirky babushka doll vessels, and eye-popping garnishes – and the drinks list for G&J Night is no exception.