Pitchers have ears. He married Matilda of Saxony Billung around 944 and they had a son, Arnold. Matilda Billung was born before 951. Matilda was born in 0958 in , , Sachsen, Germany. She died 15 Mar 976 in Ringelheim, Salzgitter, Niedersachsen, Germany. She was also an older sister of King Richard, Duke Geoffrey, Queen Eleanor, Queen Joan and Prince John. 959, Conteville, France, 3. google_ad_client = "pub-2707004110972434"; google_ad_width = 728; (* 935/945; † 25. In 1174, Henry the, Berlin, North Rhine-Westphalia, Hamburg, France, United Kingdom, Richard I of England, Henry the Young King, John, King of England, House of Plantagenet, Henry I of England, House of Welf, Braunschweig, Alps, World War I, Authority control, Henry II of England, John, King of England, House of Plantagenet, Third Crusade, Kingdom of England, House of Ascania, House of Hohenzollern, House of Hesse, House of Oldenburg, House of Wettin, , This article will be permanently flagged as inappropriate and made unaccessible to everyone.          Sexual Content Royal Lives: The Devil’s Brood (2/7)-Matilda of England, Duchess of Saxony “She holds the mastery of virtue and courtesy, noble gifts, and most exquisite behavior”-Bertran de Born. Matilda of England, Duchess of Saxony Duchess of Saxony. The Annalista Saxo names (in order) "Bennonis ducis, qui et Bernhardus et Liudigeri comitis et Machtildis comitisse" as brothers and sister of "domna Suanehildis [filia] Herimanni ducis de Liuniburh", recording the names of Mechtild's two husbands[216]. April nach 995) 963/982 Graf von Verdun (Wigeriche), bestattet in der Abtei St. Peter in Gent. Baudouin III de Flanders & Matilda Billung. Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002. Please enable JavaScript in your browser's settings to use this part of Geni. Ermengarde (to 1042), who married Otto I of Bavaria (Hammerstein), 7. Jean DE CONTEVILLE: Jean was born in 0969 in Conteville, Normandy, France. Reproduction Date: Matilda of England (also called Maud; 1156 – 28 June 1189) was the eldest daughter of King Henry II of England and Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine. She was named after her paternal grandmother. She died at the age of 50 on May 25th, 1008 in Flanders, Belgium. Baldwin II died in 919 and was succeeded by his son Arnulf of Flanders, the Forester, who was succeeded in 988 by his son. Wife of Baldwin III, count of Flanders and Godefroi I the Captive, count of Ardennes Januar 962), ∞ um 963 Gottfried der Gefangene († 3./4. Matilda of SAXONY [Parents] 1, 2, 3 was born 943 in , Sachsen, Germany. ), Marriage Information: Mathilde also married Cte Godfrey (Gottfried) 'The Old' D' ARDENNES comte de Verdun, son of Gozelo (Gonzelon) D' ARDENNES and Uda, in 963 578,1055. She was named after her grandmother Matilda of England This functionality is only available in Javascript supporting browsers. Matilda of SAXONY [Parents] 1, 2, 3 was born 943 in , Sachsen, Germany. Now click on the desired name to select the person. Daughter of Hermann I, duke of Saxony and Hildegard von Westerburg Eleanor was born in 1122, in Bordeaux. From an unknown source her mother is listed as : ) Hildegard von Westerburg, daughter of Lothar II (874-929) graf von Walbeck & Stade and Swanhilde van Hamaland. Countess Bertha of FLANDERS, b. Abt 1008, d. Between 1036 and 1102, F, #105912, b. before 951, d. 25 May 1008. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Enter your e-mail address and you will receive the monthly, free Genealogy Online newsletter (in English) with new pedigrees and news and tips on the largest genealogy website in the Netherlands and Belgium. Graf von Flandern († 1. She died on June 28, 1189 in Brunswick, Braunschweig, Niedersachsen, Germany. Child of Matilda Billung and Baldwin III, Comte de Flandre et Artois, http://www.thepeerage.com/p10592.htm#i105912. Language; Watch; Edit; Active discussions This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects: WikiProject Biography / Royalty and Nobility (Rated Start-class) This article is within the scope of WikiProject Biography, a collaborative effort to create, develop and organize Wikipedia's articles about people.