Roses are wonderful remembrance garden plants for loved ones, with a host of varieties including the scarlet Loving Memory, old-fashioned Memory Bells and thornless Never Forgotten specially named with loving sentiments in mind. Given the right amount of sunshine or shade, nutrients and water, most plants will thrive in containers, so don’t let space limit your imagination, when it comes to creating a remembrance garden. Thanks for the hub. Plants and features that evoke memories are an important part of special memory gardens, while some people also choose to make their loved one’s remains a focal point of a garden memorial. Cindy Lawson (author) from Guernsey (Channel Islands) on December 01, 2011: Thanks so much for your kind words Seeker7, I hope your Dad has many years left in him yet before you need to utilise any of these ideas. Grasses or bamboo, spinners or windchimes are also great memorial garden ideas, combining ornamental features with gentle sounds. From shop SunshineSusieBtq. Rosemary makes a wonderful living garden memorial and is traditionally the herb of remembrance. Wonderful Hub Misty. One of these trophies is a memorial to a man who died in 1954, and it is still being won every year. See more ideas about Sympathy gifts, Celebration of life, How to memorize things. Now that they are all departed, part of the ashes were spread where they requested, the rest put into marble urns. Or perhaps there are certain colors or scents that remind you of them. Ornamental bird baths and stone benches are also a charming way to remember loved ones, incorporating a niche in the plinth to accommodate cremation ashes. Plant a tree in their memory, either in your garden or in a public place where you will be able to visit it whenever you wish to (you can even have a plaque attached to tree dedicating it to the individual along with a few well chosen sentiments). This dvd can be copied multiple times and copies given to each of those grieving for the deceased. When I move, the altar and ashes go with me. Cindy Lawson (author) from Guernsey (Channel Islands) on April 17, 2013: Thank you vibesites, I really hope that there is something for everyone here, and that the ideas have helped people to find ways to keep their loved ones close to them even after death. Cindy Lawson (author) from Guernsey (Channel Islands) on April 13, 2015: Well if it is your farm I don't think it has anything to do with the other members of the family whether you fence in your animals or not. Honestly, if you have a beloved one to remember then you should consider building a memorial garden. Some ideas you might want to try include: Even if you don't have the ashes, there are still things you can do that allow you to feel close to your family member or friend. Memorial ideas for mom garden solar lanterns outdoor gardens 40 heartwarming pelaburemasperak com memory bench prayer loved her flowers continues in honor pet creating a to remember ones blog botanical paperworks how make your own on budget savvy saving couple 12 best memorials images gifts. With Sympathy Gifts and Keepsakes - Remembrance & Memorial Gifts. Nectar-rich and beautiful blooms including hyssop, marigolds, beebalm, marguerite, flowering tobacco and passionflower are much-loved by butterflies, which also find the purple-flowering Orange Eye Butterfly bush (Buddleja davidii) irresistible. There is nothing sad or morose about it. Party Supplies Invitations & Paper Wedding Decorations Wedding Gifts ... Personalized Memorial Garden Flag Memorial Flag In Memory Personalized Flag Memorial Flag Sympathy Gift Cemetery Decoration Funeral Gift SunshineSusieBtq. Single parenting can be hard and all-consuming. 4.4 out of 5 stars 68. Perfect. Set up a charity in their memory, whether to support research into a medical problem they died from, or to increase public awareness of dangerous drugs that contributed to their death etc. You might also consider how a a garden statue could remind you of a joyful memory that you shared with your loved one. This is a pricey tribute, but if you can afford it I believe it is a fantastic way to ensure the loved one is never forgotten. What are important symbols of hope or healing for you? She had told me she wanted scattered throughout our 20 acre farm mostly by our fishing pond. Helen Murphy Howell from Fife, Scotland on December 01, 2011: A wonderful hub misty and it's something I hadn't thought about before. Cindy Lawson (author) from Guernsey (Channel Islands) on March 16, 2017: Hi Betts5, I can't give you permission to post all or part of the article elsewhere as that would cause a duplicate content issue on the Internet and also dilute my own traffic.