Advance your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study Bible notes. Micah 1 (NKJV) - The word of the LORD Judgment on Israel and Judah All rights reserved. 36:2, NKJV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NKJV, Vines Expository Bible, Comfort Print: A Guided Journey Through the Scriptures with Pastor Jerry Vines, NKJV, Bride's Bible, Leathersoft, White, Red Letter, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People. Creating an account allows you to access more features and content such as: Reading the Bible is rewarding, and these plans make it easy! 1The word of the Lord that came to Micah of Moresheth in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem. 6 “Therefore I will make Samaria a heap of ruins in the field,Places for planting a vineyard;I will pour down her stones into the valley,And I will uncover her foundations.7 All her carved images shall be beaten to pieces,And all her pay as a harlot shall be burned with the fire;All her idols I will lay desolate,For she gathered it from the pay of a harlot,And they shall return to the pay of a harlot.”. Let the Lord God be a witness against you, The Lord from His holy temple. 1:1; Hos. 2 Hear, all you peoples!Listen, O earth, and all that is in it!Let the Lord God be a witness against you,The Lord from His holy temple. Try it for 30 days FREE. $3.99 a month puts a library of commentaries, study notes, and Greek & Hebrew language tools right in your pocket. Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. 10:3; 2 Kin. 2 Hear, all you peoples! 2 Hear, all you peoples! Listen, O earth, and all that is in it! 10 Tell it not in Gath,Weep not at all;In [a]Beth AphrahRoll yourself in the dust.11 Pass by in naked shame, you inhabitant of [b]Shaphir;The inhabitant of [c]Zaanan does not go out.Beth Ezel mourns;Its place to stand is taken away from you. The best value in digital Bible study. Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. Its place to stand is taken away from you. I will pour down her stones into the valley. 1:1; Hos. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. 14 Therefore you shall give presents to [f]Moresheth Gath;The houses of Achzib[g] shall be a lie to the kings of Israel.15 I will yet bring an heir to you, O inhabitant of Mareshah;[h]The glory of Israel shall come to Adullam. Take notes, highlights, and favorites to share or document personal thoughts. You'll get this book and many others when you join Bible Gateway Plus. 12 For the inhabitant of [d]Maroth [e]pined for good,But disaster came down from the LordTo the gate of Jerusalem.13 O inhabitant of Lachish,Harness the chariot to the swift steeds(She was the beginning of sin to the daughter of Zion),For the transgressions of Israel were found in you. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. Create or log in to your Bible Gateway account. I will pour down her stones into the valley. 1:1; Hos. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices. 27:1–9; Is. And tread on the high places of the earth. Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. Upgrade, and get the most out of your new account. 10 (L)Tell it not in Gath,Weep not at all;In [a]Beth AphrahRoll yourself in the dust.11 Pass by in naked shame, you inhabitant of [b]Shaphir;The inhabitant of [c]Zaanan does not go out.Beth Ezel mourns;Its place to stand is taken away from you. Micah 1:1 New King James Version (NKJV) Judgment on Israel and Judah 1 The word of the Lord that came to Micah of Moresheth in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem. 27:1–9; Is. $3.99 a month for 40+ study tools. To manage your subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account settings. 2 Kin. 1 The word of the Lord that came to Micah of Moresheth in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem. Used by permission. $3.99 a month puts a library of commentaries, study notes, and Greek & Hebrew language tools right in your pocket. Used by permission. 1:1, Josh. The Coming Judgment on Israel 2 Kin. 1 The word of the Lord that came to Micah of Moresheth in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem. 1 The word of the Lord that came to (A)Micah of Moresheth in the days of (B)Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem. 6 “Therefore I will make Samaria (F)a heap of ruins in the field,Places for planting a vineyard;I will pour down her stones into the valley,And I will (G)uncover her foundations.7 All her carved images shall be beaten to pieces,And all her (H)pay as a harlot shall be burned with the fire;All her idols I will lay desolate,For she gathered it from the pay of a harlot,And they shall return to the (I)pay of a harlot.”. The Coming Judgment on Israel All rights reserved. Find out more here. Listen, O earth, and all that is in it! Used by permission. Three easy steps to start your free trial subscription to Bible Gateway Plus. [i]16 Make yourself (T)bald and cut off your hair,Because of your (U)precious children;Enlarge your baldness like an eagle,For they shall go from you into (V)captivity. And tread on the high places of the earth. 1 The word of the Lord that came to (A)Micah of Moresheth in the days of (B)Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem. 1 The word of the Lord that came to Micah of Moresheth in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem. 14 Therefore you shall (P)give presents to [f]Moresheth Gath;The houses of (Q)Achzib[g] shall be a lie to the kings of Israel.15 I will yet bring an heir to you, O inhabitant of (R)Mareshah;[h]The glory of Israel shall come to (S)Adullam. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. New King James Version (NKJV). 1 The word of the Lord that came to Micah of Moresheth in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem. 36:2, NKJV, Lucado Encouraging Word Bible, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NKJV, Chronological Study Bible: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Open Bible, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Complete Reference System, NKJV, Vines Expository Bible, Comfort Print: A Guided Journey Through the Scriptures with Pastor Jerry Vines, The NKJV, American Patriot's Bible, Hardcover: The Word of God and the Shaping of America. Don't have an account? 3 For behold, the Lord is coming out of His place;He will come downAnd tread on the high places of the earth.4 The mountains will melt under Him,And the valleys will splitLike wax before the fire,Like waters poured down a steep place.5 All this is for the transgression of JacobAnd for the sins of the house of Israel.What is the transgression of Jacob?Is it not Samaria?And what are the high places of Judah?Are they not Jerusalem? Listen, O earth, and all that is in it! Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. 15:5, 7, 32–38; 2 Chr. [i]16 Make yourself bald and cut off your hair,Because of your precious children;Enlarge your baldness like an eagle,For they shall go from you into captivity. All rights reserved. 2 Kin. 14:19; 18:14; Is. Micah 1 New King James Version (NKJV) Judgment on Israel and Judah 1 The word of the Lord that came to Micah of Moresheth in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem. 8 Therefore I will wail and howl,I will go stripped and naked;I will make a wailing like the jackalsAnd a mourning like the ostriches,9 For her wounds are incurable.For it has come to Judah;It has come to the gate of My people—To Jerusalem. New King James Version (NKJV). 8 Therefore I will wail and howl,I will go stripped and naked;(J)I will make a wailing like the jackalsAnd a mourning like the ostriches,9 For her wounds are incurable.For (K)it has come to Judah;It has come to the gate of My people—To Jerusalem. 27:1–9; Is. Learn more. 14:19; 18:14; Is. Its place to stand is taken away from you. The next step is to choose a monthly or yearly subscription, and then enter your payment information. 1:1, NKJV, Abide Bible, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV Word Study Bible: 1,700 Key Words that Unlock the Meaning of the Bible, NKJV, Vines Expository Bible, Comfort Print: A Guided Journey Through the Scriptures with Pastor Jerry Vines, NKJV, The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, NKJV, Lucado Encouraging Word Bible, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Open Bible, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Complete Reference System. 2 Hear, all you peoples!Listen, O earth, and all that is in it!Let the Lord God be a witness against you,The Lord from (C)His holy temple. The Coming Judgment on Israel 15:5, 7, 32–38; 2 Chr. 12 For the inhabitant of [d]Maroth [e]pined for good,But (M)disaster came down from the LordTo the gate of Jerusalem.13 O inhabitant of (N)Lachish,Harness the chariot to the swift steeds(She was the beginning of sin to the daughter of Zion),For the transgressions of Israel were (O)found in you. New King James Version (NKJV) To subscribe at our regular subscription rate, click the button below. The Coming Judgment on Israel 2Hear, all you peoples! Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. Begin reading God's Word ad-free with instant access to your new online study library. You can cancel anytime during the trial period. 1:1, Josh. 15:5, 7, 32–38; 2 Chr. 3 For behold, the Lord is coming out of His place;He will come downAnd tread on the high places of the earth.4 (D)The mountains will melt under Him,And the valleys will splitLike wax before the fire,Like waters poured down a steep place.5 All this is for the transgression of JacobAnd for the sins of the house of Israel.What is the transgression of Jacob?Is it not Samaria?And what are the (E)high places of Judah?Are they not Jerusalem?