Both knives feature the same drop point blade and AXIS lock mechanism, and both offer more unique options for everyday carry. In fact, I think Benchmade may have made tiny improvements over the years as this knife has absolutely no blade play, up or down. That’s lighter than the Benchmade Proper I reviewed a while back. If you liked the Bugout, like most people did, and thought it was a bit big or if you hoped for a genuine competitor for the Dragonfly, the Mini Bugout should be on your radar. And the nice thing is that you don’t give up much with this smaller knife. Learn how your comment data is processed. Personally, the Mini Bugout gets the nod over the Mini Griptilian. It works great, and continues to be one of my favorite locks. The Mini Bugout is exactly how it sounds; a miniature version of the Bugout with a smaller blade and handle. Best Tactical Knives With a closed length of 3.7”, this ultralight folder is small enough for a mint tin, yet big enough for adventure.

That gives the knife almost a jewelry like quality. And the nice thing is that you don’t give up much with this smaller knife. Here’s a parting size comparison with the Benchmade Mini Griptilian: I like both knives, but the Mini Bugout is even thinner and lighter. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. BUGOUT vs. 940 vs. MINI GRIPTILIAN . It's a fascinating hobby imo, I love it. Alas, some twenty years after the introduction of Good Ole C28, Benchmade has a response and it is a chorus of angels singing. I think part of the Bugout’s struggle with cost has to do with its perception as an outdoor-only folder. Pour ceux qui aiment les produits de qualité, Couteaux et pinces multifonction : tendances et inspiration, Tout ce qu’il faut savoir sur les pinces multifonction, Spotlight : Couteau de bushcraft Real Steel Bushcraft Plus Convex 3720. One of the most common complaints I’ve heard about the Bugout goes a little something like this: “Why are they charging so much money for a knife with an intentionally lightweight design? So the thought of shrinking down the full size Bugout to something approximating the dimensions of a Mini Griptilian is a no brainer. With a closed length of 3.7”, this ultralight folder is small enough for a mint tin, yet big enough for adventure.

It’s a black oxidized deep carry clip. Revue d'expert Bark River Knives Bushcrafter 1 | Le parfait couteau de bushcraft, 150 ans Böker : Visite de la Manufaktur à Solingen en Allemagne, Neufs couteaux Must-Have pour tous collectionneurs. It’s one of the nicer lightweight materials I’ve encountered, equally pleasing to the eye and hand. The high visibility orange handle seems to suggest it was designed with outdoor use in mind. Bugout. Elle est aiguisée très finement. Within a few days you can have a 6 foot tall bamboo shoot sprout up. Couteaux Laguiole : comment reconnaître une contrefaçon ? Best Survival Knives Available in two different colorways, the Mini Bugout maintains the same material configuration as its full-sized counterparts in a 1.5 oz package. It is excellent at slicing, is easy to control, it holds a great edge, and is simple to sharpen. Nous utilisons des cookies et technologies similaires afin d’améliorer notre service. Blade centering is off by a hair, but still acceptable in my book. Benchmade - 533BK-1 Mini Bugout Folding Knife, Drop Point Blade, Plain Edge, Satin Finish, Orange Handle, Made in the USA, LIGHT AS A FEATHER: And incredibly tough; Ideal for hiking, camping, and backpacking, and made for everyday use; A lightweight, go-anywhere tool. And much like the full size Bugout, Benchmade color matched the standoffs and thumb stud. Enter before February 7th for your chance to win. GiantMouse Knives : enfin disponibles en Europe ! I’ve used mine mostly for opening packages. Un détail soigneusement pensé par les designers de Benchmade. The result of overwhelming feedback, the Bugout has been scaled down in the form of the new 533 Mini Bugout. Despite the short liners, the Mini Bugout is still extremely rigid. And the clip has excellent spring retention as well. Do not underestimate a Spyderco backlock... its a safer one handed opening and closing than an Axis lock. Probably a bit much for a little knife like this but the Mini Bugout was up to the task. Like many Benchmade knives, the Mini Bugout comes with dual thumb studs and an axis lock. Captain Obvious tells me this is a thin, light, and small knife. Le Bugout 533 est conçu pour ceux pour qui chaque gramme compte. The Bugout had a simple handle design to begin with, which allowed the good ergos to shrink with the rest of the design. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Longueur : 6 cm, Pour ceux qui aiment les produits de qualité, Benchmade Edge Maintenance Tool 50030 système d'aiguisage de poche, Work Sharp Multi Sharpener, Ken Onion Edition, Benchmade Counter Mat 100724F tapis à couteaux, Benchmade Single Knife Stand 100370F support à couteaux, Work Sharp Angle Set aiguiseur à couteaux, WSBCHAGS, Fenix E18R rechargeable LED-lampe de poche, Couteaux et pinces multifonction : tendances et inspiration, Tout ce qu’il faut savoir sur les pinces multifonction, Spotlight : Couteau de bushcraft Real Steel Bushcraft Plus Convex 3720.