Chocolate Mint Lovers this cupcake recipe is a MUST TRY!! The frosting was even more awful! Yesterday’s creation (see it here) had me dancing for joy, I look forward to sharing that one with you very soon. Enter to Win $10,000 to Makeover Your Home! Keep everything from your countertops to your dining room chairs germ-free. Mint and chocolate is one of my favorite combination of flavors! So it was only a matter of time until another mint chocolate treat came out of the Sweetest Menu kitchen. Mint Chocolate Cupcakes are a great low carb treat for St. Patrick’s Day or springtime. I was a little worried by the previous 2 comments, and more worried when the batter looked like soup! Start by carving out a designated work area in your space. Set cakes out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely. Line a muffin tin with greased liners. They begin with a soft and fluffy chocolate cake piled high with creamy mint buttercream topped with a chocolate mint cookie. I agree with the last poster...these cupcakes were dry and nearly flavorless. Combine 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar in a large bowl; beat together with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. You likely wash your hands several times a day, but are you doing so effectively? Undecorated cupcakes will keep, covered, for 1 day, or frozen for up to 2 months. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Please let me know if there are any Christmas treats and desserts you would like to see on Sweetest Menu this year. Fold peppermint candies into the batter. ★☆. Welcome guests to your home this autumn with rustic gourd garlands, decorated pumpkins, and wreaths and centerpieces made from foraged materials. Learn how to minimize the spread of germs with an extra few seconds of scrubbing. A fresh burst of mint greets your taste buds when you bite into one of these enchanting cupcakes. I modified my original Key Lime Cupcake recipe to create this one because it still holds up today.. Only a cluster of chocolate-mint leaves on top suggests the primary flavor component. Have a question? Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Pop the butter into the microwave for a short burst, 10 seconds or so at a time, until it is JUST melted. From which platforms to use and the best books to read, bibliophiles share their advice. The sponge is a rich chocolate, and the creamy, smooth chocolate buttercream has melted After Eights whipped right into it - absolutely stunning. I then added about 3/4 cu flour, and extra peppermint extract. In a separate mixing bowl, add the eggs, vanilla and butter and whisk together until smooth. Transfer cupcakes to racks, and let cool. Allow to cool, about 10 minutes. For tips on piping check out my cupcake frosting post HERE. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It is hey! This post may contain affiliate links. These cupcakes are gorgeous! Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. If you love the taste of decadent chocolate combined with mint and love low carb, then this recipe is for you. After covering cupcakes with buttercream, decorating with sprinkles or chocolate pieces is recommended. Unrefined sugar has more flavour and is great for cake baking as it tends to keep cakes moister too. Bake in the preheated oven until cupcakes are firm to the touch or a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Frost each cupcake with buttercream. The icing should be nice and creamy but thick enough to hold its shape. Our fall-focused indoor and outdoor decorating ideas are guaranteed ways to make the perfect first impression when family and friends come calling on Thanksgiving—or any day during the season. When you need a comforting meal but don't have a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes. Yet they are still striking and will be a welcome addition to any dessert table. They are sweet but not too sweet, with a little crunch from the cookie and the perfect hint of mint throughout. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until just cooked through. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. How was your weekend? Yield about 32 cupcakes; I wish I had some rave review or anecdote to make you want to eat these cupcakes, but I don’t. Explore the best in fall perennials and start planning your autumn garden's layout. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. I always leave your blog wanting something sweet and these cupcakes look incredible. Thanks so much for sharing! Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. The truth is that mint chocolate is simply not a flavor combination I enjoy. Remove cupcakes from the pan and set on a rack to cool, about 30 minutes. All Rights Reserved. Then try our go-to menu. #sweetestmenu ★☆ Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Add a tablespoon or two of milk to help loosen up the mixture. Here, get our best grilling recipes for everything from fish and meat to pizza and oysters. I am such a fan of mint so I love these, Jess! These are my super soft, moist and fluffy chocolate cupcakes that was used at the beginning of the week, filled with a mint and dark chocolate ganache, topped with a rich and creamy mint chocolate frosting. Hosting fewer guests this holiday season due to the coronavirus pandemic? No robust chocolate flavor and spongelike. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add peppermint extract. Mint Chocolate Cupcakes 89. Congrats! Chocolate and mint are such a great combo! Thanks to Immaculate Baking Co. for sponsoring this post, and thank YOU for supporting the brands that keep Desserts … If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. 18 Fall Centerpieces That Will Elevate Your Table, The Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner Menu for Your Smaller Celebration, Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners, 16 of Our Best Fall Harvest Decorating Ideas for Your Home, The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year, How to Disinfect Your Kitchen and Your Food During the Coronavirus Outbreak, According to Experts, Your Guide to the Most Popular Fall Perennials, How to Wash Your Hands Properly, According to a Doctor, How to Plan a Beautiful, Meaningful Micro Wedding So That You Can Celebrate Your Postponed Nuptials Right Now, Six Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health While You Work from Home. Mix in vanilla extract.