It is commonly abbreviated in everyday use in the United States, the United Kingdom, and elsewhere to mph or MPH, although mi/h is sometimes used in technical publications. Examples include mm, Miles per hour also can be marked as mile/hour and mi/h. Do the math. Convert Pace to MPH and Back Again in Excel, The VALUE Function in Excel – Converting Text Dates, The Data Adds Up: Using the Addition Formula in Excel, HLOOKUP In Excel: Everything You Need to Know, The Best Excel Book to Purchase from Amazon. Note that rounding errors may occur, so always check the results. For example, if you’re running a marathon, the distance would be 26.2 miles. Miles per minute also can be marked as mile/minute. An example with two data points: Use the calculations suggested by expert track coach Jake Kuritz to calculate your pace. I assume its because Excel is treating these as times (time of day) and not timespans. The whole number, 5 in this example, represents the minutes. Trying to compute an average of paces doesn’t work. inch, 100 kg, US fluid ounce, 6'3", 10 stone 4, cubic cm, Combining equations in cells B2 and C2 gets us the conversion in one big equation: Here we simply invert the decimal hours to get our answer, one (1) divided by 0.0222778 decimal hours, gives us 4.49 MPH. 600 mph = 10 mile/minute. Please enter distance and pace (or speed ), and select the unit of them. I’ve tried the custom mm:ss as used for the speed to pace conversion, but that doesn’t seem to work. For example: 9,045 ÷ 26.2 = 345.23 seconds, Convert the seconds into minutes by dividing by 60: 345.23 ÷ 60 = 5.75. as English units, currency, and other data. The equation for cell B2 is: This formula works because column B is formatted using the mm:ss custom format. I made this for myself because I became very accustomed to using mph from my treadmill as a gauge of my speed, and thus pace. symbols, abbreviations, or full names for units of length, 500 mph = 8 1 3 mile/minute. mph to league/day 200 mph = 3 1 3 mile/minute. mile/minute My Conversion Problem for Minutes per Mile to MPH. But when I stated talking with other runners, mph didn't mean as much to them as min/mile. Please enable Javascript Excel is a great tool for figuring stuff out, like for conversions that aren’t easy to do in your head. Suggestions? I track my Average Pace when out walking for exercise by using the iPhone App Walkmeter, then log that information into the Lose It App. I can use =AVERAGE(B2:B8) to get the answer 18:47 but have to have the same cell formatting as the pace range. Multiply the number of hours by 60 (the number of minutes in an hour) to convert into minutes. The SI derived unit for speed is the meter/second. The History of Microsoft Excel: How It Came to Be, How to Find Outliers in Excel in # Easy Steps. mile/minute to mph, or enter any two units below: mph to inch/second The problem with this is that Walkmeter shows the Average Pace in Minutes and Seconds per mile, which is not decimal minutes per mile. 300 mph = 5 mile/minute. This chart helps in converting from treadmill's miles per hour to the outside world of pace (minutes per mile). Below you can see my average pace is 13:22 per mile, but Lose It wants me to pick from a list of MPH values. The answer is 60. When we divide 3600 by an MPH value, it gives us the number of seconds it takes to go one mile. The problem is that every pace value in a list is “per mile” and disregards how many miles. 1) 10 miles in 60 minutes, a pace of 6 minutes per mile, and Essentially reversing what I just did above. minutes seconds per mile mph (miles per hour) minutes seconds per km minutes seconds per 5km kph (km per hour) Time of marathon and lap time; Marathon min/mile mph min/km; 3 hours: 6 m 51 s: 8.7: 4 m 15 s: 3 h 30 m: 8 m 00 s: 7.4: 4 m 58 s: 4 hours: 9 m 09 s: 6.5: 5 m 41 s: 4. Use this page to learn how to convert between miles/hour and miles/minute. If you set a goal of running a marathon in less than two hours and 30 minutes, you need to accurately determine the pace at which you should run per mile during the race to reach that goal. Note that rounding errors may occur, so always check the results. Calculating your minutes-per-mile pace helps you set and reach goals for both running and walking. The TIME Function above has three arguments: Now that I’ve converted minutes and seconds to either decimal minutes or hours, converting Pace to MPH can be completed in a second step. Identify the distance you’ll travel in miles. For a given set of MPH values I want to convert to Pace per mile and show the result in a minutes:seconds format. Based on these calculations, to run a marathon in 2 hours, 30 minutes and 45 seconds, you need to run each mile at a 5-minute, 45-second pace. (Hours x 60 x 60) + (minutes x 60) + seconds = time in seconds. 400 mph = 6 2 3 mile/minute. Since 2000, Beth Dreher has covered health, fitness, sports, nutrition, gear, business and relationships for national publications such as "Men's Health," "Runner's World," "Spry" and "Health." The average of averages is (30 + 6) / 2 = 18 minutes per mile, and ignores the number of miles at a particular pace. mph to foot/hour If your pace is 9.5 minutes per mile and you ran 3 miles: 9.5 min per mi × 3 mi = 28.5 minutes = 28 minutes, 30 seconds How to calculate running speed. 1 mph = 0.447 04 m/s. 86400 being the number of seconds in a day. The problem I have is converting my Average Pace to Miles per Hour (MPH). I suspect it has to do with the formatting of the cell in which I enter the pace. Miles per hour is a unit of speed, expressing the number of international miles covered per hour. The problem I have is converting my Average Pace to Miles per Hour (MPH). For this example, 10.5 miles / 120 minutes = 0.0875 minutes per mile. I’ve followed your advice to convert mph to pace, but my attempts to convert pace to mph have failed. We can then use a custom format of mm:ss for the Pace range and the conversion is complete. If you set a goal of running a marathon in less than two hours and 30 minutes, you need to accurately determine the pace at which you should run per mile during the race to reach that goal. There are a couple of ways to convert minutes:seconds to decimal minutes. Unit Descriptions; 1 Mile per Hour: A distance of one international mile or 1 760 international yards or exactly 1609.344 meters travelled in one hour or exactly 3 600 seconds. 1 Mile per hour = 1.60934 kilometers per hour = 0.44704 meters per second (SI base unit). Type in your own numbers in the form to convert the units! Divide the distance in miles by the time in minutes. How to Calculate Speed Figures for Horse Races, How to Set the Wheel Size in a Bike Computer, Jake Kuritz; Track Coach; San Diego, California. The formatting for MPH is either General or Number, which shouldn’t be the problem. Mile Per Hour (mph) is a unit of Speed used in Standard system. Use this page to learn how to convert between miles/hour and miles/minute. Here I’m converting Pace to MPH and then reversing the process, converting MPH to Pace, to create a conversion chart. 2) 1 mile in 30 minutes, a pace of 30 minutes per mile. Odd, tried again with the same formatting and it still didn’t work. to use the unit converter. 100 mph = 1 2 3 mile/minute. mile per hour = 60 ÷ (minute per mile) How many minutes per mile in a mile per hour: If v … 700 mph = 11 2 3 mile/minute. We’ll also use the fact that 1 hour = 3600 seconds. Google Sheets vs Excel: How Do They Differ? How many mph in 1 mile/minute? To respond to David’s question from above, was able to get 13:22 to display correctly in A2 and get the correct values in B2 and C2 by entering the following in A2 in conjunction with mm:ss formatting…. Just copy either formula directly from this comment and a paste it into the formula bar of your Excel worksheet. The SI derived unit for speed is the meter/second. Calculate time from distance and pace. ›› Quick conversion chart of mph to mile/minute This solution uses the Excel Functions MINUTE and SECOND. 1 mile per hour (mph) = 0.016666667 mile per minute (mi/min). Type in unit Pingback: Aircraft Models and Kits » Blog Archive » Jet Model Airplanes Video. area, mass, pressure, and other types. Plugging these seconds into the TIME Function will give us our answer, but as a time serial number. Quick conversion chart of mph to mile/minute. We assume you are converting between mile/hour and mile/minute. Divide the seconds by 60 then add the result to the number of minutes to get decimal minutes. Miles per hour (abbreviated mph, MPH or mi/h) is an imperial and United States customary unit of speed expressing the number of statute miles covered in one hour. Mph to Miles Per Minute Table100 to 1 × 10 6. mph to miles per minute. mph to nautical mile/day Multiply the number after the decimal by 60 to get the seconds: .75 x 60 = 45. The average of paces is really and average of averages. 1 meter/second is equal to 2.2369362920544 mph, or 0.03728227153424 mile/minute. To get a weighted average for pace you have to sum the miles, then sum the minutes, then divide the sum of minutes by the sum of miles. If the time was 2 hours, you would multiply 2 by 60, which equals 120 minutes. Calculating your minutes-per-mile pace helps you set and reach goals for both running and walking. You can use algebra to work out how to convert Pace, in minutes per mile, to MPH. Thanks – and thanks for this posting. For example, if you’d like to complete a marathon in two hours, 30 minutes and 45 seconds, the equation is: (2 x 60 x 60) + (30 x 60) + 45 = 9,045 seconds, Divide the total number of seconds by the total number of miles to determine the seconds per mile.