But guess what, so does Rodriguez. Leos’ submission victory over Miranda Granger at UFC Busan was her last outing under the UFC banner. MMA Mania, UFC news, results, videos, rumors, fights, UFC on ESPN 15 predictions: ‘Munhoz vs Edgar’ early ‘Prelims’ undercard preview, UFC 255, The Morning After: Perry’s Wasted Potential. Mark Striegl (18-2) initially made his name in PXC and ONE Championships, becoming a fixture on the SEA scene. UFC on ESPN 15 predictions: Who has Edgar upsetting Munhoz? "I just have to worry about winning my fight Saturday," Edgar said.

( Log Out /  The UFC returns to the Apex octagon, carrying on from last week’s heavyweight championship between Stipe Miocic and Daniel Cormier.

Now, the UFC Fight Night: Munhoz vs. Edgar card might look a bit, well, light on talent. I won’t say it’s not a letdown after UFC 252, but Pedro Munhoz vs. Frankie Edgar is one killer main event. During that opening round, Menifeld looked viscous dangerous but the gameplan on how to beat him is now out in the open. The 33-year-old Californian stopped veteran Tim Means in his UFC debut before taking a decision against Gabriel Greene in May. I have a small daughter in the house and my wife and I felt pretty sick but it was something that we worked through and are here today. This might go against the grain here, but I think Inoue’s struggles to cut weight might leave her a little drained heading into this one. Edgar’s chin is always a risk factor, but last-minute fights have plagued his career, so a full-camp and healthy Edgar could prove he still deserves to be fighting the big boys. In that moment [after contracting the coronavirus], I just tried to be grateful so nothing worse would happen to me and the family. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. site: media | arena: mma | pageType: stories | © 2004-2020 CBS Interactive. ( Log Out /  During Munhoz’s career, every time he has stepped up from contenders to actual top-ten fighters, he has looked lost at sea. Inoue is a solid grappler, however. But before that, Munhoz had run off three straight impressive wins including a clean knockout of former champion Cody Garbrandt.

I’m not sure I’m going with the bookmakers’ consensus that it will be an absolute walkover, as Strigel has a solid combat sambo game. Wednesday, July 15th, 2020 at 11:30 PM (UFC Fight Island) The Line: Pedro Munhoz … Pointless fight, pointless brain damage, everything that is wrong about this sport. Mariya Agapova (9-1) put her unsuccessful “Contender Series” appearance behind her with an impressive run in Invicta, which saw her stop both of her opponents in less than one round apiece. 5, this is the perfect guy I want to fight.". UFC Vegas 15 Fight Card, ESPN+ Lineup. Still, Valiev should have just a bit more to give on the night. Inoue is the Japanese Paige Van Zant. UFC President Dana White in no hurry to cut "fun" Mike Perry after "Platinum" came up short against Tim Means at the UFC 255 pay-per-view (PPV) event in Las Vegas, Nevada. UFC President Dana White in no hurry to cut "fun" Mike Perry after "Platinum" came up short against Tim Means at the UFC 255 pay-per-view (PPV) event in Las Vegas, Nevada. 2 at featherweight. Guys like BJ Boston (Kentucky)... Monday Night Football DFS Picks and Lineup Advice – Rams vs. Being [that he's ranked] No. Expected to be overwhelmed on the ground by the elite grappler, Hubbard landed hurtful intercepting shots which drained Rohskopf’s gas tank and allowed Hubbard to gain complete control by the end of the second round.

I’m focusing on more than just the main event between Pedro Munhoz and Frankie Edgar in this piece. A self-confessed sports fanatic, when Adam is not watching and writing about rugby, soccer, Gaelic Games, and F1, he can often be found working on methods and strategies to beat the bookies. Not only this, but I give an honest and unbiased assessment of who wins this fight. I think I have to give the nod to Kasanganay, as he looks more than fresh enough to bag a decision victory in his debut fight.

The Japanese fighter has stopped his opponents in both UFC victories and is coming off a 48-second stoppage of Jason Witt in their June bout. Kasanganay only won his UFC contract on Tuesday night’s Dana White’s Contender Series 28. Buckley Calls Out Krause For UFC 257: ‘I Really Want To Hurt This Man’, Injured ‘Shogun’ A ‘Shell Of His Former Self’ At UFC 255. Factor in a long layoff with injury and there are questions of whether Grant will succumb to cage rust. Check out the Bloody Elbow staff’s picks and predictions for Saturday’s UFC on ESPN: Munhoz vs. Edgar card in Las Vegas.

If that’s the case, you’re gonna love what’s on the menu over the course of the next few months. To check out the latest and greatest UFC on ESPN 15: “Munhoz vs. Edgar” news and notes be sure to hit up our comprehensive event archive right here. 22 August 2020. He has two losses from two fights, with “Smile’n” Sam Alvey and Russian destroyer Magomed Ankalaev both knocking him out in the first round. He was stopped by Chan Sung Jung in the first round of their December bout and also suffered a first-round knockout loss in 2018 against Brian Ortega, who is ranked No. Let’s kick things off with the main event, before working our way down to the premiums. Remember that MMAmania.com will deliver LIVE round-by-round, blow-by-blow coverage of the entire UFC on ESPN 15 fight card this weekend right here, starting with the ESPN+/ESPN “Prelims” matches, which are scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. Pedro Munhoz (-280) vs. Frankie Edgar (+230), Alonzo Menifield (-125) vs. Ovince St. Preux (+105), Mike Rodriguez (-220) vs. Marcin Prachino (+190), Daniel Rodriguez (-175) vs. Takashi Soto (+155), Mizuki Inoue (-165) vs. Amanda Lemos (+145), Joe Solecki (-140) vs. Austin Hubbard (+120), Mariya Agapova (-1,100) vs. Shana Dobson (+700), Dwight Grant (-400) vs. Caleb Born (+300), Ike Villanueva (-115) vs. Jorge Gonzalez (-105), Timur Valiev (-500) vs. Mark Striegl (+400), Dwight Grant (-400) vs. Calen Born (+280), Ike Villanueva (-120) vs. Jordan Wright (-100), Like us on Facebook to see similar stories, Opinion: Americans want to travel for Thanksgiving, but the flood of Covid-19 cases can't be ignored, Qatar says identified parents of dumped baby in airport scandal. The 33-year-old native of Brazil gave current top contender Aljamain Sterling all he could handle in a decision loss in June 2019.

His decision win over Anthony Adams was enough for White to hand him his papers to sign for a showdown with fellow Contender Series standout, Maki Pitolo, on August 22. Striegl’s stand up has improved remarkably since his upset loss to Reece McLaren in 2015; his wrestling is still the star of his game, but he’s no longer lost on the feet. “Mugen” has tapped 14 professional opponents, eight of them via rear-naked choke.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. If you don't believe Edgar could earn a title shot with a win against the No. To check out the latest and greatest UFC on ESPN 15: “Munhoz vs. Edgar” news and notes be sure to hit up our comprehensive event archive right here. The Brazilian will see this fight as very winnable.

Could be a submission, but I favour Valiev to deliver some ground and poundage on route to a TKO victory.

Japan’s Mizuki Inoue takes on Amanda Lemos at flyweight in what should be a tough test for the New York-based fighter. Result: Rodriguez def. The UFC matchmakers granted the wish of Mariya Agapova in June following her post-fight interview in June. Pedro Munhoz takes on a bona fide legend in Frankie Edgar, in what will be the latter’s first-ever taste of bantamweight action. Lemos is a solid striker with stoppage power.

Both were plugged to be the next big thing during their early careers, but both have failed to develop the elite skillset required to be a champion. There is absolutely zero middle ground.

Agapova // TKO (punches) Round 2 1:38, Daniel Rodriguez (12-1) vs Dwight Grant (10-2).

Beating Menifeld is made slightly more difficult by his solid TDD which prevents the easy route of draining Menifeld on the mat during the dangerous first round. Prachnio // KO (elbow and punches) Round 1 2:17, Mariya Agapova (9-1) vs Shana Dobson (3-4). UFC on ESPN 15 also features two clashes of Light Heavyweight knockout artists and what could be an absolute Welterweight slugfest between Daniel Rodriguez and Takashi Sato. Inoue’s win over Yanan Wu UFC Shenzhen in August marked her last appearance inside the cage. Mike Rodriguez vs. Marcin Prachnio should be a very fun fight to watch. He fights for the first time in 16 months. But don’t let the lack of big names fool you – I honestly believe that this event will be awesome to watch.

“Clutch” leans on his sharper offensive boxing to claim victory in his Octagon debut. check out what SportsLine MMA analyst Kyle Marley has to say, see all of Marley's Munhoz vs. Edgar picks here, Visit SportsLine now to get detailed picks on every fight at UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs. Munhoz, all from the incomparable expert who's up nearly $20,000 on MMA in the past 18 months and nailed 16 of the last 19 main events. Maybe you’re the type of fan that prefers to bet on UFC fights with a little more glamor. I want to make a big statement and I want to be next for a title shot.". But he was outclassed three months later by the second-ranked Sterling, who now appears to be in line for a title bout against new champion Petr Yan.

Inoue // Decision (unanimous – 30-27, 30-27, 30-27), Austin Hubbard (12-4) vs Joe Solecki (9-2). Show full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours. Munhoz vs. Edgar preview. Are you leaning toward the... Daily Fantasy Football Sleepers for NFL Week 11 (2020). Munhoz, the fifth-ranked bantamweight, is determined to prove otherwise. Here’s what you may have missed last night! I can’t blame UFC for taking things slow with Agapova; however, even though clearly talented and full of potential, she’s still quite green at 23 years old. "Rodriguez has the more advanced skill set, however, so he is my pick.". Semelsberger (5-2) is on a three-fight rip and will be hopeful of extending his streak against the 10-1 Minus.

Agapova is 9-1 in the paid ranks, with a sole loss to Tracy Cortez the only blemish on her record. What a ridiculous match.

Three more UFC on ESPN 15 undercard bouts remain to preview and predict, including the second summer appearance of Austin Hubbard. A mid-career move down to 145 pounds brought great success despite three unsuccessful runs at the UFC featherweight title. Even his five-round featherweight title loss to Max Holloway in 2019 saw Edgar as game and competitive as any other top contender. The accomplished MMA analyst has been on fire as he has connected on 16 of his last 19 main-event selections, a stretch that included a streak of five straight underdogs. Carlton Minus (10-1) spent nearly the entirety of his pro career in Alaska FC before stepping up on short notice to face Rick Story in PFL’s 2018 season. Jared Gooden (17-4) saw a six-fight win streak give way to a 1-2 skid, one of those losses coming to UFC veteran Mike Graves in a bid for the Titan FC title.

Weigh-in video: Munhoz vs. Edgar (MMA Junkie) UFC on ESPN 15 predictions (MMA Junkie) MMA Junkie – The latest UFC/MMA coverage; If you want some action on this MMA bout, place your wagers at BetMGM now.

By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. Any competent striker should almost always be able to evade the more damaging strikes of Menifeld. Despite the 135-pound division being as deep and dangerous as ever at the moment in the aftermath of Henry Cejudo's abrupt retirement, Edgar represents the perfect B-side challenger that UFC might want to use to help new champion Petr Yan grow in fame.