You messed with the wrong dude. He is a member of the Indiana Film Journalists Association. A hardened CIA operative finds himself at the mercy of a precocious 9-year-old girl, having been sent undercover to surveil her family. John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum this isn’t, and a few awkward cuts later, Dillon simply executes the man. The Sister Sledge version of "My Guy" had its strongest impact on the Easy Listening chart where it rose as high as #2. Don Cheadle stars as Samir, a devout Muslim arms dealer with a knack for bombs. Action, Comedy. However, Wells' career never again reached the heights it had at Motown, and she never again had a hit single as big as "My Guy". Have A Nice Flight Sophie:   |  Such spells—monosyllabic and elemental—keep an entranced viewer forever swooning in the arms of a dream city that Guy Maddin (who teaches us how transient is any act of possession) calls mine. [3] "My Guy" was also Wells' last hit single for Motown, except for duets she recorded with label mate Marvin Gaye. He also reviews Oreos. Maddin’s oscillation between seriousness and levity—and between lighthearted eroticism and nightmarish trauma—explains why the two films that haunt me every time I watch My Winnipeg are Andy Warhol’s Blow Job and Claude Lanzmann’s Shoah. Each week in 2020, I’ll be reviewing one of my Guy’s films, exploring his wild career. Dave Beautisa is quite cool I think it's awesome he's been trending in the last few years or so. This isn’t that. The puckish Maddin’s screwball Interpretation of Dreams chooses farce, not melodrama, as its method. LedgeMan is simply the ledge, the tricky threshold, that allows Maddin to blur the line between the reality principle and the principle principle—or do I mean the death drive? The fictional Guy (call him diegetic? Written and produced by Smokey Robinson of The Miracles, the song is a woman's rejection of a sexual advance and affirmation of her fidelity to her boyfriend, who is her ideal and with … GlamSham impossible to keep track of the plural Guys!) Last year’s Dragged Across Concrete approached police brutality through an empathetic and disturbing lens. His avoidance of firearms isn’t much of a plot because he’s pretty quick to start blowing robbers away. Barbarella (1968) on IMDb: Movies, TV, Celebs, and more... Barbarella, an astronaut from the 41st century, sets out to find and stop the evil scientist Durand Durand, whose Positronic Ray threatens to bring evil back into the galaxy. As if we were Citizen Proust visiting a wax- museum House of Atreus, we need to exorcise old catastrophes and to step into the cracks afforded by synchronicities and place-names, where we might find (as Maddin finds on Garbage Hill, or in the folds of a sweater stolen from a hunky Soviet hockey player, or in the cotton that pours from the mouths of séance participants) a way to give birth to ourselves without leaving behind the placenta of a carbon footprint. Originality comes from pillage and salvage. The song has also been recorded by Lucia Altieri (it) (rendered in Italian as "Non ti scuso piu"), Aretha Franklin, Nancy Holloway (fr) (rendered in French as "Bye Bye"), Claudine Longet, Barbara McNair, Melba Moore, Dara Sedaka, and Helen Shapiro. With Dave Bautista, Chloe Coleman, Parisa Fitz-Henley, Kristen Schaal. In 1999, "My Guy" was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame. Sophie: In 1980, Amii Stewart and Johnny Bristol recorded a medley of "My Guy" and another Motown classic, the Temptations' "My Girl": "My Guy - My Girl (Medley)" peaked at #63 in the U.S., #76 R&B, and #39 in the UK. Shootouts, bombings, prison breaks. More than via any straightforward remake, "My Guy" has had its highest profile since the Mary Wells original through its appearance on the soundtrack of the Whoopi Goldberg film Sister Act (1992) in a rendition that substitutes "My Guy" with "My God", transforming the song into a faux-gospel number. Mary Wells herself re-recorded the song in a funk rendition for her 1984 album, I'm a Lady. Samir is on the FBI’ss radar, led by Agent Roy Clayton (Guy Pearce), who has a Ph.D. in Arab studies and hails from a line of Baptist preachers. Maddin’s potentates—whether hockey stars or department stores—never tumble down from their wintry Valhalla. The ‘80s Guy: YouTube curator, synthwave expert, time traveler. The Most-Watched Streaming Movies of 2020 Include ‘Hamilton’, ‘Borat 2’, ‘My Spy’, and More. Written and produced by Smokey Robinson of The Miracles, the song is a woman's rejection of a sexual advance and affirmation of her fidelity to her boyfriend, who is her ideal and with whom she is happy, despite his ordinary physique and looks.