But sometimes it is not quite enough. These are what I think I self explanatory. For instance, if you were to go camping with your family and do not bring hiking boots, bug spray, a sleeping bag, food, water and a tent it would not be as easy as if you brought them, right? I am so happy for smart phones and their technology, I’m not sure how I would make it sometimes. My recovery took approximately 6 months and while I’m still using a cane, it’s because I have knee problems on the same side, not because of the hip. I keep a positive outlook on life and I know that despite the fact there’s a lot of negative things going on for me health-wise, it could be a whole lot worse as well. WebMD looks at how trigger point injection, or TPI, helps manage pain. It certainly explains a lot of why I had so much pelvic pain over the years. I have ended up with depression, anxiety and feeling suicidal. WebMD explains how fibromyalgia is diagnosed. And if that weren’t enough, I also live with Osteoarthritis, Myofascial Pain, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and several other health issues. I feel like my muscles are encased in concrete as they constantly feel heavy and aching and hard to move. My body is hypersensitive to many things, including the feeling of labels in clothing, loud noise, smells….you name it. I check the trees and flower beds each Spring and get excited when I start to see changes. Something else that has contributed to my fibro pain is the number of surgeries I’ve had in my life. It was then that I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Neuropathy. My husband does way more than his fair share around the house when I’m not able to pitch in with chores and stuff. Learn what causes CPS and how to relieve it. They told me that if I lost weight, then I would be fine! It also helped to be with people who “get it”. We call ourselves Chargies, welcome to the community. So, being able to use software to speak what I need to remember and turning it into a list or calendar invite is very important. ( Log Out /  ( Log Out /  This to me is the single most important tool in my Fibromyalgia survival kit. See more ideas about Fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue, Chronic pain. WebMD tells you how to get started creating the treatment plan that’s best for you. This to me is the single most important tool in my Fibromyalgia survival kit. I’m never pain-free, I’m perpetually exhausted because I can’t get into the deep restorative sleep….I’m loopy and dizzy from drugs and as much as I keep a positive attitude, I’m frustrated beyond belief that this is what my life has become. She is a blogger who writes about Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue and Invisible Illness at pamelajessen.com  She also writes for The Mighty, PainResource.com and various independent publications. Change ). I also suffered a huge fibromyalgia flare-up, and was in pain for months, despite going for physiotherapy. Is it harder to concentrate? The good news is that effective treatments can relieve depression and make chronic pain more tolerable. I wanted to share my Top 10 Fibromyalgia survival items with you. I’m Jackie Foster and I am a lot of things; a mom, wife, pet mom, gardener and I have Fibromyalgia. They help to keep me on track when I need it the most. Shannon has added her face and story to Faces & Stories of Fibromyalgia. These all combine to make my fibro pain unbearable at times. My doctor helps me to manage my pain with a specific plan that we discuss every 3 months. I don’t even like baths, but those days where every muscles burns and every joint hurts, Epsom salt bath is my saviour. So, I try to plan and balance what I need or want to do with it. The pain in my hands is overwhelming at times. Top 5 Reasons Meditation is Important for Fibromyalgia, Why Symptom Tracking is a Must for Disease Management & Tips for How. In all likelihood, having a chronically ill person in your household … Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Mostly, it was mild for many years, but painful enough that I knew it wasn’t normal. Same goes for the Calendar, I schedule everything and make sure reminders are set. We tried several types of injections for the Fibro trigger points, including Botox, but nothing helped. My faith as a Christ follower is huge as well, and prayer plays a big part in my life when it comes to pain and managing it. Sometimes caring for my garden or creating new areas to plant does cause pain. Fibromyalgia leaves you tired and achy, but regular exercise can help reduce fatigue and pain. It’s the name of my blog as well, where I write about Chronic Pain and Invisible Illness. I have a 17 year old daughter who also suffers from Fibromyalgia and together we are honestly learning about the condition. For this I’m so very grateful. Because Fibromyalgia effects all aspects of your life. Like I said at the beginning with the camping example, we need to be prepared. That was a hard step for me, but a necessary one. I was sent to the Chiropractor and other doctors. My husband is a saint, and treats me like a princess, but as wonderful as he is, he can’t feel what I feel. My Life With Fibromyalgia I am a 19 year old with fibromyalgia who wants to share their experience of life with this illness. Post was not sent - check your email addresses!